Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #1

Any ideas on the best place to stay late March?

Thanks

Forest River Sierra 35'11" 5th
Flametheus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #2

Thanks

Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #3

Have you checked with ABC ? I don't know if they are open year round but you might give them a try.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flametheus6:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just made reservations at ABC for the last week in May. Yes, they are open. From comments made on this board and the recommendation of a close friend, ABC is considered to be one of the best parks you'll ever find.

For your information, if you are a GS member or a veteran, they offer a 10% discount. If you pay in cash or personal check they will give you an additional 15% discount. I paid an undiscounted deposit of $32 and some change. They will apply the discounts to this amount, too, when I show up there in May.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:24 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any ideas on the best place to stay late March? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our annual National iRV2 Rally will be at ABC in July, we think it'll meet or exceed the expectations of the members who are attending.

Link to their website.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #6

I had read a lot of goods things about ABC on this site and about the upcoming rally. In researching it, it appears that the Branson ABC is not in Branson but over the border in AR? Anyone with BOG (boots on ground) there? Also, I do get the discount for being a vet and I can probably find the cash if my wife isn't looking to close but their prices seem high?

Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
ABC is in MO at 499 Buena Vista Rd about 3 miles NW of Branson. Take a left off of SR 248 onto Buena Vista Rd. Why do you think it's in AR?

Regarding the discount, here's their printed policy:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A 15% DISCOUNT is available when paying by cash, or check, AND you are a Veteran or a member of Good Sam. You may obtain a 10% discount with your credit card or debit payment. Discounts are available for nightly rentals only, not weekly, and discounts ARE applicable on our cabins! If you are not a Good Sam member and would like to join, we sell introductory Good Sam Memberships at our front desk for half-price. Please inquire upon check-in--you can use your discount immediately!

The weekly rate is available when you register for 7 nights or more, and it is about 20% off the basic rate. You must pay for 7 nights or more at time of check-in to obtain the weekly rate.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #8

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any ideas on the best place to stay late March? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our annual National iRV2 Rally will be at ABC in July, we think it'll meet or exceed the expectations of the members who are attending.
] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABC is a great campground. My wife and I spent a week there, in the fall. The bathrooms are spotless, along with the laundry room. Very easy to get to. To say the people are helpful is an understatement. We have been to Branson with the RV a couple of times, and these were the most helpful people I have dealt with. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, and we need isle seats for the shows. I had one campground tell me because of the request, I needed to contact the shows directly. Not at ABC. These people got on the phone, with every show we booked thru them, and asked for an isle seat for my wife. I can't tell you how many times they came around and made sure everything was OK. They even have a coin truck/rv wash at the back of the campground.

The sites at the top of the hill are not as close together as the pull thru sites, but all sites are nice.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy this place.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

The folks at ABC in Branson are wonderful to deal with!

Call them and ask for Michelle,tell her you're an iRV2 member and heard about them here...

I've spoken to the folks at ABC several times a week for many weeks now as I'm the '07 Wagonmaster for the iRV2 National Rally...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote