Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have camped at West Branch twice in the last year. Including this past weekend (April 8-10)West Branch has been completely re-constructed. They added 150 brand new sites, 4 brand new showerhouses, repaved the whole park, 50 amp service at most sites, added about 35 full service sites. I think it would be a very central location for the "Pond Piggies" group. The only downfall is during the summer months reservations would have to be made. It would be a good spot either before Memorial Day or after Labor day. We have another reservation for the 3rd weekend in June with my family. I took pictures and site descriptions of most of the full service sites if needed. Here are a few pictures I happen to have from last weekend and some fall pictures from Oct. 2004. [ http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slif_1...bum?.dir=/a255
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have camped at West Branch twice in the last year. Including this past weekend (April 8-10)West Branch has been completely re-constructed. They added 150 brand new sites, 4 brand new showerhouses, repaved the whole park, 50 amp service at most sites, added about 35 full service sites. I think it would be a very central location for the "Pond Piggies" group. The only downfall is during the summer months reservations would have to be made. It would be a good spot either before Memorial Day or after Labor day. We have another reservation for the 3rd weekend in June with my family. I took pictures and site descriptions of most of the full service sites if needed. Here are a few pictures I happen to have from last weekend and some fall pictures from Oct. 2004. [ http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slif_1...bum?.dir=/a255
Old 04-11-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Jim,

Thanks for posting on the park. I couldn't get to the pictures, but the place sounds nice. We're looking for someplace to try on short notice for some early May camping if we have a nice weekend predicted. West Branch might fit the bill.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry Joe for the pictures not working. I tried posting them on my AOL picture page. I reposted them tonight using Yahoo's picture album page. See if they work now. Let me know. When we camped last weekend (April 8-10) they had 2 of 5 loops open. Next weekend they will open up the full service loop. I believe the whole park will be open by May 15th.

NEW PICTURE LINK>>>> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slif_1...bum?.dir=/a255
Old 04-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Joe,

I'll agree with Slif.....its a nice park, and good for short notice camping.
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:41 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Or a spare of the moment visit. Friday around 7pm or so I was returning from a bike ride with my son (Robert) and about 500 feet from our site I noticed a white mini van parked in front of our site. In the back of my head I thought hummmm George has a white van I bet he just couldn't resist the excuse for a visit. Sure enough he was there along with Jodi and the kids stoking my fire in preparation for some dogs. He gave me some helpful hints on things I need to do to of trailer. For us this is the closest State Park to home now since they upgraded the facilities (29 miles). For early and late season this is going to be a nice weekend spot. In the summer with all the boating it will be hard to get a site.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I've had WB on our list for the past 2 years to get to. Sounds like with all the improvments this should be the year to make it there. Thanks for the posting Jim & Diane.
L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:08 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hello,
Lori I made a list of all the sites at West Branch that are level or semi-level. If either as a group or by yourselves e-mail me if you would like it. I also have pictures of just about all the full service sites. The reason I did that is because during reconstruction the contractor didn't like the park ranges keep putting their two cents in as to making the newly constucted sites "camper friendly". Meaning semi-level and all 55 feet deep. So the contractor went to the state of Ohio and said in order to do his job all park employees are not to "bug" him and stay out of the copnstruction zone till he is done. So what ended happening was some sites are either very short or not level at all. There are a few full service sites that no RV trailer would be able to use. According to a park volunteer it is in litagation over paying him all his due. In either April-May and Sept-Nov. reservations would most likely not be needed. But during the summer boating season I would have one. Mike is going there July 4th and I'll be there again June 17-19th. Over-all I really liked the fact just about everything is new. The only thing they are doing this year is installing a boat ramp and installing a new playground. Mybe the Pond Piggies can get together here in the fall.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
We need to be closest to the bathhouse
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yes, please & thanks, send me your list & photos. You can use the address in my public profile.
I sure hope the SP had a contract - including specific site dimensions - with that contractor for the new site constructions. They can wiggle out of taking responsibility if instructions are not specifically spelled out in a binding contract. I'm sure it cost a lot of (taxpayer) money to get those new sites put in & if they are unusable to a lot of folks due to size or levelness, then that money was just wasted because the sites will go empty.
L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:33 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superslif:
Sorry Joe for the pictures not working. I tried posting them on my AOL picture page. I reposted them tonight using Yahoo's picture album page. See if they work now. Let me know. When we camped last weekend (April 8-10) they had 2 of 5 loops open. Next weekend they will open up the full service loop. I believe the whole park will be open by May 15th.

NEW PICTURE LINK&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slif_1...bum?.dir=/a255 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
mark rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote