Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #1

Smile Indiana to Yellowstone, N on 94W

Looking for Info on interesting activities to do along the way. Have a 33' 5th wheel. Planning Aug. Summer of 2016 trip. Like outdoor as well as interesting tours of museums or factories.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Lots of options. Summerfest in Milwaukee, Harley factory tour, if you use 90 instead on 94 go to the Black Hills, badlands, Mt Rushmore. Sioux Falls is a nice city to explore. If on 94, be sure to go to Fargo and listen to their accents (just like the TV show just kidding)
MJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #3

Theodore Roosevelt NP is worth visiting, I enjoyed that more then the badlands and black hills.. And also Mount Rushmore but a completely different experience
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #4

If you run I90 through SD you can also stop at Wall and go to Wall Drug. If you do go to the second Wall exit, turn right and there are two campgrounds just off the freeway. You are also quite close to the Badlands and the Black Hills are just a bit farther west.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:06 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you drive up I74 to I90, in Dyersville, IA I'd the Field of Dreams movie site. Just a quick stop and if you really enjoyed the movie, worth it. Field Of Dreams Movie Site | Field Of Dreams Movie Site

Once on I90, in Mitchell, SD is the Corn Palace. The building is covered with murals made of prairie grasses, corn, wheat, etc. again, just a quick stop but something I believe you will enjoy and remember, we have. The World Famous Corn Palace | The World Famous Corn Palace

You will have a great trip, we did this many years ago in our truck - looking forward to it again in the RV.

g
Old 11-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #6

Badlands National Park is worth at least two days.

Black National Forest / Mt. Rushmore is worth a few days. Don't miss driving the Custer State Park loop (with your toad or tow vehicle only). Spearfish Canyon is another must drive.

The Bighorn National Forest is worth at least a few days. If you leave the Bighorns via hwy. 14A (not id mountain driving scares you), the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area is a little known gem.

You absolutely don't want to miss the beartooth Highway (hwy 212) from Red Lodge Mt. The highway is spectacular as it is just shy of 11,000'. It has a scary reputation, but I routinely tow my 5th wheel across it with no problem.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #7

Wyoming has many very interesting things to see and do. Cody has the Buffalo Bill museum with its huge collection of vintage firearms, many shops to visit, Buffalo Bill reservoir, etc.
Thermopolis has the hot springs, including an indoor hot spring-fed swimming pool, which is not as hot as the outdoor pools. Both town have in-city RV parks BTW.
Getting to Yellowstone is easier if you enter via I80, Rawlins exit to Riverton to Thermopolis to Cody; no mountain grades until you are past the park entrance, and the Wind River area is quite beautiful IMO.
From I90, the Gardiner entrance also has no mountain grades into the park, but a steady uphill climb to the loop road in the park.
Humm, now I want to go back again, for the 5th time.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote