Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #43
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lori, do you know when the Columbus RV show is? I would really like to check out the Carriage line of 5er RV's. I believe there is a dealership south of Columbus who I would think would be at your show. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. There are 2 shows. 1 in January & 1 in March. IMO, you want to hold out for the one in March because it's RV's only. That's the one Dave & I go to. The one in January is the Boat & RV Show. You end up paying the same price as the show in March, but over half of the space is boats. The RV only show is March 6-8, 2009 at the state fairgrounds. Here is the link to it's website.

As for dealers, RCD Sales is the closest to Columbus (Heath). They carry the Cameo line. That is where we got our Bounder. You'll want to speak to Charlie or Derek. I'll tell them they better treat you right or they won't get our business when we need to trade in our Bounder. The other one I know of is Colerain RV, but it's way down in Cinci & I don't know anything about them other than they also carry Cameo & the high end Domani line. I know, for sure, RCD has a big presence at the Columbus show, but I don't think Colerain comes up this far - they go to the Dayton show.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #44

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
If Cutty's is where the majority wants to camp, so be it! I don't have any objections. Camping outside of OH was only a preference. We've been to Cutty's before so we know what's in the area. I'm not much into fleas (although the cat might be by then) but there are other things to do. I'm sure there is a place to do some wining nearby.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #45
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm sure there is a place to do some wining nearby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is 1.8 miles away close enough for ya? You can almost walk to Maize Valley Winery from Cutty's (although I wouldn't try it as folks go pretty fast on Rt 619 & ya have to cross Rt 44).

Lori-
Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK: The "Hold" on 10 full service sites is a go. We have a 30 day hold on 5 pull-thru's ( (sites K-5,K-6,K-7,K-8 & K-9)and 5 back-in's (K-24, K-25, K-26, K-27 & K-28) all across from each other. If were going with Cutty's I would like to request the end site (#28) with George in (#27). I Emailed Randy back to see what the best way to reserve individual sites would be. (either answering machine or email) Just a reminder....their Email address is info@cuttyssunset.com Which may cause it to be re-routed into ones email's "spam" folder because of the "info" in front as is does mine. Do we have the thumbs up here?

Cutty's Sunset website.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:59 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yep, we are on for Cutty's.

Would suggest:
K9- Joe
K8- Bill
K7- Me
K6- Lori
K5- Frank

If previous years are any indication, each of us just contacts them with the site number listed above and tell them they are reserved under your name and then we just pay the deposit that way.

We can try to contact by phone or email, although I dont want to give them the credit card info thru email.
Mike

P.S. Jim, what kind of feeling did you get on how many other sites might be available? If they have several, we could start a new post just for Cutty's and see if we can get others to join.

On edit, Frank, I suggested the pull thru since you come in usually late in evening and didnt know if the new sites would be soft or not. I didnt realize the back in's were cheaper. So if you dont want that pull thru, you could get the one next to George I presume.
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, talking to Randy this past Monday, he indicated he was a little surprised to see no other groups have committed to sites yet. I think people are taking a wait and see with this economy and a new president. But you have to remember usually in years past I would hear something from Mike in Jan. or Feb. I will go ahead email him back to to say we have takers for the 5 pull-thru's and those people will be contacting you in the next week or so. I'll take that first back-in site across from Joe #28. I have to get a hold of George to see if he can commit this far out. I have him penciled in on site # 27 I know he has been very busy with school....lately...
If you 5 guys take the 5 pull-thru's, do you think we should go ahead and ask for a few more pull-thru's to be put on hold? Just a thought.

So I will go ahead and tell Randy the reservations for our group put under my name.

~~ Jim Slifka ~~ AKA: (Pond Piggies)

Do I have to mention the groups name (Pond Piggies) I'm sure he knows Mike, so were in good standings.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
You can either use your name or Pond Piggies. It wont matter. Ask him how many more pull thru's or back ins we can hold and for how long. Then we can start another post and see if we get any more takers over the next 30 days or so. In the meantime, we can all make our contact with them and book our particular sites.
Mike
Old 12-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #50

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, I went ahead and asked for 2 more pull-thru's and were given them. So now we have pull-thru sites K-3 & K-4. Randy is the owner, but Barb is the one who handles the reservations. So you can contact them one of 3 ways.

1). 330·935·2431 • 800·533·7965

2). info@cuttyssunset.com

3). Cutty's Reservation Page If you go this route, just say your with the Slifka Party (Pond Piggies)
Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
I'm pretty sure that I can commit to Memorial Day weekend. I'll call soon and reserve 27.
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Just gave Randy my credit card info. I had left a message on the phone and also sent that online registration form thingy to him. he then called me to get the credit card info.
Mike
Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #53

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I can't remember where it was but I once camped somewhere where the pull-thru's were only 50 and 20 amps. There were no 30 amp recepticles. I'll opt for one of the cheaper (probably 30 amp) back-in sites.

I'm not going to make the reservation until after Christmas ...too busy.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We called and left a message on Cutty's phone this morning. By afternoon, we had a call back and reserved site K9.

All set for Spring....now if it would just warm up
Old 12-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">..reserved site K9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was a PET ONLY site?

Lori-
Old 12-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NLOVNIT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">..reserved site K9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was a PET ONLY site?

Lori- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>