Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Storage Facilities NW of Twin Cities

Yeah my first post.

We are still working on closing the deal on our first rig, but we are still working on what to do for the rest of the winter. We have some option on where to keep the rig until we get something built on our property but I was wondering if anyone in Minnesota knew of any good RV storage? I live between the twin cities and St. Cloud. I prefer indoors but I really want something that is secure and won't break the bank.
TooTallTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #2

Many places are already full up this time of year. I'm up by Duluth. Maybe put a ad on Craigslist specifying how big of storage space you need and see if you get any bites. Also if you're purchasing from a dealer ask them they may have some leads for you.
Good luck!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Many places are already full up this time of year. I'm up by Duluth. Maybe put a ad on Craigslist specifying how big of storage space you need and see if you get any bites. Also if you're purchasing from a dealer ask them they may have some leads for you.
Good luck!
How far out of Duluth are you? I am about 10 miles west (Esko)......
Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. I have called a couple of places, one has space and I'm waiting to hear back on the other.

I have also created a Craigslist ad.

We'll see what we get.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
How far out of Duluth are you? I am about 10 miles west (Esko)......
I'm in Cloquet. We must be close!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTallTom View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have called a couple of places, one has space and I'm waiting to hear back on the other.

I have also created a Craigslist ad.

We'll see what we get.
Good luck! We just bought our motorhome the weekend after Thanksgiving. Luckily my son has a large Morton building so it is stored out of the elements.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #7

Quote:
I'm in Cloquet. We must be close!
Yep! Quite close! Maybe someday we will meet....
Old 01-08-2015, 03:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Yep! Quite close! Maybe someday we will meet....
We just may. Do you hit any of the local cg's? We used to be seasonal at Bent Trout but we still go there once or twice during the season.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #9

I drove through there a few years back, but what I saw there didn't impress me. hey seemed to have everyone almost stacked on top of each other. I like places like Whiteface Reservoir.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback. The DW and I decided to just park the MH on our lawn until we get our long term parking situation figured out.

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #11

Nice to have a solution and keep it close to home! You can admire it more then!!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Nice to have a solution and keep it close to home! You can admire it more then!!
That's why the DW said, she wouldn't mind looking at it for the rest of the winter rather than have it sit on the dealer lot until April 2+ hours away. That way she can start planning on how to make it our home on wheels.

Tags
storage