Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Ok, I dropped the ball in posting this. My bad, please forgive me. The Pond Piggies will be here for Memorial Day weekend. It's probably pretty full, but if anyone else out there wants to join in, please check for site availability. The more the merrier. Site standings the last I heard were:

Candace & Walt on 59
George & Jodi on 60
Joe & Shelly on 58
Mike & Debbie on 51
Jim & Diane on 74
Dave & Lori on 70
Bill & Michelle on 61
Frank & Chris on 57

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Ok, I dropped the ball in posting this. My bad, please forgive me. The Pond Piggies will be here for Memorial Day weekend. It's probably pretty full, but if anyone else out there wants to join in, please check for site availability. The more the merrier. Site standings the last I heard were:

Candace & Walt on 59
George & Jodi on 60
Joe & Shelly on 58
Mike & Debbie on 51
Jim & Diane on 74
Dave & Lori on 70
Bill & Michelle on 61
Frank & Chris on 57

L-
Old 02-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Who are the Pond Piggies??

I'm just north of Pittsburgh and may be able to attend.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
We are a group of camping friends. The name was inspired after viewing the Carp hatchery at Pymatuning Lake and the Linesville spillway.

You are welcome to join us.

George
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Who are the Pond Piggies??

I'm just north of Pittsburgh and may be able to attend.

-Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hey Tom,

I hope you can make it. It's be a good chance to meet up with the other local iRV2 folks. It's only about an hour and a half from our neck of the woods.

Joe
Old 02-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
We're probably giving up our summer RV lot near Indiana so we'll be able to do more traveling.

We're in FL until April.

-Tom

Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yeah, Tom, love to have you join us anytime. As you can see from this region's forum, we've started planning several outtings for the upcoming season. More will follow as we firm up destinations & coordinate who can meet up. Look for future postings.

L-
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hello Tom,
I checked the "ReserveUSA" website to see what is open for that weekend at Tionesta. There are NO3 day weekend sites open. There are maybe 2-3 Friday night only sites open, and no Sat. nights open. Now they do have a bunch of "first come first serve" (non-reservable)sites. These are all full service too. The loop next to ours is all this way. I wonder if you called the park office say in late April / early May to see if they would recommend how early the walk in sites fill up. If your retired this may be an option.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
We are seriously consider coming up. I'm retired and planned to come a couple days early and leave Mon or Tue. I also think my buddy may come along in his Allegro Bus.

Are these no reserve sites across the creek???

-Tom
currently in Crystal River, FL until April 1

Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Tom,
The reservation site seems to be acting up alittle, but it appears you can reserve some sites in the 109-124 section. You might want to play with that area and see what you can get. I used dates of 5/24-5/29.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think those 109-124 sites are the "walk in only" sites. Also, I believe sites 1-21 or so are also walk-ins too. If your able to get there earlier in the week you will be better off.....Now the 109 -124 are 50amp full service and the 1-21 are listed as 30 amp full service. The sites 1-21 would be the next loop over from us. The sites 109-124 would be on the other side of the campground. It doesn't look that far. Here is a map of the campground. Just click on an area to enlarge. http://www.recreation.gov/nrrs/Tionesta_Rec_Area_Campgr...ncy=NRRS&parkId=3313
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We've been camping at Tionesta for the last 10 years or so. Rarely would it be difficult to get a site until 2 years ago when they began making all the sites full hookup. The campground used to be electric only which meant that folks did not stay for extended periods of time.

Some of the sites in the 109-124 loop are the best in the campground. 120 and 122 are ones that I've camped on that make you feel as if have a private campground all to yourself. If you're able to get there early in the week, you might find an open site in the non-reservable area, but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable doing that on a holiday weekend.

As Jim mentioned, the 1-21 loop is closer to us, but the sites in the 109-124 loop are larger.

Hopefully a site will open up and you can reserve.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Joe K, you can add me to the "disabled" list.

Just spent 8 days in the hospital with an infected leg. My first hospitalization in 50 years! I'm now home but still on an antibiotic IV (Vancomycin). My wife is "hooking me up" twice a day and I have occasional blood letting visits from the Concordia visiting nurses.

Hopefully, we'll be able to make the Memorial Day gathering at Tionesta Dam. I plan to come up early in the week and get one of the non-reservable sites. My buddy and next door neighbor may be tagging along in his motorhome.

-Tom

Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hey Tom,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. It's not been a fun Spring so far this year for a few of us.

Hopefully by Memorial Day, everyone is back to their normal selves and we'll see you at Tionesta.

Joe