RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #1

Hello I am new to this site and my name is Steven I have been going over and over this whole site put in a comment or 2 but I noticed that there is no outings for here in Illinois on this site when I know that there is at least one on RV.NET which I am all ready going to. But I am looking to meet more people and maybe do some more camping this year but with high cost would like to stay close to home area (around 150 miles of Chicago) so if anybody else in the area knows of anything please let me know or if anybody is interested in helping me get something going lets do it. ooohhh btw if you are interested in going to the the one we are having in early May you can go to RV.NET and search "North Illinois Welcome Back Spring Get Together May 2-4 2008" we might at well have some fun while we still can afford to buy fuel so lets get things going
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #2

Hello I am new to this site and my name is Steven I have been going over and over this whole site put in a comment or 2 but I noticed that there is no outings for here in Illinois on this site when I know that there is at least one on RV.NET which I am all ready going to. But I am looking to meet more people and maybe do some more camping this year but with high cost would like to stay close to home area (around 150 miles of Chicago) so if anybody else in the area knows of anything please let me know or if anybody is interested in helping me get something going lets do it. ooohhh btw if you are interested in going to the the one we are having in early May you can go to RV.NET and search "North Illinois Welcome Back Spring Get Together May 2-4 2008" we might at well have some fun while we still can afford to buy fuel so lets get things going
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hi doughboy,

Glad to have you on the site.

You've actually just taken the first step in getting a group of folks together from Illinois, and that was posting and seeing if there are others that would like to get together.

Typically, it takes involvement by someone wanting to start a camping group and inviting others to join. I would imagine, there's others from Illinois who would probably enjoy getting together.

Just as you talk about staying fairly local, there is a group of us from Eastern Ohio, Western PA and South-West New York that get together fairly frequently during the Summer campign season. Typically we camp informally and usually post where we'll be in hopes someone else will join. Hopefully if you post a few local campground where you plan on spending some time during the Summer, others will join in.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #4

thanks for the welcome

you know have to do something so we are not just sitting in the house all summer long
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
doughboy81972,

As Joe mentioned, we've got a group that's mainly centered around the eastern part of the North Central Region that gets together often throughout the season. We post here & in the Pond Piggie subForum when 1 or more of us heads out somewhere. If you see any place we're goin' that you are interested in & want to venture farther, please feel free to join us. We love to meet new people.

The states in the western part of this Region have been pretty quiet. Now that you've posted an invite, hopefully, some of the folks & iRV2 members in that area of the Region will meet up.

L-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #6

Ya no kidding I know there is a guy from our group on RV.NET on here but I don't know about the rest
Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #7

Doughboy, looks like there is little interst in an Illinois get together, other than your Northern Illinois group.
A couple of years ago, I tried to stir up some interest, but found NO response. Maybe all the Illinois members are a more "private" group.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Don't be discouraged yet. It's still early & from what I'm hearing on the Weather Channel, there's more snow in the northern & western parts of this Region.

Maybe time & warmer weather will have members stirring & posting their wherabouts before too long.

L-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grumpy9:
Doughboy, looks like there is little interst in an Illinois get together, other than your Northern Illinois group.
A couple of years ago, I tried to stir up some interest, but found NO response. Maybe all the Illinois members are a more "private" group. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or maybe they have heard of us and don't want to get involved
Old 03-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NLOVNIT:
Don't be discouraged yet. It's still early & from what I'm hearing on the Weather Channel, there's more snow in the northern & western parts of this Region.

Maybe time & warmer weather will have members stirring & posting their wherabouts before too long.

but now is the best time to plan I know I have at least 2 gatherings this year so far with 3 more in the works
L- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #11

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grumpy9:
A couple of years ago, I tried to stir up some interest, but found NO response. Maybe all the Illinois members are a more "private" group. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the long delay, but working those night runs to Chicago isn't much fun.

Well, I live in Central Illinois, and if interested, we will be in Effingham over Memorial Day weekend, then over by Waynetown, Indiana, a little campground called Charlarose Lake, at Exit 25 off of I-74. Not far from Urbana. Then, it is back down to Effingham for the following weekend. If you want, come down and visit. Can't miss my truck. It has a Grumpy stencil on the back window of the topper. We can talk about who is the "Grumpist?" person.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:10 AM   #12

cool thanks I already have plans with my brother for next weekend now I just need the money for to confirm the reservation did you know that I started a summmer rally up here for August 1-3 on RV.NET
Old 03-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #13

Well I'm Joe the New Guy on the forum

I live south of Chicago I'm up for a MidWest Rally any where !!!! Let's Go !!!! I helped run a rally in Branson and a rally in Elkhart so I'll help.

Wayne
Old 03-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Doughboy, Yogi and others...

Why not join our IRV2 rally in Ohio?

Click HERE for info and sign up.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote