Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We need to start thinking about a caravan and arrive IN MASS. We are planning to go up a day or two early and visit some folks in Pryor, OK but could pick up the road train as you head up 69 N or pick it up at Big Cabin.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #44

Ken, sounds like fun, we'll be watching to see how this develops. Think we are going to kick off the season this weekend, getting cabin fever. Going up to Branson on Friday(at ABC) to catch a show or two over the weekend. Anyone up for an outing? Gene
Old 03-29-2007, 01:33 AM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
TxIceMan -

In looking at the listing of Texans headed to Branson, there are about 5 coming out of the Houston area.

We'll meet up with others coming from Austin, Killeen and Burleson and more coming from the northeast part of Texas.

I figure we'll have one overnighter somewhere between north Texas and Branson. I'll be getting out the road maps here soon and begin calling rv spots to accomodate the group as we head Branson direction all rolling in at the same time.

If ya'll have any recommendations as to a good overnight stopping place - let me know. Typically those who've caravaned to Nationals don't even unhitch for the night. By the time we get to the overnighter place - we're pooped!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
MB.

There is a decent little place in Arkadelphia Arkansas that we have stayed overnight before. Its right off I-30 and the feeder. The traffic never seemed to be a issue for us anyway. There is a nice fish place there close by and also a mexican rest. ( Ta Mollys ) that is good also. There are some others also at this exit Cracker Barrel etc. THere is plenty of fuel stations that also have a truck island etc. I think its exit 78 ( scenic 7). It map quests 350 miles from Spring Tx, just as a reference point and another 230 miles to Branson. Here is their web site www.arkadelphiacampground.com

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #47

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Steve fore the info! I'll check it out. Since you've been that road before, you're recommendations are definitely valid. The distance seems good for those of us down here in south Texas.

Sandy
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, we will be going up a day or two early and be in the Pryor area (45 miles NE of Tulsa). We'd like to meet up and run with ya'll on the last leg into Branson. We can run up Hwy 69 and meet everyone near Big Cabin, OK if you run up I-44.

Houston to Tulsa is rigth at 500 miles and we have made the trip with the trailer in one run several times. About 10.5 hours (running 65 to 70 MPH) including stops for fuel and lunch.

From Houston, Dallas is right at the 1/2-way point.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 04-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ms Boomer, If you all decide to come this way let me know. We plan on going up Sunday morning, getting in around noon or so but if you are coming this way we might just join in. Then again, we might get out in front so we can beat the line. Sorry, just couldn't resist it.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #50
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ann n Gene:
Ken, sounds like fun, we'll be watching to see how this develops. Think we are going to kick off the season this weekend, getting cabin fever. Going up to Branson on Friday(at ABC) to catch a show or two over the weekend. Anyone up for an outing? Gene </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gene, when you get to ABC be sure and find Michelle in the office and tell her you're from the iRV2 group....She's the rally coordinator and a REALLY nice person.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #51

Tried-she is off this weeKend. Great Shows, can't Wait to get backup here with you guys!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 AM   #52

I am also keeping an eye peeled on this. From Texas City to I-40 it is 500 miles. I grew up in Checotah at the intersection of I-40 and 69. Can catch I-40 toward Little Rock and then I think it is 540 North. I have kinflok in Cassville, I have driven this and I remember some real good hills heading North. It is doable in a rig but I remember the climbing lanes on the uphill side. It is a pretty drive. Looks like from where I live straight up 50 or go to Dallas and catch I-30 and then go North. Will keep looking. When are some of you guys from down here leaving?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:32 AM   #53

In the above post it is 59 North not 50. I'm glad I drive better than I type.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 AM   #54

Texas Boomers Club
Okie-Go -

Long time no hear from good buddy! Hope you and Beth are doing well! Glad to see you still have your rig too!

We still haven't processed all the information on the BEST WAY for us "South Texans" to get to Branson. If the road is good, there aren't many RV parks to stop for one night along the way. We have toooooo many going to depend on Wally-camping one night!

If we take a route with more possibilities for suitable one night lodging, it's out of the way or certainly a different way of getting there and maybe a longer drive distance.

I must say your word about 540 North being DO-ABLE is cause for some consideration I haven't been on that road, but advice from others who have pulled a fair sized rig through there say its a behind-clincher!!!

Sandy
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 AM   #55

Sandy, The hills are not as bad as Wolf Creek pass in Colorado but they are more steep than the one at Kerrville on I-10 and a lot of the ones in the Smokey's I have seen. I think the best way is to go to Dallas and hit 30. There are a few campgrounds right at Texarkana then to Branson the next morning is not to far at all. My principal stays at Texarkana on the way there. I think he goes up 59. I am trying to avoid 59 because of the small towns and rough road. On 540 the jake brake would be used. I think it would be a fun pull!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, we had made the run several years ago from Branson south into Arkansas and it is a beautiful drive. We had a V-10 31' class C towing a Probe and did OK. My concern with that route is the hills and trying to keep the group somewhat together. There are some pretty good grades, and lots of small towns.

We are still heading up to Pryor, OK on Friday to visit friends and will run into Branson on Sunday. We have made the run from Houston to Tulsa/Pryor several times in one long day. Using 45 to Dallas, 75 to McAlaster and them 69 to Pryor is right at 500 miles from Spring area. The worst part is getting through Dallas. Pryor has a decent RV park (used to be), Green Country Mobile Home and RV Park.

We can get together this weekend and get the maps out if you want.

Ken