Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, all. I currently plan to sail in a National Model Boat regatta being held in Pasadena, TX on October 21,22. We would like to take the MH but...

I'm having a hard time finding a place to put it. There is a place called Jus Passin Thru RV Park at 3214 Federal in Pasadena. I planned to call them tomorrow but I'd much prefer to have some opinions about:
1. This park
2. Alternative parks within 1/2 hour drive of Burk/Crenshaw Park in Pasedena
3. Where you would park your rig in this area.

I'll appreciate all the opinions that I can get. I don't really want to get there and find that I have a BIG PROBLEM.

Thanks,

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, all. I currently plan to sail in a National Model Boat regatta being held in Pasadena, TX on October 21,22. We would like to take the MH but...

I'm having a hard time finding a place to put it. There is a place called Jus Passin Thru RV Park at 3214 Federal in Pasadena. I planned to call them tomorrow but I'd much prefer to have some opinions about:
1. This park
2. Alternative parks within 1/2 hour drive of Burk/Crenshaw Park in Pasedena
3. Where you would park your rig in this area.

I'll appreciate all the opinions that I can get. I don't really want to get there and find that I have a BIG PROBLEM.

Thanks,

Charlie
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Charlie, don't know about the RV parks in Pasadena, but will probably be out that way next week.

What class and what club is this? I used to sail an EC12 and then an AC class. Sold the AC about 3 years ago and had not raced for a few years before that. The AC was fantastic boat. Had a 2nd in the regionals.

What time is the event? I'll try to make a run out and kibitiz a bit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We'd love to have you join us, Ken. It is Star 45 class. Here is the link for the regatta information.

Star 45 Nationals

One of the guys who is running this regatta has an RV, too. He and I are both looking at this campground or an alternative close by. Neither one of us want to get our blood pressure up dealing with the Houston area traffic for too long before we even start sailing.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:27 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Charlie, you might want to check out the Marina Bay RV park in Kemah Click Here. That may be a little closer than the other one that you're looking at.

We have stayed at Marina Bay. They have narrow sites and seem to be better for motor homes than trailers.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:57 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, Jay. The campground that I listed is about 6 blocks from the pond where we are sailing in Pasadena.

I had the name of another Kemah campground but if we elect to stay there, I'd use the one you suggested instead. The drive is a little further away from Kemah to the Pasadena park but certainly still an option for us.

Thanks for your reply.

Charlie
Old 09-25-2006, 04:54 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was hoping for some additional responses from those of you who live in the Houston area. I know that most of you are in the northern areas, not the southeastern part as both the RV park and the sailing pond are. I'd rather not drive all the way to Kemah every day if I don't have to but also don't want wish that I hadn't booked a reservation in Pasadena.

Is anyone familiar with the town? Is it safe?

Please, I'll take any additional input that I can get.

Charlie
Old 09-25-2006, 08:30 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Charlie, I will be on that side of Houston (Pasadena) later this week. If you can wait a few days, I'll make a swing by and check the place out.

We live in the far NW Houston area, but I go that way on business.

Get your rigging tuned and batteries charge. We are getting into the time of year that the wind blows a little heavier.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just bought a new charger today. The good news about the Star 45 is that multiple rigs are class legal (unlike my ODOM which has to keep the same set of sails through regatta.). I'll be tuning up the A sails and the B sails this week.

I chickened out and booked the Space Center Campground. I didn't want to risk not having a place to park. I called the orignal park that I asked about but they had no openings and didn't think that would have any openings when I needed them. It will be a little drive to the pond but it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks for your offer of help anyway.

Charlie
Old 11-20-2006, 03:51 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I meant to update this thread earlier. The Star 45 Nationals were great, a lot of fun and we made the trip with no incidents including parking the RV for a day at Crenshaw park.

Space Port RV park is a nice campground and the folks there were very friendly. Unfortunately, it is filled with long timers. The roads are very narrow and there is no enforcement of keeping vehicles parked in assigned sites so the road are partially (or in some cases completely) blocked. I had to run the toad from our site to the highway and pick a route to the exit that I could use the morning that we left. Even then, it was a painful drive out with fractions of an inch to spare going around the many corners. Ugh. I certainly won't recommend that park to anyone else unless there were no alternatives (just like in our case.)