Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Attendees -

Does ANYONE who is coming to the Rally happen to have (and can bring) one of those big slow cookers? I think that's what they are called.. they will hold about 5-6 gallons of food. It's like a HUGE crock pot

We have 4 institutional size cans of chili that needs to be heated up for the Mexican Haystacks lunch.

Please let me know if you have one and can bring it - it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Attendees -

Does ANYONE who is coming to the Rally happen to have (and can bring) one of those big slow cookers? I think that's what they are called.. they will hold about 5-6 gallons of food. It's like a HUGE crock pot

We have 4 institutional size cans of chili that needs to be heated up for the Mexican Haystacks lunch.

Please let me know if you have one and can bring it - it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sandy
Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sandy - we have one of those huge grey porcelan stew pots that could be used on top of a stove if that will do. It will be the same one we will cook the pinto beans in Sat Nite.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sandy,
We carry a slow cooker on board, but the average size for them is 4-6 Quarts, not gallons. Just whistle if you can use it.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy, we have 2 4 gallon commercial stock pots w/ lids. They have to be used on the stove - if you want us to bring them, let us know.

Eileen Norman

Life may not be the party you were hoping for, but as long as you're here, you might as well dance!!
Trekker Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trekker Nana:
Sandy, we have 2 4 gallon commercial stock pots w/ lids. They have to be used on the stove - if you want us to bring them, let us know.

Eileen Norman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me rephrase that - we have two 4 gallon pots. Glenn said it looked like 24 stock pots!!

Eileen

Life may not be the party you were hoping for, but as long as you're here, you might as well dance!!
Trekker Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sandy we have an electric roaster that I have used at school to cook hot dogs, etc. We can bring that.
Janet
Old 05-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy,

we have a electric roaster that we keep in our rig we use it to cook chili, gumbo and such.

Harry Hartley
Harry Hartley
Harry & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Wow! What a wonderful reponse to my plea! I've thought all day of the name of that BIG THING I asked for...and it is an electric roaster.

I appreciate all the offers and I'll ask that the Hartleys bring their electric roaster to the luncheon since ya'll keep it in your rig.

We can plug it in right at the table and allow the chili to heat up without having to transfer hot pots from the kitchen to the table. That could be disasterous with 5 gallons of chili!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all that responded - it's so nice to know when there's a need, that bunches of Boomers rise to meet it!

Sandy
Old 05-22-2007, 04:40 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy it will be there.

Harry
Harry & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:13 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
I am hungry already!!! Cannot wait to try the Mexican Hay Stacks finally! We have never attended a Rally yet with the Hay Stacks and are excited to finally try it out! If you need anything else Sandy, let us know.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Jodi -

Believe me (and everyone else who has had the experience), it is wonderful!

Here's the ingredients: you layer on a plate with any/all the items below...even the last 3 wierd ones!

rice
fritoes
chili
lettuce
tomatoes
onions
shredded cheese
black olives
green olives

here's the interesting part....

coconut
pecans
and top with salsa!!

Of course, if anyone has an aversion to a particular thing, they don't have to put it on the salad.

The first time I experienced it at a family reunion years ago, I thought...oh my gosh coconut and pecans on a salad? But trust me...it's adds to the entire effect/taste of the salad. It's filling and you'll go back for more (if there's any left!!)

PLUS! I'm including in the price of the luncheon my infamous DIRT DESSERT! That's a unique experience too!

See everyone Friday!
Sandy