Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Boomer friends one and all -

I'm sure you've seen that I haven't been active on the boards at all this year, until today. New Year's Day brought me a surprise that I'm still trying to recover from!

Rusty and I had a wonderful time between Christmas and New Year's with my family in New Braunfels. We headed back home on the 31st and I was looking forward to putting decorations up and getting back into the "swing of things".

New Year's morning I awoke with what I thought was the flu. I called in for meds and was put on 1700 mg of antibiotics A DAY which surely one would think anything bad would have been killed off! Ha! It was killing me! I have never been so weak in my life that I needed help to get up and move!

I began to have an allergic reaction that the meds ( which is another entire sets of things now to treat), but the first nine days of January have been miserable to say the very least. I've only had the strength to try to get online to check emails only twice in those nine days. You know I'm sick when I can't get on irv2.com!!!

Day 10 was spent in the doctor's office and the news wasn't good. I have a severe case of bronchitis and I'm now on another set of very expensive meds to try to calm that down, but also my lungs are only working at about 1/8 capacity. We're working hard with breathing treatments and more meds to keep me from pneumonia...and out of the hospital.

It's going to be a long recouperation from this one and somehow I have to TRY to get lots of rest and learn to let the house,the other pressures/committments and everything else I'm involved with take a 2nd priority right now.

I thank you for all your calls and emails, for your friendship and support and you'll be seeing more of me back online as I continue to recouperate and recover!

luv
Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Boomer friends one and all -

I'm sure you've seen that I haven't been active on the boards at all this year, until today. New Year's Day brought me a surprise that I'm still trying to recover from!

Rusty and I had a wonderful time between Christmas and New Year's with my family in New Braunfels. We headed back home on the 31st and I was looking forward to putting decorations up and getting back into the "swing of things".

New Year's morning I awoke with what I thought was the flu. I called in for meds and was put on 1700 mg of antibiotics A DAY which surely one would think anything bad would have been killed off! Ha! It was killing me! I have never been so weak in my life that I needed help to get up and move!

I began to have an allergic reaction that the meds ( which is another entire sets of things now to treat), but the first nine days of January have been miserable to say the very least. I've only had the strength to try to get online to check emails only twice in those nine days. You know I'm sick when I can't get on irv2.com!!!

Day 10 was spent in the doctor's office and the news wasn't good. I have a severe case of bronchitis and I'm now on another set of very expensive meds to try to calm that down, but also my lungs are only working at about 1/8 capacity. We're working hard with breathing treatments and more meds to keep me from pneumonia...and out of the hospital.

It's going to be a long recouperation from this one and somehow I have to TRY to get lots of rest and learn to let the house,the other pressures/committments and everything else I'm involved with take a 2nd priority right now.

I thank you for all your calls and emails, for your friendship and support and you'll be seeing more of me back online as I continue to recouperate and recover!

luv
Sandy
Old 01-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, you and Rysty need to get to feeling better. Being sick is not fun...

Ken and Susan
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hope ya'll are feeling better soon.

Steve & Pat Wilson

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Oh my gosh, Sandy....I just assumed that your family was on some wonderful cruise halfway around the world or something. We will include you on our prayer list for speedy healing...
and for Rusty to stay healthy so he can take care of you! Is there anything we can do? Really, please let us know. You've got a lot of Boomer "family" who would do anything for their Madame. Cause we know you would be there for us!

Love ya,
'marypal'
Mary and Richard Palmer
San Antonio
marypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #6
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Sandy; hope you get better soon. We will be down with Don the 14th to get our new toy hauler and heading to Houston the 17 th. We want to do Galveston Island and Johnson Space Flight Center. Not sure where we are staying yet I will post a question here next. Take care hope to talk to you soon.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #7

SANDY: Sure sounds like your new years hasn't been all that happy for you, YET. Are you sure you didn't have a case of the PINK bird flu??

Seriously, please get well soon. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Dear Boomer friends -
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I love ya'll too!!!!

Kablewizard -
If you are anywhere in this area, buddy, we sure hope you'll give us a call and maybe we can meet somewhere for supper at the very least!
I'll get RustyJC to email you privately with our contact numbers. It's a rare occasion when someone from Arizona is in this area- you just have to be welcomed by this big group of Texas Boomers!

EdGray -
Bless your sweet heart! I do have PINK BIRD FLU! It started at our Christmas Rally (I'm sure you've seen the photos of my quarantined flock) and I just took it to heart and came down with it! Trust me...I love my birds, but they can sure give you a bad case of the pink flu if you let 'em!

Sandy
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy, Donna thought you really didn't want to have her Cincinnati Chili (Skyline), glad to hear that wasn't the problem.
WE hope you get well soon and we will keep ypu in our prayers.
Ted and Donna
skeetshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
You bet we will. See you soon.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:59 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Ted and Donna -

Ha! I would have given anything to be able to eat some of her famous (or infamous) Skyline Chili! It's a treat and I know everyone enjoyed it!

I'm GETTING BETTER every day! Gaining more strength. You know you can't keep an ole work horse down for long! I'll be back to my usual antics before you know it!!!!

LOVE TO ALL
Sandy
Old 01-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #12
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
We sensed something was terribly wrong not hearing from the Madame in so long. Glad to now hear you are getting stronger each day.

Pat and I really enjoyed as much of the Seattle Rain Festival as we could stand (rained on us everyday) and headed for Texas on Mon the 9th. We are now in Benson, AZ and since we had not seen the sun in several days decided to stop and do a little touristing.

Went to Tombstone and Sierra Vista today and just relaxed. Cricket was glad for the break as well and we left her in the trailer just to sleep.

Gonna hit he road again tomorrow and plan to over night in Balmorea, TX and should be home sometime on Sunday.

You and Rusty take care and GET WELL !

The Pink Bird Flu strain is the worst according to the Center for Disease Control
Old 01-16-2006, 02:43 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Don and Pat -

Glad to hear ya'll are headed HOME! I know you had a great time and it was good to "get outa Dodge" for awhile, but there just ain't no place like HOME!

I have survived the pink bird flu and seem to be well on my way to living again! It was bad and I'm glad now to be on this side of it!!!!

Sandy

PS: The Center for Disease Control did contact me and they want to do a study on the effects of pink dander in the upper respiratory system. Apparently my flock being stored in the basement of the rig isn't as "sanitary" as I had thought. They get highly aggitated when locked in a crate in a in such an enclosed environment for long periods of time. They literally "get their dander up" and when loosed from their protective crates, they release their pent-up dander that floats through the air and can be sucked in my unaware owners! Once the dander is inside the bronchial system, it's hard to deal with - 1700 mg of antibiotics a day didn't do the trick..... but a new medication ($12 pills) seemed to do the trick.

I've learned one thing through this ordeal....those &^%^&* pink birds are expensive!!!!

Sandy
Old 01-16-2006, 02:46 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've learned one thing through this ordeal....those &^%^&* pink birds are expensive!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be willing to bet I could find a way to make them taste mighty good.