Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Hello all, we had a great time in Beaumont this weekend!

We are going back to Rayford Crossing on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of September. With gasoline and diesel prices the way they are, this is a great place to go for all.

This time, we are going to do the meals a little different. For Saturday morning breakfast, we can do donuts and pastries in the park or just go out to eat somewhere. We made plans to have a cookout on Saturday night, which Bob Wurch has volunteered to be the chef for. We can all just pitch in to help him defray his costs for the brisket, potato salad, beans etc.

Preliminary sign ups are:

1. Coffman 23-25
2. Rigsby 23-25
3. LaPoint 23-25
4. Rogers 23-25
5. Robinson 23-25
6. Wurch 23-25
7. Wilson 23-25
8. Mensch 23-25
9. Hartley 23-25
10. ??

This will be a fun weekend, so come on down....

The October gathering will be on the weekend of Oct. 21-23rd at an undetermined location, so far. We are checking out the All Star RV Resort in Houston and the Houston Leisure Resort. Anyone with feedback on either of these parks?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Hello all, we had a great time in Beaumont this weekend!

We are going back to Rayford Crossing on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of September. With gasoline and diesel prices the way they are, this is a great place to go for all.

This time, we are going to do the meals a little different. For Saturday morning breakfast, we can do donuts and pastries in the park or just go out to eat somewhere. We made plans to have a cookout on Saturday night, which Bob Wurch has volunteered to be the chef for. We can all just pitch in to help him defray his costs for the brisket, potato salad, beans etc.

Preliminary sign ups are:

1. Coffman 23-25
2. Rigsby 23-25
3. LaPoint 23-25
4. Rogers 23-25
5. Robinson 23-25
6. Wurch 23-25
7. Wilson 23-25
8. Mensch 23-25
9. Hartley 23-25
10. ??

This will be a fun weekend, so come on down....

The October gathering will be on the weekend of Oct. 21-23rd at an undetermined location, so far. We are checking out the All Star RV Resort in Houston and the Houston Leisure Resort. Anyone with feedback on either of these parks?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:08 AM   #3

Jay
Sign me up

Freightliner Custom Chassis
Bob & Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:45 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Bob and Darlene, you got it! I don't know how I left you off the original list since you're the official cooker.

And as an added bonus, this is my 200th post. I think that means something. Maybe I don't have to pay any more, or at least get a discount on posting here.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dang!!! Bob gonna BBQ and I am working that weekend in Sept. Guess I will have to try for a few days of vacation. Dont count me out yet. We will try and make this one for sure.

Steve & Pat Wilson

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:37 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Steve, don't ya just hate it when work interferes with camping? We've still got plenty of time, so come on if you can.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Yesterday I went to the Lakeview RV Resort on South Main. It is a very nice park, reminding me of Rayford Crossing in some ways. The office and recreation area face a nice lake. There is not a rally hall, but I figure we could all get together in the rec hall.

The park's website is Lakeview RV Resort

I think this would be a nice place to visit in October. It is not hard to get to, at the intersection of Hwy. 90-A and Hiram Clark. If you take Beltway 8, exit at So. Post Oak and go north to Hwy. 90-A, turn right and go about half a mile to Hiram Clark and turn right. The park is on the left.

Let me know what you think?
Old 08-21-2005, 05:23 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Yesterday I took Stella to see the Lakeview RV Park. There was lots of road construction on Hwy. 90, making it dificult to get to the park. We met with the manager and his wife, who let us look around the park. It's kind of pricey and because of the problems with getting to the park, I think we'll pass on this park at this time.

This means that we're still looking for a park for the October gathering. Anyone with a suggestion?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Jay.

Have you checked out that Bass and Bay RV park there in San Leon.. They have a web site and all, not sure I think Harry has checked it out so you may check with him on that. I still plan on being there in Sept. just not 100% sure yet.

06 HR PDQ 40'
Old 08-22-2005, 03:30 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Okay Steve, I'll check on the park, and glad to hear that you may be able to make the Sept. gathering.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Jay, I rode by there earlier today, probably not what we are looking for, sorta small and all but check it out if ya wish. I just saw the billboards the other day on 146 in LaPorte and checked the web site and its a little different that what I was thinking.

steve

06 HR PDQ 40'
Old 08-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Steve,
Thanks for checking on it. I wrote the telephone number down and planned to call them this afternoon. I had thoughts of another weekend without cooking and another trip back to the Kemah boardwalk. The weather should be better in October for being outside.

I just read in the newspaper today that the Highland Bayou RV park on I-45 has just opened. They don't have a website yet, so I may try to call them or go down there to check on it.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Highland RV Park? is that the new one near LaMarque off the freeway? if it is I may check it out in the next day or so I am right there at it.

06 HR PDQ 40'
Old 08-23-2005, 03:37 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
I called the Bass and Bay park yesterday. The lady said they have 47 sites, some pull thru and some back in's. She said that there is no rally hall, but they have a screened-in room that can be used by groups. I plan to go by there today and check it out for myself.

Steve, if you want to go by the new park in LaMarque, check it out for us and let us know what you think.

Any one else with an idea where to go in October?