Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Special Easter Rally Update For Madame Boomer

When the convoy pulled out of the park this morning heading home ahead of some bradcast foul weather, it left a few of us that stayed behind to finish the Rally standing around in the street wondering what we would have for a pot luck supper tonight.

I want to tell you Madame Boomer it turned out to be pretty slim pickings indeed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
LOL
Don.. you are so funny!

I am sorry we had to bail on you, but I didn't want to drive home tomorrow in the middle of bad weather. We arrived home safe and sound about 6:30 tonight.

If all you had was SPAM, I am glad I left! HAHA

Hurricane Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #3

Uh-oh....................

We all KNOW how much Sandy LOVES the special delicacy SPAM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm was in Langtry headed for Buckhorn when I started getting messages that all the "fun" people were pulling out and then what really changed my mind was when I realized it would leave Don with so few rigs to hit on his way out...weathered quite a storm here last night. If any of you are parked close to Don...start digging for the duct tape. Happy Easter

Just joking Don...of course.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
OMG Don! That's a sad spread for an Easter Rally Supper! I'm sure ya'll had a time splitting one puny can of Spam amongst the group last night.

We sure hated to leave so early (this was the FIRST time ever) but did not want to get caught in the impending storm brewing. I'm hoping that it passed ya'll by without any of the torrential rains, high winds and hail that was being reported!

I get so frustrated with weather reporters as they tend to over-dramatize their reports, but on the other hand we've seen people not listen and respond appropriately and end up in a mess. I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry!

I'm glad we got to see everyone - even if only for a short while and hope ya'll made it to your next destination safely!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, if I would have know y'all were having Spam, I might have stayed. I know Rusty would have.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well Madame We all still here at Buckhorn want to wish you and everyone else a Very Happy Easter:

Here is a picture this morning of a bunch of emty sites at Buckhorn. Oh please note the beautiful morning too.

The less than a half inch of rain we got last nite didn't damage any of our rigs that we know of.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm at Buckhorn now and not a pink bird in site. Stopped on the way through to get the rig washed after a dusty trip in Big Bend and other west Texas sites.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

Gee Jim, suggest you look around site 6058 on the corner, 3 class A's--- lots of birds. Wife is down to only 4 out now.

Best,

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Around noon today, the sky turned black as night and it thundered and poured for about a 1/2 hour - now at 3pm the sky is bright and the weather is absolutely beautiful!

I HATE WEATHERMEN!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
I HATE WEATHERMEN!

Sandy

Need to change their name to Weather GUESSER.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I agree with you Ken! :P

Hurricane Carla is offline   Reply With Quote