Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:47 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma Boomers -

I received an email from Vernon and Billie Johns (one of our newcomers to the Texas Boomers from the Palacios rally)telling me that their RV had been stolen!

Be on the lookout for a 2004 24 ft White Coachman Spirit of America Travel Trailer while your on the road!

I've asked Billie for the license plate number, however there's no guarantee that whoever took it won't put other plates on it!

If you see one, don't hesitate to call the police! I'd rather someone be stopped on the road to verify ownership than to have the Johns stolen RV go on down the road unchecked!

Whoever took it doesn't realize the vast reach our Boomers have! Hope to have it recovered (in good condition) ASAP!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2005, 05:47 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma Boomers -

I received an email from Vernon and Billie Johns (one of our newcomers to the Texas Boomers from the Palacios rally)telling me that their RV had been stolen!

Be on the lookout for a 2004 24 ft White Coachman Spirit of America Travel Trailer while your on the road!

I've asked Billie for the license plate number, however there's no guarantee that whoever took it won't put other plates on it!

If you see one, don't hesitate to call the police! I'd rather someone be stopped on the road to verify ownership than to have the Johns stolen RV go on down the road unchecked!

Whoever took it doesn't realize the vast reach our Boomers have! Hope to have it recovered (in good condition) ASAP!

Sandy
Old 06-12-2005, 06:20 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, as a bit more info, what was the dealers name that was on the trailer? We'll be on the watch out. If we catch them in Oklahoma, are they fair game for a good old scalp raising?

They hang ruslers in Texas , we just make sure they have a lot less hair.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:20 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Ken -
I've got an email in to Vern and Billie requesting license plate, dealer name, vin number and any identifying marks on the tt ....anything that would help us find the trailer and the pole-cat that took it.

If and when found, the TT will be returned to Vern and Billie BUT I can't make any promises about what I'd do to that pole-cat if I were the lucky one to catch him!

Sandy
Old 06-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, I can think of a lot of things to call them, but none are as nice as a Pole-cat. Why degrade a pole-cat in such a manner.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 06-15-2005, 05:01 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Ken -

You have to remember that we're under a "no vulgar language" policy here on irv2.com (it IS a family oriented website, you know) so POLE CAT was the only term I could come up with that would be allowed on the website! You know me...I could call them much worse!

Vernon and Billie suspect the TT is somewhere on a deer lease in Texas - well hidden from the road. Lord only knows where it's at, but their hearts are broken that it's gone.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that the insurance company will not hassle with them over it, but give them what they've paid for ...a replacement RV so they can come to the 5th Anniversary Celebration Rally in Burleson.

Sandy
Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 AM   #7

SO, did they not come up with any additional info to help us identify the rig, should we see one going down the road?? ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:54 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
The dealer name on the John's stolen RV is

HOWARDS RV in St. Louis, Missouri

Vin # to be sent in soon! This may be the only way to identify the rv if found somewhere. You can bet the tags have already been changed!

Sandy
Old 06-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You can bet by now, that trailer is safely tucked away on a deer lease in south Texas if it is not across the border.

Ken
Old 07-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
At the very least the punishment should be life in prison on SPAM and water

2006 Montana 3400RL Quad Slide full timing July 06 <a href="https://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Waco.html">
Cummins Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:32 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cummins Hot Rod:
At the very least the punishment should be life in prison on SPAM and water </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPAM is TOO good for them!