Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #1

Some Cajun dude is fixin to INVADE TX.

February 23rd I am picking up a truck in Waco.

Gonna drive the VUE over, pick up the truck and tow the VUE back behind it home.

It will be a quick trip in and out so I am NOT gonna stop and get "Dipped" or anything when I cross the border between LA and TX.

So "Catch me if you can".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #2

Some Cajun dude is fixin to INVADE TX.

February 23rd I am picking up a truck in Waco.

Gonna drive the VUE over, pick up the truck and tow the VUE back behind it home.

It will be a quick trip in and out so I am NOT gonna stop and get "Dipped" or anything when I cross the border between LA and TX.

So "Catch me if you can".
Old 02-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #3
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Dang Don I thought all kinds of Texas Boomers would jump all over this one but they are all all ho hummmmming it.

I guees they don't realize it is one of the highpoints in a cajuns life when they can escape the bonds of Looseeanna and sneak across the border to GODS land.

Have a safe trip and hope you are able to slip back across the border without the PATROL picking ya up for all those strange substances hidden in the wheelwells of that truck.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I guess you caught me sleeping! W5IT, I thought you had a valid Texas Drivers License! You're over here enough! Any chance you'll be headin' through Houston? If so give us a yell and we'll try to meet you for supper....unless you're coming through under cover of darkness

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #5

Yes Don I'll have to keep my eyes out for those "Mean old COPS". About the only stange substance that will be on board will be in the ice chest. Bellue's chicken sausage. I promised Marc (MRBV10) I would drop some off to him when I sail through.

Sandy I will be passin close to Houston twice. (On the way to and again from Waco) I plan to by-pass the Houston traffic though by hittin HWY 105 in BMT to Conroe. I have been through too many times not to know that route. It may actually take a little longer due to lower speed limits, but a lot less traffic.

I will be on a "Short leash" on the way to Waco. Need to be there Friday during business hours so we can do the paperwork. I am shooting for before noon. On the way back I will not be on a tight schedule.

Hope to get to Marc and Marsha's place Thursday night. Then I will have a fairly short drive Friday morning. (3 to 4 hours I think from the Woodlands to Waco) I HOPE to be on the west side of the Mississippi River on I-10 about 2 pm. That should put me in the Woodlands around 8pm.

After I give the truck the "Once over" and we do the paperwork I will head back home. I am not sure what time that will be completed Friday. Then head back towards Cajun Country. I plan a stop in Nederland to make a short visit there too.

But rest assured I will give you and Rusty a ring when I get close. If we can get together for a bit to visit great. Will have to play it by ear. I "Patrol" Sunday night so the time I get home Saturday really does not matter.

The reason for the trip is to get another "SHop Truck" to replace the one that got totalled. I am going to pick up another F-250 Powerstroke. (99 model)

David was pulling a 18ft flat bed equipment trailer back from Donaldsonville, LA a while back. A guy pulling another eqipment trailer with a Bobcat on it ran the red light in front of him. David said he does not think he actually hit the brakes before the impact. David said the best he can remember he was driving around 50 mph at the time.

In the pictures you will see that the frame actually bent "Up" in the middle and twisted to the drivers side. The truck bed did not hit the cab.

David WALKED away from this with no visable injury. But man alive he was "Stove up" for a while due to pulled or strained muscles and such.

Here are the links to the pictures. I did not re-size them so folks could see the deatils. So if your picture viewer does not automatically re-size them it may be a little tough to see everything.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Picture 10

Picture 11

Picture 12

Picture 13

Picture 14

Picture 15

Picture 16

Picture 17

Picture 18

Picture 19

Picture 20

Picture 21

Picture 22

Picture 23

Picture 24
Old 02-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dang Don, that was sure a waste of a good truck.

Ken
Old 02-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #7

Yes Ken it was....

It was a 96 PSD with 246,000 miles on it. We bought it from A older gentleman from near Alexandrea, LA that had bought new. I made several trips with it. A LOT of trips to and from the MS coast when re-doing the house in Pass CHristian.

Empty on the highway it gave me consistantly 21 to 23 MPG. Drove like a dream. We had just put new shoes on it a couple months before it was wrecked.

Oh well, that is how the cookie crumbled..... Just gotta roll with the punches.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:48 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Wow Don - that's some roll of photos! Glad to hear David came out of THAT with only being stove up for awhile. Coulda been much worse!

Give us a yell if you can - if not, we'll catch you the next time you sneak across the border!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote