Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #1

Hey, Florida Boomers and other lurkers...
RV Today showed the Bay Bayou RV part in Tampa on their show last weekend and it looked nice. I sent them an email and they are willing to work with us to set up a rally during the off season.

We're willing to wagonmaster but hope to be on the road all summer, so perhaps a late September, early October non-Bucs-game weekend would work.

Take a look at their website: Bay Bayou RVand let us know what you think about us checking them out and talking with them further.

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #2

Hey, Florida Boomers and other lurkers...
RV Today showed the Bay Bayou RV part in Tampa on their show last weekend and it looked nice. I sent them an email and they are willing to work with us to set up a rally during the off season.

We're willing to wagonmaster but hope to be on the road all summer, so perhaps a late September, early October non-Bucs-game weekend would work.

Take a look at their website: Bay Bayou RVand let us know what you think about us checking them out and talking with them further.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #3

Looks good to us.
Mid October is Mountain time for some of us, so late Sept might be good.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #4

Mary and Larry,

I've been looking for an excuse to work something into the conversation, and you provided the perfect one.

Ahem...our son, David (proud parent talking) is graduating from the Coast Guards' Boot camp up in New Jersey next week, and will be stationed in the Tampa area. So any excuse to go over there to visit him is a great idea with us, socount us in!

Okay, proud-parent-speak is over. Thanks for letting me sneak that in. Looks like a very nice park. The last time we went over that direction, was the rally with only two rigs, at the Cirque du Soleil, with Robin and Lou, and my ever-lovin' and myself. As I recalled, it rained most of the weekend, but we had a great time.

September works for us.

Verne and Linda

Verne and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:16 AM   #5

Wow, Mary! Beautiful campground. Only one teensy weensy problem. Their "one pet per rig" rule. Those of us with 2 "children" (5 come to mind) wouldn't be able to attend, unless we walked them one at a time, or stowed the overflow with Islander. We all know how much he loves dogs!

Cheri
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:20 AM   #6

It is a beautiful park. cheri your pets could be twins they wouldn't know which was which and robin, let me think about that. whatever you'll decide is good with us our pet is always inside and never makes any noise.
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:20 AM   #7

Mary,
Looks great. One problem for us no dogs over 30 pounds. It sure looks like a beautiful park.

Dee
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:27 AM   #8

Mary,
Park sounds good. You may see if they will wave the "1 pet" rule & the "no pet over 30 lbs" for the rally.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #9

Carolyn:

You are absolutely correct! They do look like twins. I'll let Lola James stay with Jim, and we can walk the Girls together.

Can't wait to see you guys. Not much longer now.

Love,
Cheri
Old 03-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #10

No problem even with the Zoo RMM carries in their RV. I can handle feathers or hair I'm sure they will fit in my zip-lock bags or I can shrink wrap them after three days in storage we can use my shovel or my taxidermist.We really like the work he did on our flea catcher,he just lays around doesn't bark,eat or you know what.When I get upset with Vectrola I just kick him or use him for a pillow. Mans best friend.
So if anyone needs help just sing out.
The only rule I would have a problem with is # 9 quite hours 9 to 9 they must be like the rest of you guys OLD and RETIRED and nothing to do.I e-mailed them to inform them about O-DARK-THIRTY.I'm sure I will get e-mail back thanking me.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cookestwo:
Wow, Mary! Beautiful campground. Only one teensy weensy problem. Their "one pet per rig" rule. Those of us with 2 "children" (5 come to mind) wouldn't be able to attend, unless we walked them one at a time, or stowed the overflow with Islander. We all know how much he loves dogs!

Cheri
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #11

Well seems this pet thing could be a problem.

I know for sure that Vectrola's pet is WAY over the weight limit, but the good thing is as long as she keeps his hair trimmed tight he doesn't shed too much. She could leave him home for the weekend, but who would drive the Vectra??

I am betting that in the OFF season in September they would be willing to make an exception for our wonderful group. Odds are at that time of year, with no football game in town, they probably wouldn't even mind if Islander spent the whole weekend.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #12

Thanks to all the owners of multiple and overweight pets for catching the pet rules. I hadn't noticed them. I will go look over the park and talk with them to see if they are flexible enough to make it work. I'll try to have more information by the time we get to Manatee Hammock next Wednesday.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #13

Mary has resolved the pet issues, and I didn't ask her but I think Vectrola will even be able to bring Islander !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote we make this a go for the September Rally. LOU MEANT TO SAY OCTOBER WHICH IS WHAT MARY DISCUSSED!!!

Mary it is in your capable hands.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #14

<span class="ev_code_RED">OK Now I'm confused. You want to make it a SEPTEMBER Rally, but Lou mean to say OCTOBER.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">So, which is it?</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">I have a reason for asking. Depending on what month you choose, Ron and I may be able to Wagonmaster a rally at Recreation Plantation, so the gals can go shopping at all the new stores coming to and around The Villages.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">I haven't checked with Rec Plantation yet, about a Rally availability. As soon as you know which month is designated for the Tampa rally, I'll check further.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Bye!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Cheri</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RMM:
Mary has resolved the pet issues, and I didn't ask her but I think Vectrola will even be able to bring Islander !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote we make this a go for the September Rally. LOU MEANT TO SAY OCTOBER WHICH IS WHAT MARY DISCUSSED!!!

Mary it is in your capable hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>