Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #1

Looking for Jan thru March RV site with hookups in Volusia County Fl

Hi,
We are looking for a site for an RV rental (preferably not in an Rv park, although would consider if it was not on top of each other and had some some extra spacing between other sites) for at least the month of January 2022, and possibly thru March or April.
We are looking for a quiet, private spot, with full hookups/or at least the ability to dump the wastewater tanks when full; and electric in case we need AC; as well as a potable water source. (We have some onboard electric ability, but probably not enough to run the AC if its hot all day and evening.)
We are open to a rural location or at a farm, preferably something in or near Volusia County in FL, or surrounding counties - but we would consider other areas as well!
It also needs to be a non-smoking property due to asthma issues triggered by cigarette smoke and such. We our 55+ family and we do not drink, smoke or party. We are quiet & respectful and follow a ’leave no trace’ philosophy.
We also have smallish dog 28# (and maybe a cat if we can get her microchipped and comfortable with the RV, otherwise she will be staying with family.)
We also are vax’d for Covid and can provide proof.
Any leads would be appreciated! 🤗☮️☮💟🍀🌻🌞
Thanks in advance! Have a wonderful day!
Miah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #2

Your best bet is to begin using search engines with the criteria you specify; OR contact realtors in that county.
At this very late date it's unlikely a local realtor can find what you seek.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #3

I live in Volusia County on the west side by Blue Springs State Park. I don't fully understand what it is you are looking for...
Sixpack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:56 AM   #4

OP, are you looking for a spot to park YOUR RV or a spot with a rental RV on it?
Either way it's very late to be looking.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack1 View Post
I live in Volusia County on the west side by Blue Springs State Park. I don't fully understand what it is you are looking for...
I was hoping somebody would know of a private lot to park an Rv that had hookups (but apparently not allowed by most local zoning…. Which seems odd since it’s a top snowbird destination….)

* I did not want to be packed into a campground like a sardine…

I guess we will most likely have to be happy living like a sardine, unless I can talk my elderly parents into going west to Texas and such instead. Texas is a much larger state and seems less restricted and RV friendly, imho….
Old 01-14-2022, 07:05 AM   #6
Travel Nurse Chauffeur

Monaco Owners Club
Have you ever found a lot like you seek anywhere?
vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
OP, are you looking for a spot to park YOUR RV or a spot with a rental RV on it?
Either way it's very late to be looking.
Well sort of both…but really either…

Traveling in a truck camper with my elderly parents… we’re looking for a spot to RV that wasn’t in a campground packed in like sardines or like a parking lot… and if there was also a mobile home or another RV on site for them to stay in, that would be even better.

Also, I couldn’t really book early as my elderly parents were dealing with medical stuff and had lots of appointments and wasn’t sure they’d be up to traveling…but they are healthwise more stable now and really want to get out of the cold weather…so looking to go someplace for Feb and March. They had snowbirded in PO, Volusia county and hoped to return, but apparently not realistic at this late point….
Old 01-14-2022, 07:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyndance View Post
Have you ever found a lot like you seek anywhere?
Nope
Old 01-14-2022, 07:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Your best bet is to begin using search engines with the criteria you specify; OR contact realtors in that county.
At this very late date it's unlikely a local realtor can find what you seek.
Ok, I didn’t realize realtors would be into helping find us a spot, but maybe the most productive option at this late point.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:53 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Try this site WWW.hicamp.com Private property sites people rent out. Some with FHU and some with nothing but a spot to camp.
doublehooked is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hookups