Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #1

WELL I DECIDED THAT WE NEED TO HAVE A TOPIC FOR THE "RACE FOR THE DIESELS" HERE IN FLORIDA.

NOW YOU COULD SAY THAT JAN & BILL ALREADY WON THE "RACE FOR THE DIESELS", BUT BILL FORGOT TO TELL ANYONE THERE WAS A "RACE", INCLUDING JAN UNTIL HE AND JENNIFER MADE THIS deal ON THAT WINNEBAGO !! SO WE CAN'T COUNT THEM IN THE RACE

SO NOW WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO ENTRIES IN THE OFFICIAL "RACE FOR THE DIESELS" AND WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE PROGRESS RIGHT HERE ON GOOD OLD IRV2.COM, FLORIDA BOOMERS PAGE.

BACKGROUND: THE OFFICIAL RACE BEGAN WHEN AUDI MENTIONED AS WE WERE DEPARTING SEASONS IN THE SUN CHRISTMAS RALLY "DEREK DO YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE THE OLDEST RIG IN THE GROUP." WHEN I REALIZED SHE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT DEREK AND WAS TALKING ABOUT THE FIFTH WHEEL I MENTIONED HOW NICE THE RIG WAS THAT BILL AND JAN HAD PURCHASED THE PRIOR DAY AT SUNCOAST RV IN COCOA.
THE FIRST ENTRY WAS OFFICIAL LAUNCHED AT THAT MOMENT.

THEN AT THE NEW YEARS EVE RALLY VERNE AND LINDA SHOWED UP AND SAW THAT THE "GROUP" HAD ADDED ANOTHER DIESEL WITH JAN & BILL'S NEW RIG. I LET VERNE SNIFF THE DIESEL FUMES FROM MY ULTIMATE FREEDOM, AND HE WAS HOOKED. WE NOW HAD OUR SECOND ENTRY INTO THE RACE FOR THE DIESELS.

LAP #1: VERNE IS STILL BEGGING LINDA TO JUST "THINK" ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY. BUT TALKS HER INTO COMING TO THE SUPER SHOW...GOOD MOVE VERNE !!!!!
AUDI GETS DEREK TO VISIT SUNCOAST RV IN COCOA ON THEIR WAY BACK FROM A HAULING JOB TO DAYTONA.
TEMPTING AUDI IS A GULFSTREAM TOURMASTER....IT EVEN HAS MIRRORS ON THE CEILING.......DEREK SAYS HE DOESN'T LIKE THE CABINETS, BUT AN OBSERVER NOTES HE KEEPS LOOKING AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRRORS IN THE CEILING???? LATER I REALIZED HE WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO THAT WAS UP THERE !!!!!! **** STROKE. AFTER SOME CONSIDERATION THEY LEFT EMPTY HANDED, BUT THERE IS MORE ON THE HORIZON.

LAP#2 WILL BE TAKING PLACE NEXT WEEK, WATCH FOR THE UPDATES. YES VERNE, I SAID MIRRORS ON THE CEILINGS !!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #2

WELL I DECIDED THAT WE NEED TO HAVE A TOPIC FOR THE "RACE FOR THE DIESELS" HERE IN FLORIDA.

NOW YOU COULD SAY THAT JAN & BILL ALREADY WON THE "RACE FOR THE DIESELS", BUT BILL FORGOT TO TELL ANYONE THERE WAS A "RACE", INCLUDING JAN UNTIL HE AND JENNIFER MADE THIS deal ON THAT WINNEBAGO !! SO WE CAN'T COUNT THEM IN THE RACE

SO NOW WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO ENTRIES IN THE OFFICIAL "RACE FOR THE DIESELS" AND WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE PROGRESS RIGHT HERE ON GOOD OLD IRV2.COM, FLORIDA BOOMERS PAGE.

BACKGROUND: THE OFFICIAL RACE BEGAN WHEN AUDI MENTIONED AS WE WERE DEPARTING SEASONS IN THE SUN CHRISTMAS RALLY "DEREK DO YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE THE OLDEST RIG IN THE GROUP." WHEN I REALIZED SHE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT DEREK AND WAS TALKING ABOUT THE FIFTH WHEEL I MENTIONED HOW NICE THE RIG WAS THAT BILL AND JAN HAD PURCHASED THE PRIOR DAY AT SUNCOAST RV IN COCOA.
THE FIRST ENTRY WAS OFFICIAL LAUNCHED AT THAT MOMENT.

THEN AT THE NEW YEARS EVE RALLY VERNE AND LINDA SHOWED UP AND SAW THAT THE "GROUP" HAD ADDED ANOTHER DIESEL WITH JAN & BILL'S NEW RIG. I LET VERNE SNIFF THE DIESEL FUMES FROM MY ULTIMATE FREEDOM, AND HE WAS HOOKED. WE NOW HAD OUR SECOND ENTRY INTO THE RACE FOR THE DIESELS.

LAP #1: VERNE IS STILL BEGGING LINDA TO JUST "THINK" ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY. BUT TALKS HER INTO COMING TO THE SUPER SHOW...GOOD MOVE VERNE !!!!!
AUDI GETS DEREK TO VISIT SUNCOAST RV IN COCOA ON THEIR WAY BACK FROM A HAULING JOB TO DAYTONA.
TEMPTING AUDI IS A GULFSTREAM TOURMASTER....IT EVEN HAS MIRRORS ON THE CEILING.......DEREK SAYS HE DOESN'T LIKE THE CABINETS, BUT AN OBSERVER NOTES HE KEEPS LOOKING AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRRORS IN THE CEILING???? LATER I REALIZED HE WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO THAT WAS UP THERE !!!!!! **** STROKE. AFTER SOME CONSIDERATION THEY LEFT EMPTY HANDED, BUT THERE IS MORE ON THE HORIZON.

LAP#2 WILL BE TAKING PLACE NEXT WEEK, WATCH FOR THE UPDATES. YES VERNE, I SAID MIRRORS ON THE CEILINGS !!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #3

Thank goodness we are not in that race -- talk about getting under the wire just in the nick of time. Have fun you two -- and may the biggest checkbook win!!!
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #4

.....pant, pant, pant......

Verne and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:34 PM   #5

Lou this could turn out to be one of those books robins been talking about.
and as for those mirrors in the ceiling since you called my new car a P*** car could this be a P*** motorhome ?????? Inquiring minds want to know.

1-THE FACT THAT VERNE AND LINDA ARE GOING TO THE SHOW I WOULD SAY VERNE NOW HAS ABOUT A 65%.

2- AS FOR AUDI AND DEREK I THINK THEY 95% THERE THEY ARE JUST LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT RIDE.

SOUNDS AS IF YOU ALL WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE SHOW.
VECTROLA
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:18 AM   #6

Update:
Neither coach we looked at at Suncoast is what we are looking for ( one was closer than the other). We are going to Holiday next week to check out a 2000 Chieftain DP. I'm still not convinced that that is the way I want to go, but Audi is doing a great job presenting the other side that I do. So we will LOOK...
Derek
Old 01-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #7

COME ON GUYS AND GIRLS GET GOING THIS TOPIC NEEDS A LITTLE ACTION.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Buy a Workhorse R-Series Diesel Powered motorhome at the Tampa Supershow and you'll get a Blue Ox Alexus State-Of-The-Art Tow Bar <span class="ev_code_RED">FREE</span> of charge.

See the iRV2.com front page for more info!

If you want a ride and drive in a new Workhorse powered motorhome, you have a "friend" in the business, see me and I'll get you a front row center seat.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #9

Vectrola, you trying to start something here.

I figure that come Monday when Derek and Audi head to Holiday something will start to happen.

As far as Verne is concerned I think that will be a "group" effort at the Super Show.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #10

ME START SOMRTHING HUSH YA MOUTH. JIM HEARD A SONG FOR YOU AND GOOBER WANTS GOOBER TO FIND THE WORDS YOU MUST ASK HIM ABOUT IT WHEN YOU SEE HIM ?????? I THINK I HAVE FORGOT HOW TO CAMP ?????
WE TRIED TO DRIVE THRU MANATEE HAMMOCK TODAY BUT SO MANY RIGS TRYING TO GET IN AND THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY IN THAT WE COULD SEE. THE PARK LOOKS REAL NICE WE SHOULD HAVE A GREAT TIME AND EVEN BETTER TIME WHEN WE GO TO "THE AVENUES" SHOPPING
IF YOU EVER WATCHED THE FLINTSTONE REMEMBER WILMA AND BETTY WOULD SAY CHARGGGGGG IT, MY WORDS EXACTLY, BUT DON'T SAY ANYTHING TO JIM.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
This could be a very intresting topic! I may not be able to just watch this race . If I could find someone that would like to have our present coach (pictures and discriptions can be provided) I would like to give more serious thought to a newer model . The wife is not wanting to risk getting one that will give us a problem (this one has been sooo good to us).
I have even been in touch with some dealers that will be a the Super Show and are looking for the one I might like to have
Looking forward to the next lap!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:02 PM   #12

NOW this is getting interesting !!!!!
Do we have an entry from out WEST !!!!

WOW, what a field..we have a Gas to Diesel
and now a Diesel to Diesel, and of course our "trailer trash" to Diesel. Anyone out there with a pop-up thinking of jumping to a Diesel ?????

Mike, what do you have in mind??????
Old 01-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #13

Hey, we sort of did the poptop to diesel last April. Just had six years of 'boat' in between the two. Does that count in this race? Sure glad we listened to all of you 5vers who said you wanted Class A's or Larry would be wanting to trade the fiver we would have gotten otherwise.

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lou, I am wanting to get a unit that has the Spartan K2 under it with the 500 hp Cummins and plenty of carrying capacity. The unit we have now is fine for carrying capacity (5500#) but I would like more for the 8000# I have behind it. I want to find a good home for it rather than loose several thousand in a trade in.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote