Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #1

Hey Folks,
Especially: Vectrola, Jan, Robin, Janice.
I found a discussion here on iRV2 regarding a driving school, and it appears that one is located in Ocala until the end of April.

Check out the link and the postings in the iRV2 General Discussion forum.
http://www.rvschool.com/index.htm

Thanks to Gary for the link.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #2

Hey Folks,
Especially: Vectrola, Jan, Robin, Janice.
I found a discussion here on iRV2 regarding a driving school, and it appears that one is located in Ocala until the end of April.

Check out the link and the postings in the iRV2 General Discussion forum.
http://www.rvschool.com/index.htm

Thanks to Gary for the link.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #3

And the reason for the post is ...

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #4

Carol &/or Steve

Many of the Fl group come to this forum, and don't see other area of the site. As you probably know there is a huge amount of valuable information all over this site.

During our many get-togethers we have talked about some of the group either wanting or needing some formal training on driving their RV's. I would love for my wife to take a basic course.

That is the reason for the post. Perhaps interested members of the group could make a road trip of it and spend a few days in Ocala??
Old 01-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #5

No problem -I have been answering questions on several forums that insist that the State of Florida requires a special license for the operation of an RV. I'm tired of quoting the law, and tired of responding to those that know nothing of what they speak. Sorry for the inconvienience. I took your post as another of..
those ...
Steve

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #6

Larry and I took the Lazy Days driving class. It's free if you buy a rig there (which we didn't) and $25 if not. It was very helpful to us as we got started driving the Dutch Star and I was sure glad I had taken it when Larry's leg went numb in Live Oak and I had to drive the rig back to Lakeland.

I think this class is available all the time - you just call them and make a reservation.

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:31 AM   #7

Hey Steve,Ralphie here.Wanted to call & chat,however,don't find your number.
If you care to...call me on my cell,......... # 352-317-6735.Hope alls well with you and Carol.Haven't seen you guys in soooo long.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:27 AM   #8

lOU THIS IS A GREAT IDEA, IF HOWEVER I COULD EVER GET OVER TO CRAZY DAYS ON A FRIDAY I COULD TAKE THE COARSE FOR FREE. ARE THESE CLASSES ON THE WEEKEND?? AND I REALLY NEED TO GET UP OFF MY B*** AND DO THIS SO IF JIM ISN'T IN THE MOOD TO DRIVE TO A RALLY OR FEELS HE JUST HAS TOO MUCH TO DO I JUST TIE HIM UP THROW IN THE BACK AND TAKE OFF GOOD SUGGESTION ????
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:16 AM   #9

Carolyn,

I don't think they schedule regular classes on the weekend, but we called and inquired about them and the instructor said he was working the weekend and agreed to give us a private class. We did the inside class requirement in his office, then took our RV out to Rally Park and drove around the park, through all the campers and parked in an open site. We learned a lot and did not have to spend all day in the class.
Larry, NW4W is offline   Reply With Quote