Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Service in Tampa Bay area

What recommendations do any of you have to get service done. Wanting to do a couple small updates, but also want to know who has the most reasonable maintenance prices. We're in Pinellas, but don't mind Tampa or Bradenton, etc., if reputable and price is right. Thanks.

(If it matters, our coach is a Fleetwood)
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Check with the folks at Roberts RV Park on Gandy Blvd. and US19. They've been operating that park for years and should be able to name some reliable service places in the vicinity.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Suggest you contact Harberson RV in Clearwater. They have done good work for me and were reasonable cost. 17028 US Hwy 19 N. (727) 539-8714.
LongRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #4

Lazy days is one of the largest RV dealers in the states. I would check with them plus they are having there 40 anniversary so you might get a deal
Ed118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:54 AM   #5

I was wondering the same thing, looking for an oil change now in Pinellas/tampa.
OP- Did you end up choosing a place?

Anyone know of a dump station in St. Pete ? Do you have to pay for that ?
Old 12-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstick View Post
I was wondering the same thing, looking for an oil change now in Pinellas/tampa.
OP- Did you end up choosing a place?

Anyone know of a dump station in St. Pete ? Do you have to pay for that ?
We ended up using Harberson's. We're also in St. Pete, so we wanted something as local as possible. A friend had also recommended them. They bought their coach at Tampa RV. We bought ours at General RV. Our friend felt a little abandoned after the sale since they had several issues and they had their coach for about 4-5 months before getting it back. We also considered bringing ours to General and while their prices may have been about the same, they were wanting to charge an extra $130 for an inspection to diagnose what was wrong. I explained that I had narrowed it down, but that was not good enough for them. They also said that $130 would NOT be applied to our extended service contract. Harberson's did not make such a stipulation, although to be fair, I ended up making the repairs I needed myself. One thing they did that irked me though was that one day when heading for a local camping trip, I just wanted to top off our air in the tires. Of course, I told them that I had done oil change and other service there so I (wrongly) assumed they would do it for free or at least cheap. They wanted $40 just to fill the air. I found another option (long story) so I did not use them for that. However, even with that, I feel comfortable there. Furthermore, when I was planning on bringing it in, their wait time to get to me was about two weeks. General RV, even though I was promised to be pushed to the front of the line, said that it would be 1-1.5 months before they could look at it. Pricewise, for an oil change, I would say that they were similar to General and certainly less than Lazydays. Harbersons also seem to do more RV work than RV sales, so they seemed a better choice. One thing I realized however with these experiences is that I echo almost all other RV owners experiences when it comes to getting work done, there really isn't a great one out there. Next summer, when it's time to get an oil change, we'll probably be somewhere more northerly and I understand that there are more places like Speedee to get an oil change, which I understand is a little more reasonable in price.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #7

Thanks for the feedback, I will give Harberson's a go.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs down Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed118 View Post
Lazy days is one of the largest RV dealers in the states. I would check with them plus they are having there 40 anniversary so you might get a deal
I bought new class A this fall from them and had to wait one month to fix the problems Had to buy second set of airline tickets because they couldn't get done And from there i went straight to Tiffin for them to fix what they where suppose to do I wont let them fix anything One of there employees told me that you either leave very happy or you would'nt come back
Hal3848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:26 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've used Camping World at 4811 McIntosh Road | Dover, FL 33527 (just east of Tampa before Plant City) | 888.449.6301. Though they are very busy so it takes time to get in, I've been real pleased with the service.
dschultz424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #10

I took the coach to Harbersons. I waited as they changed the oil and I asked them to change the serpentine belt also. Basic oil change was less than $250
I found them to be friendly and helpful.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
RV Renovators

We go to RV Renovators in Pinellas Park when we have work done on our 5th wheel. Dean has worked on several of the RV's in our camping club, both towables and class a's and all of us are pleased with his work.

don
bobbidonb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service