Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #1

Hi, Jellin!

Saw your post on "THE BOSS IS REQUESTING TIME FOR A MEETING" thread.

Welcome to the Florida Boomers site. Hope to see you at our rallies. You'll really like this group.

See ya!
Cheri and Ron
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #2

Hi, Jellin!

Saw your post on "THE BOSS IS REQUESTING TIME FOR A MEETING" thread.

Welcome to the Florida Boomers site. Hope to see you at our rallies. You'll really like this group.

See ya!
Cheri and Ron
Old 01-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #3

Ron and Cheri thanks for "welcome"......looking forward to coming down your way. So, how many of these Boomers are there. I've counted about 15 or so names which pop-up regularly on the Boomer site. You must have some fairly large rallies....any campgrounds ever asked you not to come back or are you relatively calm. It definitely sounds as if you have some rich dudes in the group if they can afford $400K lots in The Keys.

Hopefully, a large number of you play golf. See ya later.

Jellin
Jellin Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #4

JELLIN,
WELCOME TO THE FLORIDA BOOMERS YOU WILL NEVER MEET A NICER BUNCH OF FOLKS.
AS FOR THE $400,000.00 KEYS LOT SOME ARE GOING DOWN TO BLUEWATER KEY IN JUNE TO RENT LOTS AND I JUST HAPPEN TO SEE ONE IN THE MOTORHOME MAGAZINE FOR SALE YA WANNA BUY IT???
WE ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED BACK BUT WE HAVE HAD A FEW CLOSE CALLS.
SO GET YOURSELF SETTLED AND COME SIT A SPELL.
OH MOST OF US STILL HAVE OUR TEETH

VECTROLA
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:25 PM   #5

Hey Jellin -- Welcome to the Florida Boomers -- as far as getting thrown out of a campground -- there is always a first time!!! No seriously, this group is some of the nicest people you will ever want to meet.

And by the way, does your wife bite -- since she has had her shots????
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #6

Jellin,
Come and join one of our rallys. This is a great bunch of people.
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #7

Hey, what a warm welcome...thanks so much. It seems sort of strange to be responding since I tend to be an introvert, while my wife is just the opposite. You've probably never seen such a cutie, yet such a talker. Most of you appear to have your heads screwed on tight, even if not perfectly aligned. And as for teeth, we have some of them left, but have filled in the gaps, if you know what I mean.

As for biting, we've never been known to leave permanent scars...

Can't wait to meet all of you. BTW, are there some of the Boomers I should prepare myself for, in terms of being a challenge, socially???? My wife and I like to exchange friendly jabs with our friends.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:44 PM   #8

JELLIN,
I THINK YA'LL MIGHT JUST WORK OUT. WHAT RALLY DO YOU THINK YOU WILL ATTEND ?
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #9

Jellin sounds like you may work out OK in the Liar,s Circle.We have some good ones in this department.Looking forward to meeting you and the wife and Welcome.
islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:25 AM   #10

Jim,
Who me a liar....how could you possibly come to that <span class="ev_code_RED">accurate</span> conclusion in a such a short period??????? I have been known to stretch the truth a bit, in good fun.

In all honesty, though, we hope to be able to make the Manatee or Tropical Palms, assuming they allow pets. Looks like our "zoo" will be in good company judging from the managerie that accompany Lou and Robin. Presumably, they pull a separate trailer, as we do, for their pets. We have two minature llamas and a pot belly pig, which is having more and more difficulty making it up the stairs of our MH.

Well, the little woman is calling me to breakfast. We are scheduled for boccie ball lessons with the club pro this morning so we can fit in with the other "snowcaps" down there in FL.

Thanks again for the welcome and hope to see ya soon.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:13 AM   #11

Jellin no offense ment,come to a rally and you will discover where the Liar,S Circle got its name when 20 or 30 Boomers gather in a circle of chairs and start telling stories except me of course.
All the Boomers know you are talking to the wrong person when it comes to pets even though one Boomer named a flea catcher after me.Talking about Lou and Robin thats another story.I don't no about the IIamas but I do no what we can do with that little fat pig.
We have no pets, Lord knows I have enough trouble with VECTROLA
Hope to see you and the Little Woman at a Rally soon
islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:03 AM   #12

Cheri,
Did you say anything on that last post???

Jellin and Mrs. Jellin,
Another warm welcome to you! From your posts, it sounds like you will fit right in. This is a great group of people and we can hardly wait for the Rock Crusher get together. Miniature llamas and a pot belly pig - how wonderful!

Meet you soon...

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:10 AM   #13

Sorry, Mary and Larry:

I'm trying to get my Flamingo Avitar back, and who knows what I did. Maybe I'll just wait until we have a photo of the MH and use that like you did. Actually, I have a photo. Sometime when you have nothing better to do, could you tell me how you uploaded/downloaded yours to use as your Avitar? When I went to my PROFILE and clicked on "Edit" for the Avitar, nothing happened. I noticed on some of the Avitar areas on the forum, it said something about not being able to use Avitars if you were using the website at no charge. (Or words to that effect.)

Can't wait to see you guys and Daisy.

LY,
Cheri
Old 01-29-2005, 04:01 AM   #14

UH,OH,LOOKS LIKE RALPHIE WILL HAVE HIS WORK CUT OUT FOR HIM. I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN TAKE MORE LIKE MISSY.
WELCOME !! TO THE FLORIDA BOOMERS!!
SEE YA,THE ONE....AND ONLY <span class="ev_code_RED">BOSS</span>
HOPE TO SEE YA'LL SOON.