Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
On the two visits from Orlando, to join you Floridians, we have past a museum that has a plane sticking in the ground..I think near LazyDays. Can someone tell me the name of that, and give me a mini review? Gil wants to know if it's a "real" museum, or more of a tourist attraction/fun place. Thanks..and hope youa re all well. We, once again have snow coing down. Our May trip to Florida seems so far away!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
On the two visits from Orlando, to join you Floridians, we have past a museum that has a plane sticking in the ground..I think near LazyDays. Can someone tell me the name of that, and give me a mini review? Gil wants to know if it's a "real" museum, or more of a tourist attraction/fun place. Thanks..and hope youa re all well. We, once again have snow coing down. Our May trip to Florida seems so far away!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 AM   #3

Doris,

That would be Fantasy of Flight, located in Polk City, FL. It is along I4 about half way between Orlando and Tampa, just east of Lakeland. They have a web page www.fantasyofflight.com if you would like to check it out. I haven't been through their exhibits, but the boomers will be camping right near there in April, so maybe we can update you after that. The web page is pretty impressive, but all the aircraft listed may not be there at all times. Hope you enjoy the trip down and can join us in one of our rallies.
Larry, NW4W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Thank you Larry, that's it. We're actually flying down. With Southwest, it's cheaper than dragging the trailer. We've some to a couple of the FL rallies, sans trailer, and they sure are a welcoming group!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Doris you might want to tell Gil that they have a Lockheed "Connie" Constellation airplane sitting on the front lawn of the airport. You won't be able to miss it.

This past week we saw the Warbird Airshow here at the Spacecoast Airport. They had a "Rememberance Flight" composed of a P-51, A10, and an F-16 flying in formation. They even played taps for a missing man formation flight that was also flown by AT-6 and T-37 aircraft.

A B-25 was also flown as well as other propeller and jet powered aircraft.

Florida is a BIG warbird aircraft state. I also believe that I saw a B-24 at New Symirna airport while going North on Route 1.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Doris,
I went to "Fantasy of flight" last year. It was something to do during a lull in a Lazy Days rally. $20 entrance fee for me. I figured okay I'd probably waste it some other way so why not?
My friend and I figured we could kill an hour or so. Thankfully they have a nice little resturant and snack bar there or we would not have eaten at all that day. What a flyers feast.

A true museum. In every aspect. spent almost six hours there.Every major era of flight covered. wonderfully laid out. A working restoration area and warehouse full of almost every known a/c engine all available to view. Guided behind the scene warehouse tours for "No extra charge".
"Connies, Clippers, sopwiths..... Go and enjoy. I did.

Ol'joe
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Well, I guess they'll be no stopping him now, once I pass all this news on! Thanks