Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:46 AM   #1

This is my rationale for iRV2 being the Boomer site. This can be found at iRV2.com/Florida Region/Yoo Hoo/Page 1/Post 6.

Posted October 06, 2005 03:23 PM
Hey Pat,and others,like me who are confused of the goings on.
Seems some of the Boomers are unhappy with the Irv2 administration who does not get paid for their efforts nor do they charge a fee to the membership.Thus,they are trying to convince ALL the Boomer Family to move to the "other"site.That's their priviledge,However,i choose to remain A FLORIDA BOOMER,parking at Irv2.As we've often agreed,we have no rules.We've made some GREAT friendships here.And,i hope we can remain as a BOOMER FAMILY.Any questions or comments you'd like to send,but not post,either call Or email me.
Love to you all,Ralphie....still the BOSS.

Ralphie "The Boss"

I also do not care about the number of RV sites you choose to attend and belong to. I do not care what is posted about any topic, other than Florida Boomer info. Some of you may not know that Ralph and Janice do not even have access to the other site and are not aware of the information passed along and are not able to converse with their Boomer and other friends. I just think we should honor the wishes of the founder of the Boomer family.

Pat of

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2005, 06:46 AM   #2

This is my rationale for iRV2 being the Boomer site. This can be found at iRV2.com/Florida Region/Yoo Hoo/Page 1/Post 6.

Posted October 06, 2005 03:23 PM
Hey Pat,and others,like me who are confused of the goings on.
Seems some of the Boomers are unhappy with the Irv2 administration who does not get paid for their efforts nor do they charge a fee to the membership.Thus,they are trying to convince ALL the Boomer Family to move to the "other"site.That's their priviledge,However,i choose to remain A FLORIDA BOOMER,parking at Irv2.As we've often agreed,we have no rules.We've made some GREAT friendships here.And,i hope we can remain as a BOOMER FAMILY.Any questions or comments you'd like to send,but not post,either call Or email me.
Love to you all,Ralphie....still the BOSS.

Ralphie "The Boss"

I also do not care about the number of RV sites you choose to attend and belong to. I do not care what is posted about any topic, other than Florida Boomer info. Some of you may not know that Ralph and Janice do not even have access to the other site and are not aware of the information passed along and are not able to converse with their Boomer and other friends. I just think we should honor the wishes of the founder of the Boomer family.

Pat of

Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #3

1.Pat I agree in that you have the right as does everyone to select the sites that you would like to be a member of.
2.I would suggest that you skip over the
"Non-Boomer" posts. I'm not sure by
comment that you only care about Florida
Section that you read nothing else.
3.Ralph & Janice DO have access to the other
site and Ralph is a Member #263.
4.Your right about honoring the wishes of the Founder of the Boomer Family. You just have it all wrong. The founder is Lou Mitchell. Lou was here since January of 2000 just about when this site first opened for business. Ralph & Janice came in in April of 2000.
So let's all give Lou Mitchell a big hand. Thanks Lou!!!

Derek

Added info for edit:
Removed by Derek
Derek

Old 11-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #4

To Lou I offer my sincere apologies. Was my assumption of "Boss" as being the founder. I have been appropriately reprimanded and will remember this from here on out.

However, I now refer "you" to the same site as previously mentioned page seven/second post/third paragraph from the bottom....the above known fact being recognized.

My last conversation with Ralph and Janice, they were unable to see the Southeast Group postings....SORRY.

Pat of

Old 11-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #5

Pat,YOU ARE CORRECT.i....AKA,the boss IS one of two founders of THE FLORIDA BOOMERS.Lou can tell you himself.Yes,he & Robin were at the FIRST rally,but,i & Lewis Mann started the BOOMERS.and, I ORIGINALLY SIGNED ON THE begining of Feb.2000.However i changed my screen name in April, to safecrkr.Back then you would "loose " all your previous post numbers.And your correct sign up DATE.Bye the
way,are not important to me.so,THE WAY I SEE IT I'M STILL THE BOSS.....which means NOTHING!!RALPHIE
Old 11-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #6

ALSO,at the time LOU Mitchell was a SITE MODERATOR,UNTIL A SHORT TIME AGO.Also i'm sure to him that meant nothing as well.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #7

Thanks much Ralph. Perhaps we are (including myself) not as knowledgeable as we think we are. I am truly partial to the "Florida Boomers". I do believe that your position is truly earned. Thanks much...I salute you and Lou both. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Pat of

Old 11-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #8

GO BOOMERS

Ralphie - are you ready to rally this month?
Tom and Pat - let me know when you get into Kissimmee.
Derek - How many people are going on the St. Patty's Day caravan? I have all of our campground confirmations.

2004 Infinity 36A
Old 11-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #9

Since Ralphie is heading for La La Land, I'll speak for him. YES!!!! We are ready to rally!! Can't wait! Can't wait to see our little "love nest" down there.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #10

OK folks,

As a senior member of the Florida Boomers, a spot that I share with honor with my buddy and good friend Ralphie, I would like to make a post here regarding THIS site iRV2 and it applies to all other sites that we may or may not frequent. It really is a matter of personal choice, and preference. No one is going to be kicked out of the group if they hang out at one site or another. There is NO OFFICIAL Florida Boomer SITE. As the Florida Boomers there are no rules, you don't even have to have a computer..I am sure anyone that was interested could find ANY of our phone numbers and call us for dates and times for our get togethers.
So all that being said.

1. IF I were in need of getting a message out to ALL OF THE FLORIDA BOOMERS I would post it on as many sites as I thought they might visit. I have noticed "known members" of this site on other sites for years.

2. iRV2 is and always has been a GREAT place for us to communicate between ourselves. I would imagine that some of the other members don't particularly care for all of our chatter and banter, but that's the price THEY pay on a free web site.

3. Change, diversity, the open ability to speak your mind without censorship, your free will to visit or not visit one site or another is a freedom I cherish. I do not support ANY TYPE of venture that would restrict my freedom, and that is a choice each of us has to make on our own. I do not believe that rude or crude comments or behavior have a place in this forum, nor do I believe that there ever is a cause or reason for such behavior. But again, if it came down to a matter of censorship or freedom I would stand on the side of freedom.

4. I KNOW that there are some STRONG feelings regarding various issues in OUR GROUP known as the FLORIDA BOOMERS, and I RESPECT ALL of those feelings...that doesn't mean I have to agree with all of them, nor do you.

5. NOw, in confirmation of what I think my buddy Ralphie said earlier, it doesn't matter who came first, who is a moderator, who is a founder, or who is who. What does matter it that we are a family of RV'ers that have been heavily blessed with wonderful friendships. We have all shared much happiness, and much sorrow together. Does anyone think it is just a matter of luck that some how all of us just happened to find each other?

So I will see all of you frequently either here or there or somewhere.

By this post and via e-mail to the iRV administratiion I am requesting as a SENIOR FLORIDA BOOMER that this topic be LOCKED for no further comment.

AND hopefully, with RALPHIE'S blessings, I am going to make a FLORIDA BOOMER RULE #2, but if you want to know what it is you will have to attend the Christmas Rally at Seasons In the Sun.

"Good Night and Good Luck"
Old 11-01-2005, 06:08 PM   #11

AMEN!!! Well said Lou!!
Closed Thread