Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Working on October get-together

Still working on the October get-together, but not having a lot of luck getting any return info from the folks at the park. This last week has been pretty hectic as we are busy packing a preparing the house for the summer. Apparently they are only there at certain times???
Leaving in the morning (Sunday) for S Dakota. Will call them again when we arrive sometime next week.
I know some of you guys have plans to be there during the summer. Anyone from the Irv2 crowd and especially SE area, please stop by and see us at Custer SP. It is good to find a Southern accent every once in a while.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Hey you two, have a wonderful trip and time.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hope you guys have a safe trip to Custer. Hopefully we will see you sometime toward the end of June.

Mike and Janet
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Doc. I couldn't think of a better place to be. Some of my best memories are from Deadwood and Lead. I had friends there in the mid 70's. I hope the weather in great all summer. Of course you know there it's JULY-AUGUST then winter... Enjoy
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Question Out there & Other places!

Hi All,

Hey Doc & Ms Carol,

I hope it was a fun trip out west and everything is going well for you all out there! I am only one person and can't speak for others, but if things don't work out for Hunting Island! Maybe we could do Myrtle Beach,SC or Savannah or Stone Mnt. Park in Ga. Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
Looks like the park on Hunting Island is having some sort of celebration of the 175th anniversary of the light house there. Probably going to be loaded up at that time. I am having a hard time getting any response from the e-mails I send them. I suggest we forego the October meeting there and look for another location.
Myrtle Beach would be fine with Ms C and me.

We are still in Custer and will be here until August 1. We had snow until a few days ago. Nothing on the ground, just flurries blowing around every couple of days. Now it is rain this week and cold temps at night. Even with the weird weather the CG we are running is nearly full tonight. (we had some sun and a little warm air today)
Wish you guys were here. This would be a great place to have a rally. We have a friend we made here a couple of years ago who does a tour service. He would give us a deal. He is basically a native and knows the history of this area like a book.
See you all this fall.
doc and ms c
Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Doc,wasn't there a place in Ga.you were thinking about having a rally one time? We would love to go somewhere different. Youngest daughter and newest grand baby is in Myrtle Beach so we go there all the time! Whitter would be a nice place to visit again too.

Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Did you feed the donkeys yet Doc ? they are a blast,,,,Tom and Diane in Tennessee
Spudwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
doc

Appalachian Campers
Spud, we have two groups - one on the Iron Mountain road and another on the Game Loop. The Game Loop miscreants are led by a big jack that has figured out how to step in front of a car and stop it. We were by there the other day and I intended to steer around him. He saw me turn and walked across the road to block my path and stood there until I stopped. I got out to feed them crackers and got mugged by the herd. A couple/three weeks ago, we had friends visiting from Gastonia, NC and they laughed their heads off as the donkeys were fighting for the Ritz and pushing me around the road.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #10

Appalachian Campers
That brings back memories,,Lol,,,,,,,,,Spud
Spudwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Looks like the park on Hunting Island is having some sort of celebration of the 175th anniversary of the light house there. Probably going to be loaded up at that time. I am having a hard time getting any response from the e-mails I send them. I suggest we forego the October meeting there and look for another location.
Myrtle Beach would be fine with Ms C and me.

We are still in Custer and will be here until August 1. We had snow until a few days ago. Nothing on the ground, just flurries blowing around every couple of days. Now it is rain this week and cold temps at night. Even with the weird weather the CG we are running is nearly full tonight. (we had some sun and a little warm air today)
Wish you guys were here. This would be a great place to have a rally. We have a friend we made here a couple of years ago who does a tour service. He would give us a deal. He is basically a native and knows the history of this area like a book.
See you all this fall.
doc and ms c
We will be in MB in October at Myrtle Beach Travel Park! We could only hope that we could have a rally for the week that we will be there. Always before Daylight Savings Time ends. It is the week of October 17-25th. Hope we can have a get together then.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #12

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
Doc,wasn't there a place in Ga.you were thinking about having a rally one time? We would love to go somewhere different. Youngest daughter and newest grand baby is in Myrtle Beach so we go there all the time! Whitter would be a nice place to visit again too.
Dianne
FWIW, we went to a Titanium Owners Rally in 2006 at River Vista RV Resort near Dillard, GA: http://www.rvmountainvillage.com/. At that time it had a great rally area and wasn't far from the Dillard House restaurant.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
doc

Appalachian Campers
River Vista is a great place to have a rally. Our local camping crowd goes there every spring. (we didn't make it this year) Would anyone come to there?
Truthfully, guys I really know nothing about planning a rally. Sorta like when you were a kid (I barely remember that long ago) and you threw a party, then worried none of your friends would show up.

MB or Dillard? Let me know
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
River Vista is a great place to have a rally. Our local camping crowd goes there every spring. (we didn't make it this year) Would anyone come to there?
Truthfully, guys I really know nothing about planning a rally. Sorta like when you were a kid (I barely remember that long ago) and you threw a party, then worried none of your friends would show up.

MB or Dillard? Let me know
Doc,not much planning-you name a place and time and we/they will come! Its the people that make a rally and we have some good ones on here! We personally would love Ga. for a change.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote