Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 03:28 AM   #57

readinglady2,
There is a topic on the January Super Show posted in the Florida Region here. You can read what all is and isn't planned for that event by the Florida Boomers. Have a good one and maybe we'll see you soon. Please come when you can.

Pat of

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2005, 04:09 AM   #58

Not sure if we're going or not, but probably not. We've been twice and it was a lot of fun. So much to see and all kinds of neat "must haves" in the vendor area.

We have never camped onsite but have heard that is a lot of fun too if you go with a group. Even if you go on your own, still a memorable event. WARNING ... There is that temptation when there are so many new RVs around with all the new "gismos" onboard. Although, with your new rig, you should be fine.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:24 AM   #59

"... BECAUSE I TYPE IN CAPS ...

Hey, Robin:

For those of us who wear tri-focals, it's a little more difficult to read all caps. Just like for a couple of our Boomers who told me that's it's difficult to read the print when I type in red. It could even be a monitor issue. I know the colors on my screen are not always "true".

Ahhhh the joys of getting older. Now where did I put those tri-focals?

Ron???? Oh, Ron???
Old 10-08-2005, 06:30 AM   #60

Country Coach Owners Club
Hi fellow boomers.....It is great to venture out and visit other web sites. New ideas, thoughts and experiences. We are all one happy family and this is our home here on IRV2. Unless someone can tell me of any problems, I have seen nor heard of any to cause me to want to move. There have been a few minor format changes over time, but I have always thought those to be programming updates by those dedicated folks who maintain this great website. All in all it has been and will continue to be the place to meet.

Barb and I are looking forward to seeing eveyone at the Christmas, New Years and Super show rallies.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #61

Jim and Barb,

We second that motion!!....or is that emotion??

Tom and Pat of

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
Old 10-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #62

Well I think it's time I wrote a few lines and try to clarify a few things.
1. Ralfie- NO ONE is trying to take anyone from Irv2. The conversation that we discussed with you our ( Derek, Mary, Audi, and a couple more that I won't mention as they did not give me permissision to put tHere names in type) had become disalusoned with some of the Admin of IRV2. Some of this was due to different posts and the response by a admin & mod that had nothing to do about the subject of the origional post.
Those of us that became disalusioned with IRV2 still read the threads and post on IRV2 we have not abandoned the BOOMERS as some think, we are just taking a more laid back attitude.
IF I have something to say then I will post it, otherwise I will just sit back and leave the bantering back and forth between you & Cheri.
Afterall that's what RV2 wants, it keeps there hits up, giving more stat's for them to show the sponsors when they seek dollars. Besides I think it's fun to read. Yes, I do hang out on the other site RVLivin and to me there forums on ENGINE,TRANNY,CHASSIS, which I asked for here, but the powers here deemed the members did not need.
You speak of the BOOMER family, we are the boomer family, whether we hang out on RV2 all the time or if we hang out on RVLivin most of the time and still keep up with the threads here. I post the same rallys here that are posted over there, same there that are here.

I don't see any difference where we hang out. Just one site is friendlier to some of us.....
Derek

Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #63

Guys, I have set back and read all that has been posted here, and I have read all that has been posted at other RV sites as well.

I think everyone has personal preferences, and some sites might better reflect one persons than another site. I think that is OK.

I think that by the sheer magnitude of sites and information that is available today on the internet it benefits everyone to keep an open mind and keep their eyes open as well.

I think that each site has an owner or owners, and they have the right to build and control their sites as they see fit, and it is the visitor to each of those sites to determine if they will frequent one site or another. It is the visitor that has to right to spend time and posting where and when they choose.

I think it is everyone's RESPONSIBILITY to be respectful and courteous to others on the various sites. If you don't agree with a persons opinion or view you have the RIGHT on open forums to express yourself, and you have the RIGHT to click right past that topic or posting..your choice. I KNOW that as close of a group as we have, known as the Florida Boomers, there are many different thoughts and opinions on many different topics. Guess that is why we maintain the no religion or politics talk.

Bottom line, we ALL have rights and we ALL have reponsibilities, and we should all respect that.
If a person or persons feel that there are topics of interest at other sites, I think they should share that information with the group and visit the sites of interest. I think if one site chooses not to offer certain topics, that is ok as well. In this world if there is a "gap" of information it will be filled quickly. I KNOW that as a company, as it is with a website, grows it can not meet everone's personal desires...however it should be respectful of those desires.

I was going to come on here this evening, and simply post that I have had enough, and the issues of the past at iRV2 and simply say "good bye". BUT as I sat down I realized that THIS site, which I have been a member of since nearly the begining, serves and has served a VERY IMPORTANT purpose for Robin and I. Yes, we have had our issues over the years with things we thought were not right or proper here. So what, the FRIENDS we have made here FAR FAR FAR overwhealm the few bumps in the road. These bumps are so insignificant compared to the wonderful and close friendships we have made and maintained over the past 5 years.

So if anyone is still reading this, iRV2 is MY site of choice for the FLORIDA REGION Forum. I will USE this formum for that purpose. I encourage all of my Florida Boomer friends to do the same. I will also see you folks on other sites and forums as well.

So...now which topic to I post my opinions on...... making "pot" legal, gay marriage, the war in Iraq, a "flat tax", global warming, who is to blame in Mississippi for the major mistakes made with Katrina, how should we secure our Borders, and why is that only a concern on the southern border, do I need to go on????

Now Cheri, I don't really care what the **** you had for Dinner..I want to know WHEN you are going RVing and where ?????????
Old 10-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #64

Thanks Pat,
I saw that after I had already put in my 2 cents(...and since it is a penny for my thoughts... I am wondering where my change is?? LOL ) Now, to just talk Richard into going.... Hope to see ya'll there!

readinglady2

1999 Ford F350 diesel Crewcab dually
Old 10-09-2005, 04:02 AM   #65

Lou,thank you for your words of wisdom.I agree.
I too have been here at Irv2 for over 5 years and have made many friends.I guess my post here was more outta fear of losing our friends to other sites.Of course any & all are welcomed to check out &/or visit,move to,or what ever they wish.
This will be the last post for me on this subject.Hope all remains well with everyone.
Love you guys,Ralphie....the BOSS
Old 10-09-2005, 04:11 AM   #66

Jim,(islander)sorry i'm late to respond to your question....."WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GATORS LAST WEEK END?" Well,looks like they got their "hinnies"whooped" I don't think they're as good as they want us to believe.
Oh well.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:19 AM   #67

I think that maybe this topic has now been beat to death and that Lou expressed it exactly, so I have decided to close the topic.

Andrea
Closed Thread