Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Mid-Atlantic Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IRV2 Mid - Atlantic 2009 Spring Rally - May 14, 15, 16, 2009

Fort Bellefonte Campground
2023 Jacksonville Road (Rt 26 North)
Bellefonte, PA 16829

3 night stay $120, 2 night stay $80 Sites are full hook up with cable TV. All sites will be together with a central pavilion. Total = $120 (3 nights); $80 (2 nights)

Send a check to me which is made out to Fort Bellefonte Campground.

Address: T.Trostle
150 Village Drive
State College, PA 16803

Deadline: April 22, 2009

Thursday, May 14 Check In 12:00 Noon

Thursday, May 14 Dinner on your own at the Hublersburg Inn. A country Inn of casual dining at very reasonable prices. Leave campground at 5:00 PM

Friday May 15 - Hamburger Mountain Pie Dinner...we will provide the “burger”, cheese, onions, etc., bread and rolls. You can bring other fillings like hotdogs or sausage if desired. Please bring a small side dish or dessert, and beverage of your choice. Bring your pie maker. Borrow a pie maker if you do not have one. Dinner will be at 6:00 PM

Saturday May 16 - Pork Roll and Egg Samichs courtesy of Steve (JestMe13) and Judy's stcky rolls at 8:30 AM.

Saturday May 16 - Pot Luck Bar-B-Q dinner. Bring your favorite Bar-B-Q pork, ribs, chicken or beef dish, and a side dish or desert. 6:00 PM

Saturday May 16 - 7:30 PM Campfire and Chinese Auction

Sunday May 17 - Pot Luck Breakfast 8:30 AM

For each meal bring your place settings, hardware and beverage of your choice.

Activities (on your own) Directions will be provided upon arrival......note that this weekend is Graduation Weekend at Penn State so many extra people will be in the general area in and around the Penn State campus.

Tour Penn’s Cave $

PA Fish Hatchery Tour

Military Museum tour $

Penn State Creamery Ice Cream stop $

Penn State Sports Museum

Farmer’s Market in downtown Bellefonte.

Sky & Weather permitting...View the stars and planets with Flytyer’s telescope

Directions:

Using I-80, exit 161, follow RT 26 North approx 1.4 miles, on left...watch for oncoming traffic at entrance.

From the east using Rt 322 to I-99/Rt 220 North at State College. Follow I-99/Rt 220 North. At end of I-99 continue North, travel under I-80 onto Rt 26 straight ahead. A note of caution, if using RT 322, after reaching the end of the 4 lane at Potters Mills, watch your speed as it is a bit hilly and has dangerous curves...do not attempt to use Rt 144 off of RT 322 as you will encounter a very dangerous and steep mountain...trucks are banned from this mountain.

FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Wow, this looks great Ted. Count Pat and I in. I sure would like to see some regional visitors join us in the fun.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Not far from me. I'll speak to the wife about attending.

I found a couple images of the Fort Bellefonte CG online.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
I'll be there, but not Deb...
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ted, We will be there but cannot arrive until Friday. We are involved with the WDAC 50th Anniversary Celebration. Will send check soon.
Dave and Pat Anderson
Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ted, Sorry we just realized that our Lancaster Chorale committment also interferrs with this campout. We have Dress Rehearsal Satuday mid-day and concert Sunday evening. Our music obligations have wiped out this weekend. We are free for the rest of the summer after this may weekend. We will be going to the National Rally in Ohio in June.
Dave and Pat Anderson
Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
I just realized I have a golf outing that I run on Thursday evening. Hence, I will arrive early on Friday. Probably better than dusk/dark on Thursday anyway. Can't wait!
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote