Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Mid-Atlantic Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:09 PM   #1

I will be taking my vacation in Amish Country next year. What are some good campgrounds? Will be looking to have several famalies along as I belong to a club.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2004, 03:09 PM   #2

I will be taking my vacation in Amish Country next year. What are some good campgrounds? Will be looking to have several famalies along as I belong to a club.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:03 PM   #3

You can come to our National Rally (iRV2) in June of 2005....we will be in Lancaster PA What are your prerequisites? (sp) Are you going to have kids? Do you want them to have lots to do? Do you want to be in the heart of the country? How much are you willing to spend?

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:04 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
I have camped in many of the Lancaster area campgrounds over the years. Tell me what amenities you are seeking and I will try to offer some advice.

Please check out our National Rally plans, scheduled for late June, 2005 in Lancaster.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:42 AM   #5

Wow...............who ever thought camping could get so involved.

Naturally a full hook up site. A place with an itinerary would be nice but isn't a must. Reasonable in costs as I am not the only family going. All your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:25 AM   #6

I ws waiting for Rick to get back to you, but here goes. www.OldMillStreamCampground.com is right on Rt. 30 and Dutch Wonderland is right next door. (for kids) lots of rides etc. Nice sites, nice to have a bunch of people together. www.millbridge.com is where we are going for rally. Check out their website. Covered bridge and all. Maybe a pool by next year. www.springgulch.com is a nice campground. They changed ownership this year so not sure. They have nice sites up on the hill, but pricey. There is also www.roamerscampground.com This has no pool, but beautiful scenery from the back of the campground. If you are there during the weekend most camgrounds have amish coming thru on horse & buggy to sell....bread, pies, pickles, jellys etc. Don't be afraid to buy. Their stuff is good. Hope these help. There are lots more campgrounds in Lancaster, but they are hard to find, or don't have sewer. There was one we went to that we could walk to Amish and buy quilts & furniture. Not easy to get to and no sewer.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:29 PM   #7

Allegro is right. That campground is excellent.

https://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:10 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well, Sue beat me to it. Her suggestions are right on. Others you might check out are Lake-in-Wood, Red Run, or Star Lite. A real nice, family oriented campground in northern Lancaster County is Shady Oaks. We go there every 4th of July. Sites are nice...they have a pool...and activities for kids. If you want more rustic surroundings, go to Pequea Creek Campground (Pequea Creek Recreation Area). This is in southern Lancaster County and is owned by PP&L.

But...if you want to support a campground that is supporting iRV2, go to Mill Bridge (site of the 2005 iRV2.com National Rally). Tell DOttie (the manager) or Brian (the owner) that I sent you.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:55 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I just checked roamersretreat, pretty pricy. Mill Stream doesn't have a pool so price is somewhat lower. I called about a mid week FHU in Oct and was told $35. I just cancelled out at Mill Bridge because check in is at 3pm or charged 1/2 day , didn't tell that in advertising, saw it here on the forum. We live nearby so will drive to Sight and Sound from here.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #10

Lake in Wood is one of the best parks in the Mid Atlantic. Gorgeous Pond. Multipel pools, etc.
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #11

Lake In Wood is nice but it is right next to a rock quarry. Depending on its work load, you'll hear it all day and sometimes all night.
3huskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #12

Interesting, I never heard the quarry.
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:46 AM   #13
b&b

White OAK campground nothing fancy ,great owners,quiet and clean.beautiful scenery.Itis 8 miles to lancaster. $24.00 per night.live bluegrass music sat. night free B&B
b&b is offline   Reply With Quote