Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Mid-Atlantic Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Central Jersey Dealers

Greetings,
Nubie here looking to purchase with no prior experience with RVing. Looking at Tiffin (along with others) and find that the local dealer is Scott Motorcoach RV center in Lakewood. Anyone have any dealings they like to share, good or bad? Had a brief visit, looked at a used unit (not Tiffin) on the lot and a brief chat with a girl involved with rentals. Also did a tour at the Camping World dealer on Rt. 9 in Lakewood. Bigger place than Scott, different stuff. Same question. Thanks
nightmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought mine next door in Colonial RV they have a full line of Winnebago Products and Airstream. They are very competitive in pricing and for a relative small footprint do a lot of sales. As for Scotts next door a good friend of mine got his Tiffin there and praises them for the deal and service. Both of them are usually at the Edison and Atlantic City RV Shows. As for Camping World I read too many negative stories online to recommend them.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought my Tiffin Phaeton from Scott Motorcoach. I bought it used but they had also sold it originally. I got a fair deal and they have been good to deal with. Have had some service there and have been satisfied for the most part, although nothing complicated. Service is slow especially if they need to order parts from Tiffin. For Chassis service I go to the Freightliner Service Center in Gaffney, SC. Scott’s doesn’t have expertise to service diesel other than oil change.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #4

I bought my Sunseeker from Scott, got a good deal. They even give a military discount
Bill 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks for the input. Good to hear positive reviews about local merchants.
nightmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
HRF

Winnebago Owners Club
I have heard a lot of bad things about camping world but I have never had a bad experience from them. We bought our MH at the Rt 9 Camping World a couple of years ago and had a great experience. It was a used unit and we drove away to a camp ground for Friday night. During the night, we lost our DC power. Took it back to Camping World on Saturday. They put a mechanic on it right away and replaced all four batteries and the invertor. A year later we had a slide problem in Chattanooga TN. Took it to the local camping world and got it repaired in one day. Maybe I have just been lucky but I would recommend Camping World.
HRF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer