Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:58 AM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Welcome! There is always room for more. Looking forward to meeting you all! Once they announce that the place is definate, just post you are coming. You'll shortly find you aren't the "new" person, but another NorEaster!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:25 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to another NJ family, I know you will enjoy yourselves getting together with this group....

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Camposborne, welcome to the Nor'Easters. We look forward to meeting you in the fall. If you like to camp, have a good time, eat and have a good campfire, you will fit right in!
Ctpopup and Jestme13 glad you can both join us again. This is shaping up to be a great rally, as always.
Once we finalize, we will post to this thread the details, like what sites we have, who to call etc. and then individuals will make their own reservations. At least that's how I see it going right now.
The Lake George area has a lot to offer in the way of entertainment. If people are interested, we could probably set up a group to take either a dinner or luncheon cruise on the Lake. It's very pleasant, we have done it before. Also the Great Escape is an amusement park there. I'm sure others have many other entertainment options they can mention as well. There is plenty of outlet shopping there. There is a bike path.
Thanks Lenny for the heads up on the site levels. Sounds like we will need to bring our leveling blocks. But I am also glad to hear that you didn't say it was awful.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Lenny, is it just the non sewer sites around the river that are not level? It can be pretty cold that time of year, off the river, so people may not want to camp in that area anyway. Last time we had been in, the area they used to use for rally's, was pretty flat (it used to be near the cabins, in the middle of the campground..used to be that the river sites were not sewer, but again, anything could have changed)..although it's been a long time since we did more than drive through. It's not a very big place.
They often have a dance at Riding Hi nearby (and in the past outsiders could come in) on Saturday night..kids and adults were welcome. They have also had rodeo's..but I'm not sure which night.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #19

when we discuss columbus day weekend, are we talking friday thru monday 10/9 (columbus day) or thru sunday 10/8?

i just need to know whether we need to save a vacation day for it...thanks!

t.

'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
camposborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Our rally's in the past have people coming early and staying late or just the weekend usually. For Columbus Day weekend, it's traditionally been Friday after work (for those coming just for the weekend) til Monday check out time. Some come earlier on Friday, if able. or some are able to come on Thursday and stay til Tuesday, depending on work, school, etc.
Hope this helped.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #21

works well for us! we work a 9/80 weekly schedule* and are off every other friday. luckily it happens to be on a friday we're off, so we just have to schedule the vacation day on monday. thanks so much for the info, doris!

t.

*we work for the same company, so our schedules match exactly. yay!

Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Hi Camposborne

Welcome to the Nor'Easter Section of IRV2.
We are always glad to meet new people around the campfire. Looking foward to meeting you
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #23

tks jb! you all have certainly welcomed us in today and i'm grateful for it! i hope to meet all of you in the fall!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #24

Welcome camposborne! I'm sure you will enjoy the rally. To all who are attending, I will be spending a lot of time at my summer home @ Lake George (Bolton Landing). I'll try & come up with some good entertainment suggestions & post them. Ridin hy Ranch included!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynn,
I think I had either 128 or 129, and it was not that level. If I remember site 2 and up were more level, and were a little more open. I remember the store was smal but nice, a few nick naks. I remember a outdoor pavillion, do not remember the indoor. Overall, it was one of the better ones in the area.

We also checked out Rainbow, and that looked nice as well.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Rainbow was another one mentioned at some point. I don't remember a pavilion there..but of course we weren't interested in one many years ago when we last camped there. I think Rainbow was just bought by the same people that bought Alpine Lake, ColdBrook, as well as several other campgrounds.
We have camped there and liked that one too, (well, except when my brother went over to a NYC taxi cab, camping next to us..they were tenting) and asked them if they could turn down the volumn a bit, (we truly could not hear the person sitting next to us) and the guy said sure, and brought my brother over to his trunk to show him his "system" and he had several shotguns on top of it. We decided they could play their rap music just as loud as they wished LOL.
The indoor room at LGSR was underneath the store..where you first came in. Decent size, if I remember right.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 AM   #27

i'm pretty sure if someone introduced me to his stereo system that i way, i'd probably end up dancing to the music to show my support!

what a way to make friends of your neighbors...

Old 06-29-2006, 02:43 AM   #28

ok...i'm curious. what's ridin hy ranch?