Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #1

Fall Rally Suggestions

Fall Rally Watkins Glen

Posted Today at 07:14 AM by Boog42Im
Tags
Hi Folks,I have some info on Fall Rally in Watkins Glen.We can reserve sites at the Clute Park and Campground on the Columbus Day week-end,which is Oct.8-11 2009.They will have Full hook-ups for us plus 50 amp service sites for bigger rigs.The cost per day is 38.00 dollars.This park will also offer the use of the community center for our get togethers at no extra cost.This park is within walking distance to the village and lake front.It is also closer for those to do wine tours along route 414.What is your take on this rally.Please try to post your thoughts quickly within in the next few weeks so final arrangements can be made.........Boog
Boog42Im is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good job Dave, for a guy with 12 posts and one rally under your belt.

Here is some more information on the area, that may be of intrest.

The C/G: Village of Watkins Glen, NY

Map: Watkins Glen, NY - Google Maps

Race Track: Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen International

Wine: Finger Lakes Wineries and Trails - New York Wine and Culinary Center, NY State Winery Tours

Other attractions in immediate area: Things to do in Watkins Glen, NY & Watkins Glen Attractions . - Yahoo! Travel

We will be interested in attending and will make reservations when a decision is made by the group.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Sounds great, but we will be away that weekend, so we'll miss it in any case. I was hoping that a September rally, in that area would come up, since it would be a little warmer, but I understand for those working, Columbus Day weekend is good. We'll have to catch that area another time. Thanks for offering to do this one.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree with Mike, great job Boog stepping up and getting er done. We will not be able to make it to the fall rally as we have other plans that weekend. You all have a great time at the Glen. Doris you never know maybe we can whip up something for Sept.

Warm Regards,

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Dave, sounds like a good campground, that’s rally & big rig friendly. Unfortunately that weekend we’re limited to 3 days off at best, so distance wise this choice wouldn’t work for us.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We still don't know our schedule at this time, but we may be able to make it if we haven't left for Florida by then.

Good Job !!
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
That looks like a great campground and there is plenty to do around there but, we aren't able to make it. With Matt just starting high school in the fall, it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to miss any classes so early in the year.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #8

Looks like a nice campground, but a bit to far for a three day week end. Hope you get a good turn out.
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #9

Watkins Glen is nice. Would love to join you someday for a campout but Sept and Oct are generally out. We're tied up every weekend with the HS Marching Band in competition around this area of NYS. Grandkids in the band. Good luck and have fun.

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boog,

Just wondering, have you had and sign ups that are not posted here? There have been 8 posts regarding the fall rally in Western NY. It seems to me the big stink was all over nothing. Boog I hope the NY and NJ croud show you some support. Maybe they are just not on here. I wish you the best, your a nice guy and build a dam good fire builder and tender.

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #11

Fall Rally-Watkins Glen

Since I Accepted the wagon master job for fall rally and was excited both myself and wife doing it at Watkins Glen.I'm really sorry to say at this point and few responses for this committment we made,decided to back off on rally.I'm truly sorry that such an uproar took place over such a simple endeavor,with adult people, that this couldn't come to reality. I'm positive we could have had a great FALL RALLY........Boog
Boog42Im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hey Boog... I really hope that you aren't taking anything personally. The NorEasters really are a great bunch of people. Speaking only for me and my family, it was just logistically unfeasible to travel to Watkins Glen for a 3 day weekend.
We really don't like to take the kids out of school at the beginning of the school year, especially this year with Matt just starting his high school career. From RI, it is 8 hours away.
I'm sure you would be a great Wagon Master and I hope to see you at a future rally.

I hope you understand.

Tim
Old 06-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #13

We weren't able to make the Spring Rally but will try and make the Fall Rally if we are able to do so! Hopefully the place and date can be worked out! He's right, it is a good group of people!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #14

Boog - Just wanted to reenforce Tim's post. I appreciate you stepping forward to be wagon master and I am sure you could run a great rally in Watkins Glen. However like many of the previous posts stated it is just a location that is to far for us to travel for a weekend.

Russ
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote