Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #43
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey ParTheCourse, Glad to hear all is a go hope you have a nice trip down, and I will see you & C&C R at Ocala mid Jan. !!!

Hey Capt. Bud, I hope to be leaving soon after you, and as for who's counting it sounds like you and me are,LOL !!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #44

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey all you Nor'Easter Snowbird have a wonderfull, save, healthy, and warm winter. Look forward to your warm posts trough the cold dark days of winter.

06 33' winnebago Voyage 33V
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 AM   #45

We arrive here at Fort Chiswell in Va about 1 Sat afternoon. Route 81 from Syracuse was clear and dry until we hit WV. Then rain, sleet and slippery roads. Holed up for awhile at the Welcome Center and the started again. Didn't get very far because of the icy conditions. Stayed for a few hours in a Virginia rest stop to let the sanders do their thing. Long trip but we knew the first day would be long --- not 17.
Already about 45 degrees warmer than home and no snow. Can't wait till Florida. Haven't spent a winter out of NY since our first year of marriage when GE sent us to Texas.

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C&C R:
We arrive here at Fort Chiswell in Va about 1 Sat afternoon. Route 81 from Syracuse was clear and dry until we hit WV. Then rain, sleet and slippery roads. Holed up for awhile at the Welcome Center and the started again. Didn't get very far because of the icy conditions. Stayed for a few hours in a Virginia rest stop to let the sanders do their thing. Long trip but we knew the first day would be long --- not 17.
Already about 45 degrees warmer than home and no snow. Can't wait till Florida. Haven't spent a winter out of NY since our first year of marriage when GE sent us to Texas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can avoid the icy and often snow covered roads near Fort Criswell by taking US17 at Winchester, VA over to I95 at Fredericksburg.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:34 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We're about half way, overnighted in Winchester, Va. arrived Lynda's sister's south of Winston Salem this morning. Uneventful trip so far.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #48

Hey Lenny, We spent the last 2 winters in Port Richey, just south of Hudson. Nice area, good restaurants and shopping.

Best regards, Clyde
Old 12-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #49
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey ParTheCourse and C&C R glad to hear you are all doing ok on the trip to Fla ! See you before you know it, or so I hope !!!!

Hey Capt. Bud and Vetman hang in ther it will be our time to leave soon !!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #50

Hi all, Got the MH back. New shocks, removed the couch to replace with 2 recliners. Now just waiting for the days to go by. Freezing rain here tonight.
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:39 AM   #51

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I sat behind the wheel yesterday just daydreaming, I'm raring to go...17 to go

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #52

OK Capt Bud, knoww what you mean ... Got the catheter out today and the doc said ............"see you in 4 months" .....
Now THAT"S what I'm TALKING about .
Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #53

Bud, you sure it was day dreaming not sleeping. Was it after 3pm?
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #54

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am sitting here watching the weatherman telling me we are going to get hit with fowl weather. Mebbe we should have bailed out already???

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #55

Leaving tomorrow morning for a campground called New Green Acres in South Carolina. Taking our time getting to Florida. First day was a killer.
Today this area of Virginia broke records for how warm it was. Still not warm enough for us frozen NY'ers.
Saturday we are scheduled for a week at TT in Orlando.

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #56
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Ok I have things all set for Dec. 17th, oil change, top of propane, and put in two new coach batteries!! I can't complain any those are the ones it came with !! I think 7 years is pretty darn good !!! After that it is wait for holidays to be over and hit the road soon after!!!

Capt. Bud hang in there the weather will be fine when were ready to leave, or at least that is what I keep telling myself !!!!