Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #1

Hi Everyone!!!

We are Ed and Lisa Hawkins of Connecticut. We have four little ones, Mackenzie 6, Tucker 3 and McGrath and Teagan 2. We also have 11 dogs so our chances to go any place are limited but we are working on getting a dog sitter. We just traded in our Lance Camper for a Prowler 5th Wheel. We have done a couple of over nights in the driveway to get the kids use to it and are planning on a Lake George trip toward the middle of September. I'm embarassed to say I've forgotten the dates. Kind of scary to think dementia is hitting me at 46. Any how I just wanted to say howdy to y'all.

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport
RVingFamilyof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #2

Hi Everyone!!!

We are Ed and Lisa Hawkins of Connecticut. We have four little ones, Mackenzie 6, Tucker 3 and McGrath and Teagan 2. We also have 11 dogs so our chances to go any place are limited but we are working on getting a dog sitter. We just traded in our Lance Camper for a Prowler 5th Wheel. We have done a couple of over nights in the driveway to get the kids use to it and are planning on a Lake George trip toward the middle of September. I'm embarassed to say I've forgotten the dates. Kind of scary to think dementia is hitting me at 46. Any how I just wanted to say howdy to y'all.

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport
Old 08-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi ED & Lisa welcome to the Nor'Easters forum and irv2.
Glad to have you aboard the Nor'Easters have a rally at Lake George the long weekend in OCT. you should come and join us there are still openings for you and family you would have some great fun and eats.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome Ed and Lisa, hope to meet you at one of our rallies, and a hearty Welcome Aboard...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Hi Ed & Lisa

Welcome to the Noreaster section of IRV2. Like 007 says we are holding a Fall Nor'Easter Rally at LAKE GEORGE SCHROON VALLEY RESORT CAMPGROUND October 6-8, 2006

Hope you can make it
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #6

Welcome to IRV 2!! i hope you can make the Columbus Day weekend fall ralliy in Lake George. Check out my post under "Information on Fall Rally @ Lake George". It will be a lot of fun with some great people!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #7

I saw the info about the rally. I'm wondering if we could cancel September and change to October. We are so eager to take the 5ver out and we definately want something close to home for our first trip. I'll have to talk to hubby about it. This will also be a test for the dog sitter to see how well she does with the dogs. My 6 year does competition cheerleading and this season they are doing a national in Baltimore. We figure with the 5ver the whole family could go but of course we need dog care for when we are gone. I don't worry about the dogs no not me not at all.

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport
Old 08-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #8

Hubby just reminded me that his Toys for Tots Motorcycle run is on the 7th so we are out. Maybe the next one. Hubby is associated with a group called BACA Biker's Against Child Abuse and they are sponsoring the ride in conjunction with the healthcare facility where he works. Hate to tell you guys this but whenever my husband organizes something it rains. I'm sorry in advance if he causes it to rain.

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport
Old 08-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #9

Welcome to IRV2 and the NorEasters. This is a great group that has a lot of fun and plenty of eats. Don't worry about the rain. We don't let it dampen our spirits. Keep checking here for our spring rally and hopefully you and the family can make it. By the way, all of us with four legged family members, both feline and canine, pamper them and treat them with love. Again WELCOME!!
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Welcome to the Nor'Easters RVingFamilyof6! Sorry you can't make it to the Oct. rally but hopefully in the Spring. We usually rally in May or early June.
The Nor'Easters are a hearty group and rain doesn't keep us from having fun but if it must maybe your husband could keep it in CT.? We look forward to meeting you and your family in the future. Welcome!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #11

I'll tell him to keep his bad mojo in CT. Any event that he has organized has been rained out. Oh except for the last one, a picnic for the motorcycle club boys. It was suppose to rain and he cancelled the night before. I told him to wait till the morning but alas he didn't and it was a gorgeous day. On the brightside it meant a trip to the outlets and I would much rather shop. We'll plan for spring. My 6 year old does competitive cheerleading and everything kind of revolves around the teams schedule. I believe our last competition is in April and in Balimore this year but not definate. I'm sooooo thankful we have our 5ver because it makes it a little more affordable. We plan on going a few days earlier and making it a mini vacation and the little ones came become more acclimated. I've driven through Baltimore on the way to FL but that's about it so looking forward to seeing what's beyond the highway. I just hope our dog sitter works out.

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #12

I almost forgot....we have webpages. I've been so into sewing the last year that they've become a tad stale but still are okay. On the dog page one dog, Buddy, has gone to the rainbow bridge and on the family page we still have our truck camper. I started to change it but then went back to sewing. http://www.siberianhusky.com and http://www.hawkinsfamily.com All my husbands family is in Canada so I set up the family page for them to see the kids grow. I guess I've failed in keeping them updated.

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My granddaughters are into compete cheering maybe you ran into them from NH Kim Barr coach Melissa and Kalayr the EXTREMES were on the CELEBRITIES before they moved. Good luck for your daughters team.
50 Years ago I was stationed in Alaska, the Forty Mile Roadhouse on the Alcan raised Huskeys, breed with a wolf, had many dogs and winners. Use to get alot of visits from black bears around lodge dogs would them off.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #14

This is only our second year so we are still very new. I'll keep a look out of the team this season.

AK...you are soooo lucky! Our dream is/was to move to AK but right now it doesn't look like it will happen. Maybe someday. Hubby and I met online and our first physcial meeting was in AK at the 1999 Iditarod. At the time I figured we would be living in AK by then but life got in the way and here we are...lol

Lisa

2008 Chateau Sport