Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #1

We're going to the hershey pa. rv show , then headed to phili pa, for a history lesson. then we hope to see the jersey coast somewhere away from atlantic city. did I mention we are traveling with our 12 yr. old son / homeschooler. We have always dreamed of trips like this but have never been able to do it until now. Not being your typical 12yr.old, this one enjoys industry, manufacturing, ole architecture . His role model is George Westinghouse,we have been to the George Westinghouse museum in Pitts. Pa twice, go figure, I told you nontypical.Any suggestions on places we should visit? Any imput would be appreciated. Thank-you. Amos
amoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #2

We're going to the hershey pa. rv show , then headed to phili pa, for a history lesson. then we hope to see the jersey coast somewhere away from atlantic city. did I mention we are traveling with our 12 yr. old son / homeschooler. We have always dreamed of trips like this but have never been able to do it until now. Not being your typical 12yr.old, this one enjoys industry, manufacturing, ole architecture . His role model is George Westinghouse,we have been to the George Westinghouse museum in Pitts. Pa twice, go figure, I told you nontypical.Any suggestions on places we should visit? Any imput would be appreciated. Thank-you. Amos
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cape May N.J. is a must for you plenty ole architecture there for you and plenty to eat and ice cream.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
It's all good...AFTER Labor Day.

There's Batsto Village, a state run park that was a working community years ago, old buildings, forges, etc...

If I can help out let me know...we're a little north of where you're going, but not too far.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #5

Gerry thank's for the headzup,I checked the site,It looks like its in a large state park with camping .An dailey tours of the bighouse.Looks Good,Thanks again Amos
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You're welcome...as 007 posted, Cape May is also a favorite of ours for the old town feel and the architecture.

We'll be going there ourselves one weekend in September, I hope.

Seashore Campsites is a place we've stayed before...probably the best rates except for Depot Travel Park...it's nice as well, just not much for kid's activities.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Cape May County Airport museum has several aircraft engines cut in half so you can see how they work. I was there a few years ago and they let the kids sit in the helicopters and some of the cockpits. Should be a good time for a 12 yr old plus it's always cool to look at planes. Cape May also has a good zoo.

2008 Honda Pilot/Racked out with Old Town Kayaks
Slapshottr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #8

I thought therehad to be better/closer,but it sound's like the cape is wazzup.I told a friend to night we was going to NJ an He menitioned the Cape was quite the place for birds this time of year..So I guess the Cape is on the list..Thank's for the headzup on the museum.your right planes are cool..Thanks, Amos
Old 09-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you have the dates when you'll be in Cape May?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #10

Not sure Gerry Im in pittsburgh now then hershey then philly .I cant pin any thing yet..Amos
Old 09-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #11

We're at timberlane cg.today I we just got back from philly ,parking can be a problem..I think we might try camp may tomorrow...BTW the RV show was huge,but I couldnt find anything tobuy {even if I hadthe money..Amos
Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for your PM, glad you are enjoying Seashore Campsites in Cape May.