RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Kymers Campground, Branchville, NJ

The wife and I spent the weekend here and really fell in love with it. We chose a back in site along a very active stream and the sound of the stream was like music to my ears. Our 1 year old Springer just loved it as well.

It's a fairly large park with very generous lots which is a bit uncommon in NJ. The lots are mostly wooded and shaded so satellite reception may be an issue, the cable included about a dozen or so stations so it was adequate for our purpose. The Wi-Fi was only available near the office which was a good thing in that it kept me off the computer for the most part but if you need it it can be an issue. The loop from our lot all the way around the park was over a mile and perfect for a nice morning and afternoon walk with the dog. Between the walks and the playing in the stream our puppy has been sleeping for the last few hours!

At $32.00 for the night for a 30 amp site with water but no sewer and $8.00 for over night guests was acceptable for what they offer in peace and quiet. We booked another weekend at the end of May so I'll see how it is during the "on" season.

If anyone was looking for a nice campground in the area you might want to give them a try.

I have no affiliation what so ever with this campground.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Don,

I live in Susex County, so post the date you will be there in May and if I can I will stop by for a visit if you like!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Al,

We'll be the Friday the 14th through that Sunday and again in August on Friday the 13th through the following Sunday.

I really like this place and if it's as nice during the on season I'll be spending a lot more this season.

Our site is #18 on the stream. By all means, drop by.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Don,

It is like 8-9 miles from me but do to back roads like a 20 min ride! Not sure yet what I will have to do when I get back to NJ I am on my way back there, was in Fl for over 6 months! I am now in Ga. will be meeting up with folks from iRV2 for a Rally at Stone Mountain! I will do my best to get ther some time in the morrning on Sat May 15th if that is ok with U? To bad you could not join us NorEaster's at our Spring Rally in VT it's a great time with great folks!!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was looking at that Rally but I have my vacation times all spoken for at this point. You can't loose in Vermont!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Don,

Yeah when I was working I remember how hard it was to try and work in all the things you want to do with the little time you have to do it in!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sure.... Rub it in!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Don,

Not rubbing it in, just helping to show you the light at the end of the tunnel!! Hang in there it will be here before you know it!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL View Post
it will be here before you know it!!!
Although I'm looking foreword to it, time seems to be passing by all too fast anymore. I'm thankful for what I have and that I'm able to enjoy my life as much as I do at this point in my life. I just couldn't see waiting until I retired to start enjoying life.

Thanks for the words of encouragement .
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #10
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I just couldn't see waiting until I retired to start enjoying life
Hey Don,

Truer words could not have been spoken as those above!! I also agree with you 1000000000%! Although I am lucky & very thankfull for what I am enjoying now!! I am also very happy to have all those memiories of the times before retirment!!

Live, Laugh, Enjoy !!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Don,

I am planning on stoping by tomorrow around 9:45-10AM I was also going to bring my Boston Terrier with me, hope this is all ok? will check this post before I leave tomorrow!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL View Post
Hey Don,

I am planning on stoping by tomorrow around 9:45-10AM I was also going to bring my Boston Terrier with me, hope this is all ok? will check this post before I leave tomorrow!
Hey there Al, We'll be there but we are planning on taking the bike out for a lunch ride so the earlier you can drop by the better. Last time we stayed in site #18 and loved it so that's where we'll be this weekend as well.

I really loved this place so I'm hoping that as the camping season starts to pick up that the atmosphere doesn't change for the worse as sometimes happens to places when the get crowded.

I'll have coffee ready!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Don,

It was very nice meeting You, Cindy & Murphy, and your right it does seem like a nice & friendly campground! I will come back for a vist next time you guys are there! Also like I said if you like, we can go for a boat ride here at the lake! By the way from your site to my driveway is 9.2 miles! Hope you have a good bike ride today, keep in touch!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here Al, good meeting another Nor-Easter group member. I'm glad to hear you like Kymers, for only our second visit we're just as happy as we were the first time around. Having the shade from the trees and the stream for Murphy really make for an enjoyable weekend.

The bike ride really went well as well!