Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:29 AM   #1

License Help in the Brewster NY area

Hey all,

I have a road test scheduled for my R endorsement Tuesday Jan 17 at 145 pm in Brewster NY. I just found out my licensed driver can t make the day. If there is anyone in the area with a CDL or R endorsement that would be willing to meet me near the site and be my licensed driver [Mod Edit]

Thanks Rob
Rmdrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2023, 11:26 AM   #2

I'd be glad to help if I was closer. You might try Vol FDs and town workers as many hold class B licenses. They may also know of recent retirees that might not have sched difficulties.
As an aside... I suggested to iRV2 mods/admin that they consider adding a profile choice where those willing to assist others as "ride along observers" for road tests. If that list was searchable by distance from any Zip code it could provide a useful benefit to iRV2 members.
I'm a Moderator on a boating forum (sister site to iRV2) where we added a similar feature where members volunteered as "Port Captains" willing to provide information and assistance to members cruising in a remote area. Note: it was well received and have literally had hundreds of volunteers.
The reply I received from iRV2 Mods & Admin indicated they did not see sufficient benefit to members to bother making that sort of an addition.
I still feel it would be a worthwhile and relatively easy add (being a similar Social Knowledge forum). If there is sufficient interest maybe collectively we could influence the powers to be.
Winemaker2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:40 PM   #3

Happy to help, reasonably close, and free that day. PM me. I have an R endorsement.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let us know if you pass....

Mighty kind of n2zon to help you out!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote