Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:22 AM   #1

I recently took my 3yo son to Monster Jam in Worcester, MA and we had a ball. Does anyone in the Northeast region know of any truck shows or mud shows i.e. hill climb, truck pulls, monster trucks in the area where there is camping near by? Family friendly of course. I think this would be a great sell to the wife for camping and easy pleasure for me and my boy.
Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2006, 06:22 AM   #2

I recently took my 3yo son to Monster Jam in Worcester, MA and we had a ball. Does anyone in the Northeast region know of any truck shows or mud shows i.e. hill climb, truck pulls, monster trucks in the area where there is camping near by? Family friendly of course. I think this would be a great sell to the wife for camping and easy pleasure for me and my boy.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:24 AM   #3

In the spring or summer is preferred and outdoor events over indoor. The last show was amazing, but it was in the DCU Center and the trucks were limited during their free-style.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:26 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
The Pepsi Arena in Albany has these each year..but you'd have to keep an eye on their site, since I have no idea where. I'm thinking in the colder months.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:34 AM   #5

That's the problem. I want to go in the warmer weather so we can enjoy other activities. It would be pretty hard to convince my wife to go and sit in the TT all weekend and only come out for the show. Although, We do go apple picking and when we go in October, that is usually the only activitiy. Just kidding! Apple picking/camping is great towards the end of the northeast camping season!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #6

Check out Stafford Motor Speedway, in Stafford Ct. They have a web site. I believe you can overnight at the track. Monster trucks are there is year July 29&30

Vet Man
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #7

Raceway Park in NJ has the diesel nationals
Old 03-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #8

Fryburg Me. used to have tractor pulls and mudbog.Not sure if they still do it,but there is dry camping right in the fairgrounds

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #9

Orange County Fair Grounds in NY(by Middletown) has monster trucks during the summer months. If you want to camp nearby, there is a Jellystone in Ellenville and Skyway also. There are a few others, just do a search for campgrounds in NY and Orange County. The one link is from last summer, but they should be updating it soon.

http://www.orangecountyfair.com/grandstand1.htm

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks...ountyFair.html

http://www.ocfsmotorsports.com/Schedule.htm

Nell

2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 quad cab
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #10

Check this out, we may go and camp at rivers bend campground about 40 minutes away
4x4 nationals

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Frankie,

Wow sounds and looks like fun, to bad I just don't have enough time to do all I want to do!!
This darn work thing keeps getting in the way !!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #12

Frankie - that sounds like exactly what we are looking for. ONly problem I have is I will be in North Conway, NH up until the 5th of August on a week long camping trip. HAve you, or anyone else, ever shot across from N. Conway to Burlington, VT? If it isn't too much of a hassle, I would leave N. Conway a day early and arrive in Burlington on Friday afternoon and stay thru Sunday afternoon. My son would have a blast and I think my daughter might even enjoy it as well. Thanks for the info. I did mapquest and it said it is approx 2 hrs and 40 min away from each other, but I know from experience that the route they suggest is not always ideal. Any information regarding routes/time frames/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.