Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2022, 06:26 AM   #1

need help w/2000 fleetwood discovery 36 T

I need the wiring diagram for the 2000 36T w/5.9 cummins. The battery cables were mixed up, both houses & chassis. I sent the rv to a freight liner dealership they completely separated the two systems !!! Now the truck side works but NOTHING on the house side operates. slides/lights/ AC's, NOTHING!!! What I truly need is the battery wiring diagram showing the house & chassis interactions & how they are wired. Please tell me that there is someone who knows where to get these schematics. Or is there someone in the Mass./ N.H./ Maine area that has a 2000 36T discovery that I could use as a map for correct resetting the battery cables to the original settings. HELP! Anyone????
Thank you for any help you can offer!
silversmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2022, 06:45 AM   #2

Check that the “Salesman” or “Use/Store” switch (usually just inside of the door) is energized.

Generally all the items you mention are powered from the coach batteries, not the chassis batteries.

You still need to track down the wiring diagram, and in fact the Freightliner dealership should probably have them if they charged you to do the wiring as you describe.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:16 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I recently helped out a friend who hooked his house batteries up wrong. He had similar problems that turned out to be the house batteries cut-off switch. His converter also had both fuses blown, so no 12 volts coming from it while plugged into shore power or with genset running. Replaced both fuses and that fixed that.

I picked up a new switch and installed it after hooking the batteries up correctly, and Voila, he now has lights, fridge, furnace, etc.

I think he also cooked the solenoid the controls the charging of house batteries while driving. That's next to check out.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned Tourist View Post
I recently helped out a friend who hooked his house batteries up wrong. He had similar problems that turned out to be the house batteries cut-off switch. His converter also had both fuses blown, so no 12 volts coming from it while plugged into shore power or with genset running. Replaced both fuses and that fixed that.

I picked up a new switch and installed it after hooking the batteries up correctly, and Voila, he now has lights, fridge, furnace, etc.

I think he also cooked the solenoid the controls the charging of house batteries while driving. That's next to check out.
While I don’t disagree with what the resulting affects of hooking up battery power incorrectly may have - I would hope that a factory or dealer service center would know what they were doing - and if damage such as described has in fact occurred, they would own up to and fix it.
The OP paid for a repair
And hopefully the OP checked everything out to make sure it worked properly before leaving the service center.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:37 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here you go sir.
Hope this helps.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me as well.
I was recently all up in that nonsense and learned a lot about it, haha.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2009-03-11_030420_Chassis_Electrical_03_fleetwood.pdf (693.7 KB, 59 views)
un4givn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:18 PM   #6

2000 discovery cabin A/C

Just picked up a 2000 freightliner discovery from an elderly gentleman, (82). I've never owned a diesel pusher before. Has the 5.9 24v which is an extremely dependable engine. I have one in my 99 dodge with over 280k. Anyway my current issue is the cabin a/c that hasn't operated in over 11 years, they removed the compressor and belt. The condenser fan was locked up. I replaced it, compressor condenser fan and drier. The system has been flushed, charged but does not come on, a,/c clutch doesn't engage. I energized both the condenser fan and a/c clutch. The cabin air blew ice cold. The cabin a/c control still won't operate the a/c system. I can't find a fuse or relay related to the a/c. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Mocksnix
Mocksnix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood, need help