Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:24 AM   #1
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi ALL,
Well next weekend, Bob & Judy, Al & Sandy and Bud & Ruth will be in Cape May checking out things for our 2006 Spring Rally. We will be staying at Holly Shores Campground, and will also be checking out other campgrounds and if time alows, things for people to do while in Cape May. Keep an eye on this site for more info.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2005, 03:24 AM   #2
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi ALL,
Well next weekend, Bob & Judy, Al & Sandy and Bud & Ruth will be in Cape May checking out things for our 2006 Spring Rally. We will be staying at Holly Shores Campground, and will also be checking out other campgrounds and if time alows, things for people to do while in Cape May. Keep an eye on this site for more info.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #3

Al, What are your plans while down there? I am hoping to get out this weekend and was playing with the idea of going to Wash DC, but I may be intereted in going down to the Cape instead.
96PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #4

Is that where the Rally will be? They have a great zoo in Cape May and best of all it's free!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #5

We stayed at Ocean View Labor Day week '04. Nice cg, clean, full service. We were not that far from many of the attractions (zoo, Wildwood, Cape May lighthouse...). Hope we can make it.
Have a good weekend, hi to all.
David
Trooper25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey 96PSD,

Bob & Judy are realy the Wagon Master & Mistress, and we are going along to help, but basically the plain is to talk with folks at Holly Shores and other campgrunds and try to get the place and date picked. we will be down there Fri, Sat and Sun.

Hey Camping Dutchman,

That is were we are looking to have it somewhere in Cape May, hope to know more after this week end.

Hey Trooper25D,

If that campground is one of the ones that are still open we will check them out. Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #7

The Wife was talkin' bout a trip to Cape May next year (Wildwood Crest), but stay in a h*tel. I'll be tracking this thread.
Beer Belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #8

Beer Belly,

Stay in a hotel? YUCK!!!

Fern
Cookie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:48 AM   #9

Thats why I put in the "*"....figured it was a bad word
Old 10-24-2005, 03:43 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Beer Belly,
Tell your wife you have your own hotel! Your rv! I would much prefer my rv to a hotel room. I sleep in my own bed, can get up and have my breakfast in my nightie and use my own bathroom.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:49 PM   #11

I agree, but last time we camped in the area (Ocenview Campground)it was our absolute worst camping experience......luck to still have the camper...came that close to giving it away
Old 10-25-2005, 02:45 AM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Oh dear Beer Belly, do tell. What happened?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #13

We got to the CG with 3/4 of my truck filled with Firewood for 7 days, they said "No Fires due to drought"....OK, it stinks, but what can you do...it's law. Campsite was on a VERY BUSY corner with Trolley Car lights blinding us thru out its entire late night run....campsite with 1 foot of leaves (no kidding!) and they refused to rake it....not enough room to put out our Awning....I asked about thier strict policy of using Sewer Hook up for dumping Gray Water (In a Pop Up with no Potty), I couldn't find my hook up....they had to dig and break into the piping to supply me with a place to dump (all sites were said to have Full Hook ups)....Paid Showers (totally unexpected)....it was 95* with high Humidity and we had no A/C.....we were ready to leave the camper with the Dealer outside the CG for whatever he would give us. The kids were running rampant thru the CG at all hours yelling and raising a ruckus.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well that's not where we are going to be, we will be at Seashore CG, that has been inspected and approved by three NorEasters, so c'mon guys let's get our ressies in and make this the biggest yet.

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote