Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #1

Just joined the forum...

My wife and I and our 20 month year old son live here in NJ. We picked up our FIRST TT on April 22nd. Prior to this we had a park model on our seasonal site at Pleasant Acres in Sussex, NJ. I have been at Pleasant Acres for a long time about 20 something years. My parents started us out in a TT (they never traveled with it) then they traded that in for a park model in 1990.

I purchased the park model we had as a way to introduce my wife to RV'ng. Not long after we both decided we would rather have a TT so that we can go anyplace we wanted. We both enjoy going to see different things and different places so it's just a natural thing for us to do.

The TT is on our seasonal site and will stay there when we are not on the road. Our first trip is scheduled for the week of July 4th, we are going to Saratoga Springs, NY.

Our original first trip was planned for June 23rd to Spring Gulch in Lancaster PA. We had plans to take our son to see "Thomas The Tank" at the Strasburg RR. The tickets never came for Thomas and we decided that since we are going away for the week in July and that it is so close to the orignal June 23rd date we would just cancel the trip to Spring Gulch. Our orignal plan for the week of the 4th was to go to Jellystone in Ellenville NY but for whatever reason they didn't have our reservation..oh well..so now it's Saratoga Springs

Either way we are excited about getting out on the road!

Jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #2

Just joined the forum...

My wife and I and our 20 month year old son live here in NJ. We picked up our FIRST TT on April 22nd. Prior to this we had a park model on our seasonal site at Pleasant Acres in Sussex, NJ. I have been at Pleasant Acres for a long time about 20 something years. My parents started us out in a TT (they never traveled with it) then they traded that in for a park model in 1990.

I purchased the park model we had as a way to introduce my wife to RV'ng. Not long after we both decided we would rather have a TT so that we can go anyplace we wanted. We both enjoy going to see different things and different places so it's just a natural thing for us to do.

The TT is on our seasonal site and will stay there when we are not on the road. Our first trip is scheduled for the week of July 4th, we are going to Saratoga Springs, NY.

Our original first trip was planned for June 23rd to Spring Gulch in Lancaster PA. We had plans to take our son to see "Thomas The Tank" at the Strasburg RR. The tickets never came for Thomas and we decided that since we are going away for the week in July and that it is so close to the orignal June 23rd date we would just cancel the trip to Spring Gulch. Our orignal plan for the week of the 4th was to go to Jellystone in Ellenville NY but for whatever reason they didn't have our reservation..oh well..so now it's Saratoga Springs

Either way we are excited about getting out on the road!

Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Welcome to the boards..I live about 20 miles from Saratoga..which campground are you going to there? We used to have a campground as part of our membership campground in Greenfield Center, which they said was in Saratoga, but it's separate now, so we havent' camped there in awhile. We'll be away the weekend before the 4th up until the 4th, or we'd be tempted to stop in!
Some of us are going to Association Island in August, and you are welcome to join us. Also watch this space for an announcement of a Fall Rally.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Jaymz. WELCOME to iRV2!

We're glad you found us!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to have you here...

Look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #6

Welcome Jaymz. You'll find an extreamly friendly group here. If you like to eat, then your completly qualified to be a part of this group. Joins us at a rally or an informal get together like Association Island in August. We have a lot of fun.
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Jaymz, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. If we can be of any help just ask and we will try to answer any question. Congratulations on you new TT and I am sure you will enjoy both it and this website. Take care and stay safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #8

Jaymz, glad you joined our friendly rv site, stop in as often as you can, look forward to your posts. Ed.S
Old 06-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #9

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

We are going to Adirondack Adventure Resorts in Saratoga Springs this is the web site

http://www.adirondackadventureresorts.com/saratoga.htm

Old 06-04-2006, 03:54 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
We used to be members of that campground... it's the one I was mentioning above. My family actually liked it,even though you couldn't swim in the lake, and there was a duck "doo" problem on the sites near the lake. But it's a cute campground. Very small, as were the sites. They added the water playground after our campground pulled it out of coast to coast, so I've not seen that. It's Greenfield Center, but not too far from Saratoga. We always put up a screen room when camping there.
Not all of those pictures are of the campsite you are going to. The pool looks suspiciously like the Scroon River pool, and I know the cabin they show is Schroom River as is the boating picture. The one playground is identical to the campground at Gansevort (as is the annual lua, but they could have put the same thing in at Saratoga and have a lua there too).
All that said, we still liked this little campground. It used to be very quiet, without a lot of other campers. I've heard they have done some fixing up..although we liked it as it was. We already have plans, or we would stop in. Have a good time.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #11

Jaymz just jump right in.We have some great get togethers.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
WECOME JAYMZ

Wow! Pleasant Acres, now that bring back memories. When the kids were young about twenty-five years or so, I had a pop-up and that used to be one of my favorite places to bring the family. I remember the kids loved seeing the Sheep sherring, Cow milking, and participating in the greased pig contest.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:53 AM   #13

Hi Bob!

I have seen quite a few sheep get a haircut in my years up there as well as for the cows being milked.

And we all love the pig chase! I came in 3rd over Memorial Day Weekend. Not bad considering they put the teenagers in with us and we still manage to get a pig!

The cool thing now is my son, just turned 21 months, will soon be able to enjoy the actitivites just as much as I did / do

Old 06-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Hi Jaymz

My grandaughter is 26 months, I'll have to put Pleasant Acres on my schedule for next year to let her enjoy these activities.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote