Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 AM   #15

I also really enjoyed Rivers Bend. Those water front sites were some of the best I was ever at.
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #16
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Jim nice to see you posting ! Both you & Nancy have been missed at the last few ralies !!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jrcnlc:
Doris when gil starts to fall asleep you take over driving so he can get nap,Thats what i do about ten oclock time for nap nance drives till lunch then i drive again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey buddy,long time no see. Thats good advice for Gil ,seeing your the guy who doesnt stop for bathroom breaks , Oh that reminds me I have to stop at burger king and get a large diet soda

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Most of rallys to far away since i fall asleep an price of fuel.Closest i got was NJ atlantic city to see bud an gamble.Going to Elkdale rv resort in salamanca ny on tues or wed till sunday to fix gambling rash
Old 08-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vet Man:
I also really enjoyed Rivers Bend. Those water front sites were some of the best I was ever at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is Rivers Bend?

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #20

It is a pretty nice place.

http://www.riversbendcampground.com/

Old 08-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
If people are more interested in River's Bend we could do that again.
I found the paper and here is the information from Country Village.
They would have 37 sites available for the weekend of May 8th-10th. They don't have a pavilion but the do have a 20'X40' party tent. He has a pig roaster if we would like to do that again. The owner would roast the pig. There are horse shoes, shuffle board and volley ball. There is water and electric but no sewer. He has a dump station. I don't believe he has a pump out service but I am sure I could find one in the area to come in and do that. I don't have any idea how much it would cost.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #22

Nor'easters Club
We'd be out of it. We just can't do Mothers Day again. As much as we like you guys, we want to spend the time with our kids and grandkids. I know many of you will bring your kids, so it's not a problem, but we really like spending that special day with ours. I guess we'll catch up with you all someday.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Well I'll put this out as most of you know my wife is a workamper at Normandy Farms in Foxboro Ma. just 2 miles away from the Pats home. they now have a small mall on the gillet grounds with a bass pro,xmas tree shop and some others I have not talked to my wife about this but just maybe she might step up to be wagon master if Normandy Farms was picked for the rally as we/she know the ins and outs of the place, if you want to check it out go to www.normandyfarms.com you can see what they have and what is around the campground from NY I think its about 6 hrs and might be a nice staging place to branch off for outings to boston cape cod and other places, I now that in the past tour bus have been brought in by groups to go to other places and have pick up there groups by the rec lodge and return them to same.

just a thought so if it works let me know and I'll talk with Joanne to see if she would be interested in wagon master so I can tell all if she is a go with it or not.

Mark
Old 08-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #24

Nor'easters Club
I think we all know where Normandy Farms is..or at least most of us. We had a rally there a few years ago (Frankie was the wagon master). Others may be interested. Too far for us for a weekend
I'm surprised at the little chit chat for this thread, and wonder if someone already has one planned or in mind and is just planning on announcing it at the Fall rally. As mentioned, most campgrounds will be closed once the Fall rally is held...or shortly thereafter.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We loved Normandy Farms, in fact we were there a few weeks ago. There is no perfect location where all of use can be there within a 2 or 3 hr ride. Its nice seeing others step up to the plate and offer to do a rally. Thanks for your offer Mark. I guess time will tell where the next one will be??? I CAN WAIT!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #26

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NYMoose "Lenny":
We loved Normandy Farms, in fact we were there a few weeks ago. There is no perfect location where all of use can be there within a 2 or 3 hr ride. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I'm certainly not disagreeing with that. I just commented that we have had a rally there, and for us it's further than we like to go..I'm not saying it shouldn't be there. NF is a great campground especially for the kids. You are right..just because we don't travel long distances, doesn't mean others don't want to. It is nice that Mark offered. I've thought it's nice for the few that have offered...just haven't seen many say yeah or nay. I like VT, but others might like other areas.
I'm always happy when anyone offers to do a rally..old or new, repeat or not. Again, I'm only mentioning it, because if someone doesn't already have something in place, most campgrounds in our cold area shut down in October.
Yeah, it stinks that plans need to be made ahead of time, but I know several groups we camp with have already had trouble getting places for a larger group.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #27

Nor'easters Club
I think doris is right its only suggestions that are being brought fort,I think most can handle 3 hours to 31/2 hrs. Long trips for weekend unless fully retired is hard on alot people but those who suggest are great for steping up.Most north east places close in Oct .I for one wanted to make res for place we liked next year and the time we wanted was already booked ,It seems like alot people want to get their spots now because alot feeling the pain of long hauls and wanted something with/in few hundred miles at the least.What i did was draw a 250 mile circle from me and thats as far as ill travel when i do on a vacation as for short trips ill do under 200. thats just me lol for now. We must not forget alot north easters are in Jersey as well as Pa.I usually go to lancaster area there is alot nice places in Pa as well.Im on tip of Long island theirs nothing here to go too lol.Lenny was right any place you feel thats good dont matter where it is there will be many that can make it and all will have great time as he said some can and some cant and doesnt mean they are not all good choices ,it seems alot groups being squeezed because of people makeing shorter distances to have their vac with gas and financial obligations.Just my opinions
jerry

5.3 V8 tow package 3.73 2009 Roo23ss.ultra Fab 3500,equalizer hitch 1000/10000.
jerry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #28

I think NF is a great campground.I think its great that you are stepping up to the plate Mark.Hopefully we all get to meet you one of these days.