Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #29

Nor'easters Club
By the sounds of the post so far NF is too far for the rally, for the group to go so I will not talk too my wife (Joanne) about wagon master unless the group here changes there mind and ask me to. the main thought here was that Normandy Farms is open year round and have just added more pull though sites with 50 amp service,

I want all here to understand that I understand that driving can take alot out of people. I am still young by RV standards only 48 so driving 6 hrs for a weekend trip is fun for me I would even drive from New Bedford MA to Stow VT just to take my wife out to dinner at one of her fav eating places.

But as I am a LEO driving over 16 hrs for me is just part of a days work.

I'll keep reading to see where the rally may end up too see if Joanne and I can go one of the reasons for Normandy Farms was that If Joanne was still workamping there she would have the in with the owners to try and plan things out for us.

hope we can come to some plan so dates can be check to see if I can take time off or grab some vac time to meet and greet some of the great people here on this fourm.

Mark
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #30

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Bento:
By the sounds of the post so far NF is too far for the rally, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wasn't going ot post on this thread again Mark, but I wanted to say I'm sorry you feel people thought it was too far... I was only speaking for myself, and I am the only one who thought it was a distance. I do not believe it's too far for a rally for most and I believe others feel the same. We've had one there before,the Fall rally is in RI and we've had at least three in Eastern CT. Mark, most in our group have no problem driving. We do, and it was the same when my hubby was young. But that's just US, not others. People will come no matter where a rally is held. Just because one or two won't be able to make it, doesn't mean other's won't. I think it's great you are interested in taking this on. Our coming or not coming has had or will have no impact on the rally/or place the rally will be held.
PS: we certainly don't feel old..it has nothing to do with our age. Driving long distances have always been hard with sore backs and well, a husband who sleeps while driving over a couple of hours
Old 08-25-2008, 05:29 AM   #31

Nor'easters Club
Doris Sorry in no why did I mean to say anyone here was old! what I ment to get across was that maybe at my age I am just out of touch and as I get wiser I'll learn more.

Please don't stop posting because of me and my stupid choice of words that I used. I never ment to single out any one or any group here.

Boy maybe I should take my own advice some time you all know the right to remain silent again I wisk to say that I am very sorry for what was said in my last post if anyone took it as I was implying anything it was not ment to come across that way at all omg will somone just hit me. again I am sorry to all here, Sorry

Mark
Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mark...

We love Normandy Farms especially since it's only a 40 minute drive at most from Warren. Plenty for the kids to do. Plenty of food available so Chris can avoid cooking. It works out well for us a bunch of ways.

Due to the size and geographic layout of our region, there are always going to be some people who can't make it due to the drive time. We've gone as far as NY for this year's spring rally and as close as the spring rally Frankie wagonmastered back in 2006, was it?

We have to somewhat limit our driving time because, at 43, I'm even younger than you and my kids are still in school. Everyone has limits for different reasons. Who knows, maybe next year it will be limited by $10/gal gas.

I'm thinking of taking my boys (12 and 13) up to NF for a 'guys weekend' sometime this fall. We'll visit the Patriots ProShop, Bass Pro Shop, The Red Wing Diner, Mom'South. Maybe you'd like to join us???
Old 08-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #33

Mark,
For what it's worth, I didn't get any negativity in any of your posts....

NF would be good with us, much closer than the Spring Rally was
Tom in Salem, MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #34

Nor'easters Club
Mark, I can handle being old LOL. Just meant being old isn't what stops us from traveling far. Bad backs and man who drives while sleeping does that !
I've just decided not to post about where to have a rally. It has nothing to do with anything you said. I am always happy when anyone posts and offers to be a wagon master. New, old or in between. I'm sure many will like going to NF. You said nothing wrong. It's nice that you and Lynn both offered. I'm sure it will be decided on at the fall rally by those there, or before. Wherever it is, those that can, will come, those who can't (for whatever reason..no explanations needed) won't. There is always another rally. I think I met your wife a few years ago in the pool area when we took our grands to NF..we've talked since, if that was you.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #35

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
For the most part it doesn't matter to us where the rally is located. If it's too far and we don't have extra time we just don't go and that's life. We like to go to meet up with our camping friends so what the campground is like doesn't make much difference to us. Since most of us like to go out to dinner, a restaurant within driving distance is nice but that's not essential either. Being from VT we probably have the longest drive, most of the time. But we make it work one way or another.
I wish we could find some way of choosing where rallies will be held with input from anyone who would like to put in their two cents. I offered VT but if people don't like that option, I have no hard feelings at all. But it is nice to have an online discussion so that people who might not be able to make the rally can join in on the discussion of the next rally. So at the moment we have on the table Normandy Farms or Vermont. Are there any others? Has anyone else scoped out any other campgrounds? I like the idea of trying new campgrounds and areas? I do understand some of it depends on who is willing to be wagon master as well. However we had lots of fun at Association Island and there was no official wagon master for that gathering.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #36

Lynn, we like VT too!
Whatever the majority is, it is....we're open to both, or anything yet to be offered as a suggestion.
Tom in Salem, MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #37

Nor'easters Club
Doris
Wife does work the pools and this is her 3 rd year working there so it may have been her Me I get to drive up on my days off as I work the grave yard shift here in the city we live in I am a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) LEO so I do not have alot of time to my self and try to use what time I do get to stay with her and the rest of the family.

If you would like to check out a picture of Joanne to see if it was her please go to our domain at www.bento.org you can check out the pictures of us there to see if it was her you met.

Mark
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mark... My family s all from New Bedford. Thanks for protecting them!

Tim
Old 08-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #39

Nor'easters Club
Yes, it was her. You and I 'talked' about this once before, although I didn't realize that was who I was talking to at the time. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
If you would like to check out a picture of Joanne to see if it was her k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #40

Our 3 cents on Rallies.

If you build it we will show up if we are available.

Anywhere in New England or New York is fine.

We appreciate people who step up and take the job of wagonmaster on.

Russ and Carrie
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:53 AM   #41
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well I am not trying to throw a wrench into things, nor am I offering to be the wagon master! However I just wanted to say that after 8 complete years of Spring & Fall Rallies, we have not yet been in Maine, unless that was one that I missed ! Just more food for thought, and you all know how much this group loves food,LOL !!!!

First Group of NorEasters Arrive for the Fall Rally in about 40 more Days !!!!

See you all soon !!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #42

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We are all about trying new places. We also really like Maine. However I don't want to offer to be wagon master for a rally in Maine. Saying that I think the wagon master thing is over rated. I think if anyone who wanted to just post and say lets all reserve at X campground on X date could work pretty well. Many of us are seasoned ralliers (can set up a pot luck in 1/2 a day)and we are a very friendly group so we would make sure newcomers were welcomed. I believe we would all pick up different pieces to make a successful rally.