Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
I realize the fall rally is the more important rally right now, however, since most of the campgrounds will be closing down in our area the week after the fall rally, I wonder if anyone has given thoughts to being wagon master, or a place in mind for the spring rally? We're starting to make our spring plans, and I'd like to keep whatever weekend (and hoping it isn't Mother's Day again..hey, a person can hope) the wagon master picks open. I know a few people have mentioned places to me and others, and wonder if someone has thought about being or will be volunteering for position of wagon master soon.

It would be nice to have a spot in place before the campgrounds close for the winter, and know what date to save.

Just wonderin'...no poll, no suggestions, just wondering if someone was ready to take this on before it gets too hard/late to find a place. Maybe someone already has..but since it hasn't been mentioned I thought I would throw it out there.

In the past, anyone could suggest a place and get feedback..or actually, a place used to be suggested on line, someone offered and we were good to go.

Anyone?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
I realize the fall rally is the more important rally right now, however, since most of the campgrounds will be closing down in our area the week after the fall rally, I wonder if anyone has given thoughts to being wagon master, or a place in mind for the spring rally? We're starting to make our spring plans, and I'd like to keep whatever weekend (and hoping it isn't Mother's Day again..hey, a person can hope) the wagon master picks open. I know a few people have mentioned places to me and others, and wonder if someone has thought about being or will be volunteering for position of wagon master soon.

It would be nice to have a spot in place before the campgrounds close for the winter, and know what date to save.

Just wonderin'...no poll, no suggestions, just wondering if someone was ready to take this on before it gets too hard/late to find a place. Maybe someone already has..but since it hasn't been mentioned I thought I would throw it out there.

In the past, anyone could suggest a place and get feedback..or actually, a place used to be suggested on line, someone offered and we were good to go.

Anyone?
Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll tell ya we went to Bayles in Scarbough Me. huge spots all new big rig section on Asley Pond, it would be a great place for a rally. Has anybody been there lately? They have done alot of work. Just throwing something out there.

al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Well, that's one suggestion..were you giving a campground, or did you think you wanted to try being a wagon master? I know a couple other people had thoughts and places and mentioned them at the Spring rally..anyone else going to offer up their thoughts in this thread? We've been or have reservations this year to several campgrounds we didn't even know about before this year..I bet a lot of you have new and exciting places.

If someone already has something in mind, I sure hope it gets shared. Here are a few campgrounds, incase someone is thinking of being a wagon master, but didn't have a campground they thought would work.

Waubeeka in Copake, NY is a nice campground. Nice flat area with full hookups and a pavilion. I've camped there and enjoyed it. It would be closer to NJ for those folks down that way.

The campground we went to in VT..Horseshoe Acres, on one of our first rally's was very nice. Most of you haven't been there. It poured, but we were offered a very nice indoor area to eat and play games in.

My neighbor goes to the Brimfield flea markets and has camped at Oak Haven. I think Gerry has been there also, and might have thoughts on it. I don't know if they have a pavilion.

There are several more in the Adirondack area, but I know those would be a ways for some of you.

Just some thoughts and hoping someone will jump in with an offer of being wagon master, and of course I selfishly am hoping for an idea of the spring date of the rally. Maybe something has already been planned. If so, I hope it gets shared.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #5

As far as I know,no discussion until the fall rally.Doris are you going,dont think I saw your name.If not you will be missed,I will let you know when we find out.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do I understand correctly, there can be no discussion of the spring rally until the fall and those of us who cannot attend are not allowed to share our thoughts or have input?

I am somewhat concerned that our only rule has always been that there are no rules, other than common sense politeness to one another, and that we do not have a power structure to dictate to us.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #7

Holy Moly, were the heck did that come from. Sorry if you misunderstood me or I didnt phrase it right.I guess I meant to write traditionaly it was always talked about at the preceding rally,you can talk about anything you want to talk about here,you know that.You are getting ahead of yourself.Seeing that I wasnt at the last rally,maybe I missed something.Right now I dont care enough about this petty stuff,to much serious stuff to deal with

Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
No Frankie, we are not attending

If we wait until the Fall rally, I'm afraid it will be hard to get a place. Most campgrounds close after Columbus Day, and I know that a couple are already pretty booked in the spring. With gas prices and many more people camping and becoming seasonal, places are getting booked way in advance. We may not like planning that far in advance, but it's a sign of the times .

We used to discuss it nicely on the board, and people would come up with ideas, and then someone would offer. It was that easy. It's only been recently that it's been more discussed/decided at the actual rally's.

Also, someone not attending the fall rally may be interested in being a wagon master.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:
As far as I know,no discussion until the fall rally.Doris are you going,dont think I saw your name.If not you will be missed,I will let you know when we find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #9

I thinks its great having this topic posted. Doris, no one has been responding,so thought a few words would get it going.I was disapointed to see you werent coming to the fall rally,so I wrote that as soon as I got word I would fill you in. Once again its a good topic.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I asked if I understood correctly what you wrote with the phraseology you used, thanks for the clarification.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:23 AM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Well I'll throw out a possibility. I spoke to a few people about this at the spring rally. I haven't said anything because I haven't had a chance to go and take pics of the campground yet. There is a little campground in our town. We would virtually have the campground to ourselves. If I remember right there would be about 25 sites, water/electric but no sewer. The date would have to be early in May before their seasonals come in. I know Vermont is a far way for some but it might be fun to have most of the campground for ourselves. There is no pavillion but he does have a party size tent that he would set up for us. The name of the campground is Country Village in Brandon. I would be willing to be wagon master/mistress and in that capacity would arrange some side trips and/or entertainment, and/or catered meals. I'm putting this out there for discussion.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Mapquest says 2 hours 10 minutes from our house..do I have the right place/website? Does that sound right? That's good for us.

You mentioned early May..Mother's Day is May 10th..so are you talking that weekend, or possibly the weekend before or after (Ok, so can you tell I'm really hoping it's not Mother's Day this year LOL)? The site I found says opens mid May.

Do you know Lynn, if he offers pump out service, or maybe that can be something negogiated with him? We can go a long weekend, but I know there are some with kids or bigger families that can't. And hey, if we have the place to ourselves, maybe that NorEaster band can get some practice time in, and entertain us LOL.

Catered meal sounds good, or even hot dog and hamburgs. Simple is good LOL..the older I get, the less I like to cook LOL.

Maine sounds good too..haven't been there since our honeymoon. Just a bit far for us though (that falling asleep at the wheel thing with Gil LOL). It is a state we haven't been to yet with our group.

Off to camping for the weekend..good to see a couple possibilities.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Those are all questions I asked the owner when I contacted him. I wrote it down on a paper which I have now lost. So I will either find the paper or call him again. The owners listed on the VT Campgrounds website is incorrect. They are the old owners and hence the bad review listed on a rv review site is from the old owners. This summer was the first season for the new owners, John & Chris Harriman.
2 1/2 hours sounds about right. They don't seem to have their own website.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Doris when gil starts to fall asleep you take over driving so he can get nap,Thats what i do about ten oclock time for nap nance drives till lunch then i drive again.