RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #1

Hi All

Those of you NorEasters that know us have probably had an occasion to ask "Where and How are Ken and Carol? so I thought I would take a minute and give you a review of 2005. We REALLY missed seeing all of you this year and we hope to remedy that situation in 2006.

2005 started out with the bad news that Carol had been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm really happy to say that Carol has responded to all her treatments very well and is well on her way to a full recovery. Also at that time I found out my job was in jeopardy, we've since dropped from 100 employees to 30 but I'm still working. (two years to retirement)

We met with some of you at the Ivanhoe in Feb. for the annual NorEasters breakfest and it was great being with as many of our friends as could make it there. This is a tradition that I "hope" will continue even though Mike T. may be heading south next winter.

As most of you know in order to show support for Carol and my sister (who was also dealing with breast cancer) I decided to walk in and raise money for the Susan G. Koman 60 mile walk last July, Thanks for ALL the support from our NorEaster friends. This was my first walk and it was a challenge both physically and emotionally. I'm not and athelete, I'd rather have a cold beer than walk a mile, so I had to really train hard to successfully complete the walk which required WAY MORE time than I had planned. Four weeks before the walk at a fund raiser dance for our walking team I wrecked my knee and had to have emergency surgery. After the surgery my doctor told me there was know way I'd be ready for the walk BUT with the help of a great PT and trainer at the gym I was able to make the entire walk AND finished third among the hundreds on men entered. I could not have done any of this with out Carol's support and the support of all my friends. My knee is still weak to this day but I'm slowly working it back into shape.

August brought our annual summer vacation in Maine. So off we went with the camper and boat for a much needed break from the real world. This was also the ONLY TIME was was able to go fishing this year. This is a situation I have to fix, I know there a several big bass out there just waiting to torment me.

Our work schedules didn't allow us to make the fall NorEasters rally which we really wanted to attend. Before we knew it it was time to put the camper to bed for the winter and winterize the boat with the promiss to each other that 2006 would be a better year.

Carol and I want to wish all the NorEasters a very Happy New Year, we hope your New Year is full of good health, good friends and most of all time to enjoy life. Happy New Year! Ken & Carol Hatch

1997 Blazer 202DC bass boat, (Mercury225hp ProMax)
Ken Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #2

Hi All

Those of you NorEasters that know us have probably had an occasion to ask "Where and How are Ken and Carol? so I thought I would take a minute and give you a review of 2005. We REALLY missed seeing all of you this year and we hope to remedy that situation in 2006.

2005 started out with the bad news that Carol had been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm really happy to say that Carol has responded to all her treatments very well and is well on her way to a full recovery. Also at that time I found out my job was in jeopardy, we've since dropped from 100 employees to 30 but I'm still working. (two years to retirement)

We met with some of you at the Ivanhoe in Feb. for the annual NorEasters breakfest and it was great being with as many of our friends as could make it there. This is a tradition that I "hope" will continue even though Mike T. may be heading south next winter.

As most of you know in order to show support for Carol and my sister (who was also dealing with breast cancer) I decided to walk in and raise money for the Susan G. Koman 60 mile walk last July, Thanks for ALL the support from our NorEaster friends. This was my first walk and it was a challenge both physically and emotionally. I'm not and athelete, I'd rather have a cold beer than walk a mile, so I had to really train hard to successfully complete the walk which required WAY MORE time than I had planned. Four weeks before the walk at a fund raiser dance for our walking team I wrecked my knee and had to have emergency surgery. After the surgery my doctor told me there was know way I'd be ready for the walk BUT with the help of a great PT and trainer at the gym I was able to make the entire walk AND finished third among the hundreds on men entered. I could not have done any of this with out Carol's support and the support of all my friends. My knee is still weak to this day but I'm slowly working it back into shape.

August brought our annual summer vacation in Maine. So off we went with the camper and boat for a much needed break from the real world. This was also the ONLY TIME was was able to go fishing this year. This is a situation I have to fix, I know there a several big bass out there just waiting to torment me.

Our work schedules didn't allow us to make the fall NorEasters rally which we really wanted to attend. Before we knew it it was time to put the camper to bed for the winter and winterize the boat with the promiss to each other that 2006 would be a better year.

Carol and I want to wish all the NorEasters a very Happy New Year, we hope your New Year is full of good health, good friends and most of all time to enjoy life. Happy New Year! Ken & Carol Hatch

1997 Blazer 202DC bass boat, (Mercury225hp ProMax)
Ken Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ken,
You are absolutely correct, on several occasions we have asked each other "I wonder how Ken and Carol are doing?" It's nice to hear that every thing is improving and that the New Year looks brighter.

We often think of Jim and Mary Jo (Jpal) also, hope all is well with them.

Happy New Year to you folks and to all the NorEasters.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:21 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Sorry we haven't been in touch lately. Jim and I are doing okay. I am feeling fine, but not looking forward to my next six-month checkup. Alway a fear that they will find something and pray that they won't.

Holiday time brought a scare to our family when our 8 year old grandson (Freddy) was rushed to the hospital with mono. He stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks (through Christmas) and we are happy to say that he came home the other day. He will need physical, occupational and speech therapy for a while, but we are hopeful that he will make a complete recovery.

2005 has been a rough year for us, but some good news is that we are having a new home built in Mooresville, N.C. We will retire there after the holidays in 2006. Both our girls and their families will follow shortly thereafter.

I hope everything is well with you and that you are enjoying snowbirding. We plan to attend the 'breakfast' in February. Hope to see you there. Happy New Year to all.

1995 Winnebago Vectra 35 RQ
Jpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:06 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
So nice to hear from you, and looking forward to seeing you both in February. How wonderful for you, that you get to move and still have your family nearby. So glad your grandson is on the mend, and how sad for him to be in the hospital over Christmas. What a tough year you have had.

Hopefully 2006 will bring nothing but joy both to your family and Ken and Carol.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:14 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Hi Everyone

Judy and I are glad to see 2005 leave.
We are looking foward to a better New Year.

We wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ken,
Firts of all I would like to wish you and Carol the best, Next year has to be better. This has bene a horrible year for many, I know I have lost quite a few who were close to me, and it has been rough through the holidays. Maryjo, you are in my prayers, Keep your head up, and remember you need to have that positive thinking. You have a new life to start in NC, so think positive to the brite future! I hope Freddy gets better soon. He was a cute kid when we met in in NJ.

I am looking foward to leaving 2005 behind...and looking foward to 2006, hopefully with a better attitude

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:54 PM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
2005 saw us fulfilling a long time dream, that being, new house ownership and a home in the "Low Country". Although we're not in the North "East" we're still in the South "East" and at least "East" is still somewhat close to all of our Friends.

Colleen and I look forward to seeing all of our Nor'Easter friends in Cape May this June. Remember ya'll come and see us ya hear! We'll rustle up a possum on the grill or something like that!

Until then we wish you a most Happy & Healthy New Year!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:54 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Hi Ken & Carol and all our Nor'Easter friends (including Mike & Colleen)! It's nice to have updates as we begin the new year. It seems that many of us had some problems in '05. George was pretty much out of commission from the end of July until at least November with his back. He is slowly recuperating and is much better now. We should be back for full camping next summer. I know this will be a much better year for all the Nor'Easters. We have had our bad times in '05 and '06 is going to bring everything fun and good.
Take care good friends. Happy 2006!