Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Florida Cooters
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #15

Coastal Campers
OOpps! We're on site # 1. Thanks, Dave!
Jon and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #16

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon and Sharon View Post
OOpps! We're on site # 1. Thanks, Dave!
Thanks for letting me know!
I updated the original post.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #17

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I just checked the Reserve America website and Stephen Foster State Park has been fully booked for December 12-17, 2012. If anyone thinks they would be interested in camping there during that weekend, I recommend they periodically check the RA website for possible cancellations. There is also a nearby private campground that may have spaces available during that time period.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Apologies for sounding uninformed, but what are the dates and exact location for this event. I plan to schedule my retirement around the timing of this event. We are from Orlando (Apopka) and have an interest in attending. I am a pro photographer interested in floating around the room taking spontaneous photos. (moderator edit). We are ready to go to the next phase of enjoyment and travel in our 2011 Tiffin, Phaeton Motorhome.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonL View Post
Apologies for sounding uninformed, but what are the dates and exact location for this event. I plan to schedule my retirement around the timing of this event. We are from Orlando (Apopka) and have an interest in attending. I am a pro photographer interested in floating around the room taking spontaneous photos. (moderator edit). We are ready to go to the next phase of enjoyment and travel in our 2011 Tiffin, Phaeton Motorhome.
Information on our get-together can be found in the first post on this thread. Last time I checked, the park is fully booked during December 12-17 though some folks aren't staying for the full five days. An occasional cancellation happens so I would suggest checking Reserve America from time to time to see if a site opens up for any time during that period.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #20

We will not be attending this camp out and will be canceling our site. We are on site 13. If there is someone that is interested in the site, please pm me so we can coordinate our canceling the site so it can be reserved immediately after.. I will be canceling in the next week if I don't hear from anyone.
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #21

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Jon and Sharon,

Did you cancel??
Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #22

Coastal Campers
Yes, Dave. Sadly we had to cancel. Jon was asked by his niece to walk her down the aisle. We will be busy with wedding rehearsal and wedding reception and it was just too hectic to go to Stephen Foster just a couple days after the wedding. We'll be busy with wedding plans for 5 days. Jon can't be away from work for too long. I was really looking to seeing everyone, but we have too much going on.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #23

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks. Now, what's happening with Tom & Dee? Their site looked like it became available earlier today but has again been reserved.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #24

Coastal Campers
I don't know, Dave. I haven't spoken to Tom and Dee about Stephen Foster, so I really don't know.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #25

Jinny and I have had to cancel our reservations. The good news is that Paula and Chuck picked up our site (site 14) for Dec 14th - 16th. Will see you down the road
ED
Ed.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #26

We are going to be joining you at Stephen Foster Site 10.
Dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #27

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We've been 'off the grid' for a couple of weeks. Just getting back on and catching up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed.C View Post
Jinny and I have had to cancel our reservations. The good news is that Paula and Chuck picked up our site (site 14) for Dec 14th - 16th. Will see you down the road
ED
Ed and Jinny, Sorry you can't make it. I know Paula and Chuck were wanting to come, so I'm happy that worked out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dually View Post
We are going to be joining you at Stephen Foster Site 10.
Dually, already had you on the list from way back. I must have gotten that from the NEFLCC site. Looking forward to seeing you.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #28

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Update

Of the MG & GE, we've got the Meet and Greet part licked by just getting there. However, the Go Eat part may be more problematic.

The Telford House hotel, which offered the great weekend buffet last year, has since closed. To my knowledge, the only remaining eatery in White Springs is a small but good bbq joint in town. Any serious going out to eat will have to be done in Lake City, about 13 miles to the south of the park. Most any of the popular restaurants can be found there. We can figure out if and where and when we want to go when we get to the campground.

There is no pavilion in the immediate campground area for group gatherings. So any get togethers will have to be at one of the campsites. We are on site 6 which is fairly good size. There are fire rings at the campsites and we have a propane campfire. If anyone wants a wood fire, please bring some.

We are not planning a pot-luck, but if someone wants to organize one, please feel free to do so.

Be advised that unless something has changed, there are no grocery stores and maybe a convenience store in White Springs. Any serious grocery shopping will have to be done in Lake City or Live Oak. So bring what you need with you, unless you want to take a drive.

I'll bring along our Cornhole boards and ladder golf games. If anyone has any games they want to bring, please do so. The park roads are lightly traveled during the daytime and are good for bicycling. However, at dusk and after dark, the roads become crowded with folks looking at the Christmas lights.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.