Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Florida Cooters
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Smile Cooter info for 2015 Fall

Hi All, Whats going on for the fall of 2015? I live in north port now 3yrs, just camped at mayaka st pk 3/10 and will head north to mass 4/18 Looking for something this fall, oct,nov,dec, paul/joann
pjkellrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkellrvers View Post
Hi All, Whats going on for the fall of 2015? I live in north port now 3yrs, just camped at mayaka st pk 3/10 and will head north to mass 4/18 Looking for something this fall, oct,nov,dec, paul/joann
Unless there are other old Cooters lurking and not posting, this is a site sadly in need of a new group of members. If you have some place in mind where you want to meet next fall, go ahead and post the information on this forum and see who shows up. At worst, you spend a few days by yourself at a place you wanted to go anyway. At best, you may meet up with other folks who share your interests. Either way, it beats not going anywhere.

The poor economy and health reasons did a number on many of the original Boomers/Cooters. Despite the resurgence in RVing, most of those original members have not returned to RVing, at least not on this forum.

Personally, we're still out there, but not as much as we used to be. We plan on attending the national rally in Nashville in September but have little else in the way of RVing scheduled. Since we got interested in cruises, those have taken a big bite out of our time and discretionary funds.

Since yours was the first post on this forum in six months, maybe you've started something. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Smile cooter info

Half dimes, Thanks for the response. I guess i am guilty of not paying attention to the forum. No excuse but i just happened to stuble on the site and i said to myself what a nice idea to do something with my fellow rvers..I can understand your reasoning and i am up there at 77 but pretty healthy so i think i have some gas left. Maybe some of the younger rvers will get something started and i will check back in and maybe we will cross path's somewhere down the road. Enjo the Rally. Paul/joann
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
pjkellrvers,
I noticed you're a member of the Nor'easters. Don't know if you know there's a bunch of transplanted Nor'easters (or snowbirds, not sure) that hang out at Wilderness Resort just east of Ocala. Maybe one of them may chime in with their activities next fall.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:10 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Smile cooter/noreasters

Yes Half Dimes, Haven't done much with them either(my fault) I did follow them for awhile..nice people..too much going on at the time? Slowing down now with time on my hands.Salt water fisherman here...Cape cod this summer. Cape codders rally at scusset beach in aug....paul...
Old 04-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #6

I am here in North Tampa area and looking for rv enthusiast to do things within reasonable distance as I am several years to retire, making longer trips more difficult. We live in Florida, there are tons of good places to go
Pacakazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Smile Florida doings

Hi Pacakazz, Good to hear from you. I am maybe 90 miles south of you but I hear there is a lot going on up your way. I visit family up in Dade City and stayed at a fewcampgrounds up that way. We leave for mass the 19th but maybe we can get something going in the fall. Keep posting maybe others will chime in. I can travel north anytime. Paul.....
Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #8

Dade city is only a couple miles from me, and there are some cool places around this area, rivers, lakes, hunting, nature, etc...
And additionally, I actually was looking at Mayakka earlier today before I saw this post. I want to check this place out as soon as I can.
If you want to set something up for a group, I am in...
Just let us know. Do not know if you or "half dimes" has ideas to rebuild this group.
If you need suggestions on locations for a group gathering in central Florida, I will provide whatever suggestions I can.
Pacakazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Smile fl. cooter info 2015

Pacakazz, Myaka st. Pk. Is awesome, the pallmetto ridge section we stay at the last 5 times is awesome. 90 feet long concrete pads with Full hookups, sewer. Wi fi free hot spot at the resturant/snack bar store is good. Wildlife all over the place, huge area to hike canoe etc. Exit 210 I think as I am off 192 river rd exit. Just twenty minutes from us in sarasota, also we do Oscar Shearer in Osprey which is very nice. We get back around oct 1st so maybe we can stir up some interest in a get together or whatever......paul
Old 04-16-2015, 07:48 AM   #10

It may be quite a trip for those not in N FL, but the Blue Angles final air show is November 06-07 at Pensacola NAS. You can watch the show from Ft Pickens which is across the bay and avoid the 100,00+ people at the show. You have to be careful about picking a site as some of them are really small.
Ed-Helen pns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Smile Blue Angels

Thanks for the info. From venice area its a ways but i will keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing.Paul
Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #12

I'll look back in September to see if the Myakka State Park thing is a go. I'd love to meet up with other campers from FL. It been a while but I hear the alligators get up close and personal at that park as do the deer and the great heron. If anyone is interested in Jupiter we spend a lot of time at Jonathan Dickenson State Park. Sites are large and open. Its a big park but we like the Jupiter area and the beaches the best. Our State Parks are great at $14 a day for full hook ups but the snow birds fill them up quick during the season.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:21 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Smile Fall rv ing

Hi D in Davie, Nice to hear from ya, Yes i have heard that Johnathan dickens is a nice park and i hope to get there one day, We were in St,Anastasia a couple of weeks ago on our way north to mass. We haven't done too much camping on the east coast as we live on the gulf side. Myarka is only minutes away and your right Florida has some really beautiful campgrounds and we use them when the snow birds leave mostly in the fall. Myacka is a hidden jewel and i wish our friends on this forum could visit it and see the park. 14 bucks for full hookups is a bargain. I have a bro. in Stuart / st.lucie and stay at Phipps park (county park) on the canal locks which is nice to watch the boats go thru. Hope we can get some interest in a get together and swap stories which is allways interesting in the fall. paul/joann
Old 05-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to usnret997 Send a message via MSN to usnret997 Send a message via Yahoo to usnret997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Helen pns View Post
It may be quite a trip for those not in N FL, but the Blue Angles final air show is November 06-07 at Pensacola NAS. You can watch the show from Ft Pickens which is across the bay and avoid the 100,00+ people at the show. You have to be careful about picking a site as some of them are really small.
We're going to be out at Blue angel park on Memorial Day Week end. Are you going to be around then. I plan on smoking a Boston Butt on Saturday. You're welcome to stop by.
usnret997 is offline   Reply With Quote