Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Florida Cooters
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
Here's a link to an old iRV2 Florida Boomers website that has a picture from a rally we had at Rock Crusher Canyon in Crystal River in 2004 or 2005, I think.
I foiund myself and the wife in the picture.... boy that was a long time ago. that is the bulding we had breakfast in and later that day some of us went to play golf. Those were good time back then. Now we belong to the Northeast Florida Camping Club and don't get to Central and South Florida all that much.
jaxfl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Boomers/cooters

Driver the picture or the original rally brought back great memories. Cindy and I (Tom) are in the second photo sitting on the ground, time sure does fly by, we still own the florist shop and do get out once in awhile with a camping group called The freewheelers for central florida. Cindy has gone back to college to become a Vet Tech, has one more year to go. We do go under Beaver 08 now . I dont gety on the site too much but am going to try to be more active, I do tell alot of people about it since it provides so much help and information.
To Dave and Jo Ann-- we miss seeing all the old group, especially all your hats! Will keep an eye on this site and try to catch up with you this year somewhere. With Cindy in school, it has limited our travels.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #17

Boy that brings back memories! That was our 2nd trip in our 5er. We now own a MH and our dd is almost 13(next month!) time flies. Keep having fun. We do a lot of camping on our own because our schedule is so flexible with homeschooling but we have also camped with South FL pop ups, FL Pop ups and the NorthEast FL camping club. Gotta go where the kids are.....
we3peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver 08 View Post
Driver the picture or the original rally brought back great memories. Cindy and I (Tom) are in the second photo sitting on the ground, time sure does fly by .....
We miss you guys! Please consider coming to the 11th National Rally in Bethpage, VA. if you can get away. It would be nice seeing you guys again.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Although we have been inactive for awhile, we often think of many of the Boomer (now Cooter) group and always recall some of the fond memories and fun times we have had. Barb and I still try and get on the road for short trips once a month. Hopefully when we retire for the second time in October, we can become more active again. We are already planning another trip to north GA in mid-October. We hope to meet up with everyone somewhere down the road......
Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #20

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
Although we have been inactive for awhile, we often think of many of the Boomer (now Cooter) group and always recall some of the fond memories and fun times we have had. Barb and I still try and get on the road for short trips once a month. Hopefully when we retire for the second time in October, we can become more active again. We are already planning another trip to north GA in mid-October. We hope to meet up with everyone somewhere down the road......
Good to hear from you folks again. I think we met up with you back in '03-'05 when we were having almost monthly rallies. Time has taken its toll on our numbers but the Boomers/Cooters will rise again. Don't forget that a bunch of us will be camping at Stephen Foster in December.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #21

Would like some info on the Stephen Foster get together in Dec.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #22

Florida Cooters Club
Hi we r from the original boomers(05-06) and would like to like to see all of u again . we have just got back to camping .

Granny Sandy KI4CSO
granny sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #23

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Would like some info on the Stephen Foster get together in Dec.
Here is the thread for that subject. We're not a very formal group and at this point we have no planned activities except to walk around and see the lights. As time gets nearer, we'll probably talk about going to eat someplace as well as have a campfire one or two nights. I'll probably bring my cornhole game for anyone interested. Come join us!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #24

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny sandy View Post
Hi we r from the original boomers(05-06) and would like to like to see all of u again . we have just got back to camping .
Hey Sandy! Haven't heard from you folks since the rally down in Sarasota a few years ago. Glad to hear you're back! All we got going right now is Christmas at Stephen Foster (see my previous post). As you know, our numbers have thinned out some but a few of us are still at it. Right now we're on the road and will be going to the national rally in Sept. Maybe this fall we can get something going.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #25

Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
Hey Sandy! Haven't heard from you folks since the rally down in Sarasota a few years ago. Glad to hear you're back! All we got going right now is Christmas at Stephen Foster (see my previous post). As you know, our numbers have thinned out some but a few of us are still at it. Right now we're on the road and will be going to the national rally in Sept. Maybe this fall we can get something going.
We r glad to be able to get back , we have talked about the boomers often . When we were looking at the names didn't reconize very many names . Lou said we may be able to come in Dec. sounds like it will be nice.

Granny Sandy KI4CSO
granny sandy is offline   Reply With Quote