Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Florida Cooters
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #1

Soft Floor Replace Clearwater/St. Petersburg

Due to a leaking toilet the small floor (2’ x 4’) in my bathroom has become soft. No one wants to replace the floor for me. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
2015 Coachmen 24G.
falcon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2021, 08:50 AM   #2

A local small RV dealer should be able to get you a repairman or have their repairman do the job. Else find a knowledgeable and "withit" skilled hany person who is willing to tackle something new and exciting!

Looks like your subfloor is wet toast, you will have to remove the throne etc, extract every thing, put in a new marine grade thickness to match original ply and rebuild the whole area one logical step at a time. If you are lucky the manufacturer will provide you with prints to ease the dismantling and reconstruction process. Else you can haule yourself and rig back to manuf after making appointment and they can do it in their shop. One of my purchases a brand new unit has a delam that became visible when I got home! I called the dealer who referred me to the manuf, who said come on in we will take care of it. We arrived there in South Bend Indiana area, they gave us keys to a spanking new unit, said go tour the area and come back or stay and watch. I had em take pics while I took pics of the surrounding areas! Came back they had to pull the insides and outside wall out and rebuild a new one.

It was a great unit, so reliable as so good well great. When it was at the shop they literally went over every inch of it and made sure it was just so. I rate that company as the best of the best alas they are no longer in business.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #3

Thank you for the great information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
A local small RV dealer should be able to get you a repairman or have their repairman do the job. Else find a knowledgeable and "withit" skilled hany person who is willing to tackle something new and exciting!

Looks like your subfloor is wet toast, you will have to remove the throne etc, extract every thing, put in a new marine grade thickness to match original ply and rebuild the whole area one logical step at a time. If you are lucky the manufacturer will provide you with prints to ease the dismantling and reconstruction process. Else you can haule yourself and rig back to manuf after making appointment and they can do it in their shop. One of my purchases a brand new unit has a delam that became visible when I got home! I called the dealer who referred me to the manuf, who said come on in we will take care of it. We arrived there in South Bend Indiana area, they gave us keys to a spanking new unit, said go tour the area and come back or stay and watch. I had em take pics while I took pics of the surrounding areas! Came back they had to pull the insides and outside wall out and rebuild a new one.

It was a great unit, so reliable as so good well great. When it was at the shop they literally went over every inch of it and made sure it was just so. I rate that company as the best of the best alas they are no longer in business.
falcon50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, floor, replace, water