Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Florida Cooters
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #1

OK, it has been to calm in here with no one saying anything about upcoming camp outs. Who is going to Soggy Bottom? List still the same for the "Cooter Festival"?

Derek aka The Captain

2006 Permobil Wheelchair
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #2

OK, it has been to calm in here with no one saying anything about upcoming camp outs. Who is going to Soggy Bottom? List still the same for the "Cooter Festival"?

Derek aka The Captain

2006 Permobil Wheelchair
Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You're right, Derek. Much too quiet around here.

Don't know if it's fuel prices, the crummy economy, the heat and humidity, or people not knowing what the Cooters are about, but definitely not much activity.

To lurkers and/or newbies, we don't bite and our rallies only cost whatever the camping fee is. We're not highly organized, there's no membership fees, there's no rules except the no black socks with sandals thing. Any questions? Feel free to ask.....
Old 09-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #4

Sorry that we haven't been on the site very much. We have not been out in the RV since end of July due to ill parents up North, heat, and school starting.

I'm working full time again with summer off. I'm working as a certified aide for Exceptional Students at Rick's middle school. I'm loving it, but now know why Rick comes home totally exhausted, both mentally and physically. The administrator head of the department(Rick)is working me hard, but I'm feeling more rewarded and valuable than I've felt in jobs that paid 3 times the salary.

We are going to Cooterfest--see that link.

2004 Infinity 36A
Kissimmee Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #5

But the cooters is silly name
taken from a -n - other, the FL Boomers had
a perfect ring, take a good step go back
and revive, Still Scotty n Moira
Have fun dont try n imitate other groups
the BOOMERS IN FLORIDUH For Good Fun must
RETURN
SCOTTYbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #6

Scottybob good to hear you are still out there. The name of the group may have changed but we are still florida's IRV2 contact group. We are trying to revive the interest in group camping in Florida so come on out and join in the fun.

2004 Infinity 36A
Old 10-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #7

Hi Rick & all old boomer friends, one of these
days we will join ya again, we enjoyed our time At Ranch, Hard times are affecting the
RV roaming, Fuel, site costs, ect,
Why dont you try to get group together in
Ocala, The are offering free wash, will give good rates for 2/3 nights ( TURNING WHEEL of
Ocala, Within easy reach, A get together
For BOOMER REVIVAL WEEKEND, Oh yes its only
a few miles for us, But A GET together is the
needed agenda We are ok exept NOV 8th thats
our 45th anni, since im saveing on fuel
20-50 burgers 50-100 dogs 10-20 steaks,> beans
onions-m/rooms slaw ect by A<N>other
But please no funny names only Scotty N Moira
for us Bring yer barbie, Wife, Gf, kids ect
lets have a fun 2/3 days soon
SCOTTYbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Since I see some of the old timers reporting in, I will pass on an update as to what has been happening at our end....

Barb and I are still alive and still have our Country Coach. It has not gotten much use the past several months due to caring for aging and ailing parents on both sides. Barb's dad passed away a few years ago and her mom has been going down hill since. It has gotten to the point her health is failing and is no longer able to live on her own.

So, I now have a live-in mother-in-law as of a month ago. At the same time I went back to work on a full time basis under a 3 year contract with the US Navy. Barb and her mom says I went back to work to get away from them. I will never admit to it. Barb's mom is a sweetheart though and she has always been pleasant to be around. We are now facing Barb's mom having surgery for cancer on Friday.

My mother and dad have had there share of illnesses and surgeries as well. My mom has been in the hospital now for almost 7 weeks. She is finally beginning to show some recovery and we are all hoping she will get to go home in the coming weeks.

I guess the health issues can be expected when you reach the mid 80's as are the parents. Other than that....we are doing great and looking to the day we can hit the road again!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #9

Jim & Barb,
You must have known that we all have been wondering about you. Sorry to hear about your family illnesses but we can relatedd with cheryl's Mother and My Father going through similar situations. I do believe that Scotty as the right idea and we should plan areunion campout.

2004 Infinity 36A
Old 10-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #10

Scotty & Moira,
Great idea for a campout,how about setting a date and location and we can see how many can attend.

2004 Infinity 36A
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #11

Starr is recouping from a bad leg break. I have two weeks vacation coming up - I'm trying to talk her into a long weekend jaunt close by. We haven't been out since June...
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #12

Well, here is a country not heard from lately -- as many of you know, we sold our motorhome this summer and are no longer in the RVing mode. It was a tough decision to make but in the long run it was best for us. We are, however, willing to meet somewhere and we will just have to break down a sleep in a motel(????). We love you guys and really miss being with you!!!
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #13

Newgrama,
Don't be too hard on yourslves. I too had to give up the MH after having trouble getting in and out and just manuvering about the MH. I now have a small handicap conversion van that I am gooing to try nto camp with the cooters from time to time.

Derek aka The Captain

2006 Permobil Wheelchair
Old 10-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #14

Coastal Campers
Hi there all-
Its really has been too quiet here-we really miss all the campouts with all of us this past summer.We are on the road for 10 days- at disney until Monday then heading to north Georgia -Riverbend campground-we want to see fall foliage-color changes.Maybe get in some fly fishing.Not sure where we will end up- just hitting the road. I hope you been doing ok derek- been thinking of you. Jan- i sure hope we will see you soon,i need Mr Bill to do our all nighter. It should be getting time to plan our christmas party-I know times are tough but is there still interest in a christmas party? You know me- i want one.

Jon- aka-HATMAN-(still have them)
Jon and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote