Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #15

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hmmm... The posting I thought I entered here last night... didn't Here's a picture of the squirrel chainsaw carving. BTW- more rain today. It was dry until the afternoon. Then back to the same old, same old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Squirrel chainsaw carving outside.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	99624  
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Been at Mohican all week. I little rain here and there. River is way up, but can still kayak and raft. Many changes here at the state park. All pads have been repaved, 17 more full service sites, some double wide paved sites added, a "splash pool" being added to the pool, new 50 amp electric boxes in every site. They are redoing the cabins starting Dec 15th.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm surprised, with all the rain that's gone through even north of here, the creekside sites wouldn't be flooded.

Good news on the updates to the CG. Hope more are coming for other OH SP's. I'm guessing the other year when ODNR asked us for input (which I gave them a WHOLE BUNCH) when they got the funds, they finally got around to spending some of that $$.

Where are the double-wide sites?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had one of the larger creekside sites (#100). Was able to kayak or tube everyday in the creek. Yes, it was much higher than normal, but we didn't get that one big rain storm mid-week that went just south of us.

Many improvements at Mohican State park. Total re-pave of the whole campground, all new 50 amp electrical service posts, splash pool being built next to the pool, 17 more "full service" sites, about 6-7 site pads are now double wide. In Dec., the 25 cabins will be closed for a re-model.

Did a nice re-pavement job which included grinding up the old layer. The one problem is they should have made the aprons larger to swing into the sites. They used some of the old ground up pavement to run a 18" border along all the edges of the new paved areas, but without really having made the aprons wider to pull into a site, there are some deep ruts being dug into the sides of the campground roads with people trying to get their RV into some of the sites.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I...Where are the double-wide sites?

Lori-
Inquiring minds want to know.

Lori-
Old 07-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #20

Send the rain my way! Could really use a week or so of a nice slow rain.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
...Where are the double-wide sites?

Lori-
There are manufactured sectional homes called "doublewides", but I think most of them would be too big for a "double-wide" campsite.

...now, back to our regularly scheduled program...
Old 07-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
HA!

After today's forecast rain, we're scheduled for 4 days straight (yes, I said 4 days) of no rain weather. I just won't know how to act if I'm not carrying an umbrella with me wherever I go.

L-
Old 07-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am on my third thunderstorm TODAY here in S.E. GA (McIntosh County) and 2nd Severe Storm Warning.. Rain nearly every night for I do not even remember the last day it did not.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry. "Double wide sites" The paved section of the site is double wide. Some are asphalt and others are cement. I kind of thought there were ADA sites. The lady at the office said yes people with disabilities can reserve them, but they are open to anyone. I'll even go out on a limb and say they are really wide.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:03 AM   #25

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I've seen ADA sites at SP's in PA that are like that. Many times the picnic table is on a paved surface to make access to it easier for those with disabilities.

On the subject of weather, there's been a noticeable improvement in the weather for the past week here too... and they're forecasting the drier weather to continue for a while, so maybe I can finally get a load of gravel at the Home Base to complete the turnaround for the TT so I don't have to back it in all the way from the bottom of our street.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #26

I'm not surprised that you're getting rain in a county whose name means "raincoat" in the UK!

In the great Northwet, (NW Washington State), we haven't had any of our usual "miserable precipitation" for several weeks. The maple trees in our yard have already dropped most of their leaves, and even the rhodies are looking very sad. The only things that look anywhere near normal are the ceanothus and escallonias. If a spark hit the lawn, I think it would go "bang".
Old 07-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #27

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Wow! The rain goes away for a few days and everyone goes with it. Now, it's heat & humidity. Got up to 88 here today. They're forecasting low 90's for the next two days, then cooling slightly to the mid 80's for a few days before climbing back to the upper 80's/low 90's. Finally... summer.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:24 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm not going to complain about it being hot/humid. We had a miserably long/snowy winter & a wet spring/early summer. Now that it's dried out, I'll take what I can get.

Lori-