Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, we did see Frank & Chris last weekend at Prince Gallitzin SP. I must have missed the email saying they would be there till Monday. In fact they were on the same loop. I might have rode my bike past their RV a few times. It was nice to spend a few nights with them. Frank bought a 1/2 a buggy of wood from the camp store for our campfires. Frank, I still have what is left here at Clear Creek. Yesterday we moved over to Clear Creek SP. till Tue.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #16

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Jim:
I had a feeling that you'd be moving the remaining firewood to Clear Creek. Yesterday afternoon, I saw a storm headed your way on TWC. Hope you all enjoyed the Railroaders Memorial Museum. Just so you know, we encountered no rain last Monday until we left the park. I took the GPS's route home which took us down US-219 south to US-22 west. I'm glad I did this in the day because there were a number of sharp turns on the roads you take from the park to get to US-219. After going both ways, I much prefer using PA-53 between the park amd US-22. Much of PA-53 was newly resurfaced for a smooth ride. Although US-219 is a 65 mile zone, the road surface is awful. We "rode the horse" for much of the time we were on it. I don't think Purrscilla was too pleased with it either.

George:
How'd the driveway campout go? AOK, I hope. I think you got some rain too so I guess you got to see how weather resistant those pull-out beds are. In all my years of experience with pull-out beds in pop-ups, in the majority of the cases when wetness occurred it was because we did something "dumb" to cause it.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Frank,

Its all good! We closed the beds since we anticipated a storm...then the storm never hit, only sprinkles.

I left Clear Creek at 10:30. Slif was still burning that PG wood.
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a beautiful weekend at Cook last week. Disappointed though; we can't camp @ Clear Creek...we couldn't even drive in with Sadie the wonder dog. Took a ride over there while we were riding around @ Cook. Passed on the Indian Encampment they had going....What a bunch of baloney that was.
It was funny watching them come back into our camp area with makeup and wigs on...heading to the shower house...only to exit with REAL Mohawk hair dews! Got to see the BIG trees for the first time.WOW is all I can say! It was good!

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
We had a beautiful weekend at Cook last week. Disappointed though; we can't camp @ Clear Creek...we couldn't even drive in with Sadie the wonder dog. Took a ride over there while we were riding around @ Cook. Passed on the Indian Encampment they had going....What a bunch of baloney that was.
It was funny watching them come back into our camp area with makeup and wigs on...heading to the shower house...only to exit with REAL Mohawk hair dews! Got to see the BIG trees for the first time.WOW is all I can say! It was good!
Hey John... why can't you camp at Clear Creek?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Miklas View Post
Hey John... why can't you camp at Clear Creek?
On the Clear Creek Conditions webpage, it states pets aren't permitted in the campground. Who knew?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
On the Clear Creek Conditions webpage, it states pets aren't permitted in the campground. Who knew?
I'll bet I could sneak Purrscilla in now that I have some experience in this department.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I did see someone walking a dog down the main campground road. I asked the camp host and they said is was OK to walk your dog down the main road and thru the campground to the canoe launch. But you can't camp with a dog.

Yes, Frank we burnt your last piece the last night at Clear Creek.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Georgie, we had an awesome time at cc with you and the kids. I sorely missed Jodi, though.

Everyone..... I was so amazed to see George!!! When we saw him, he had lost about 55 lbs!!!!! Just this short time, he is looking fantastic!

Diane
Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
63 now
Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #25

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Gosh, George, at the rate you're losing, you won't have any money left for camping because you'll be replacing your entire wardrobe.

Congrats on your success, though!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank P. Martin View Post
Gosh, George, at the rate you're losing, you won't have any money left for camping because you'll be replacing your entire wardrobe.

Congrats on your success, though!
Right now I'm back to my 2001-2002 weight, and since I kept those clothes, I will have no present cost to simply change out my wardrobe for now.

But if the rate continues (as I expect it will), a new wardrobe in September is likely.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Way to go George! I'm so happy for you. I'll bet I won't recognize you next time I do see you.

Best wishes for future loss (kinda an odd phrase to say, ain't it?)

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote